OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 09:45:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 74848 times) Average Rating: 0
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #450 on: October 15, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »

I hereby designate Vamrat to chop off my leg with an old rusty ax if I every get Zombie bitten there..

Amen

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2012, 01:04:22 PM »

Best Walking Dead episode ever! Should be very fast paced from now on.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #452 on: October 15, 2012, 01:28:23 PM »

I hereby designate Vamrat to chop off my leg with an old rusty ax if I every get Zombie bitten there..

Amen

Ugh, this will not turn out well.  An axe doesn't slice so much as crush.  Bone fragments + bloodstream = horrible.  They cannot keep that tourniquet on for ever.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #453 on: October 27, 2012, 05:46:28 AM »

Freaks and Geeks

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #454 on: October 28, 2012, 10:37:50 PM »

Venture Bros. Halloween Special in an hour! Grin

Forgive my sins.
biro
Site Supporter
Toumarches

« Reply #455 on: October 28, 2012, 10:43:43 PM »

Alaska State Troopers a few times this weekend, and a new Alaska Game Keepers show I just found on the channel Destination America.

Got to watch the rest of this World Series game tonight, though.  Smiley

Not posting
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #456 on: October 29, 2012, 12:04:50 AM »

Girls Next Door, Supernatural, Modern Marvels and a couple documentaries.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2012, 12:08:43 AM »

Ice Pilots NWT

adampjr
Karamazov

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antioch

Penguin

« Reply #458 on: October 29, 2012, 12:13:23 AM »

Best Walking Dead episode ever! Should be very fast paced from now on.

I haven't seen it yet but I'm looking forward to getting to download it off of iTunes or something. I was rather expecting TWD to not be that good but they really did everything well. I was positively surprised.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #459 on: October 29, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »

Three episodes in and I think the Walking Dead is maintaining the momentum it gained on the first episode of this season.

Gonna get good now that the Governor is here!

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #460 on: October 29, 2012, 09:21:53 PM »

What is the Walking Dead? Don't answer with zombies...

Forgive my sins.
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #461 on: October 29, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »

Don't answer with zombies...

As you wish...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:32:42 PM by sheenj » Logged
biro
Site Supporter
Toumarches

« Reply #462 on: October 29, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »

Some show people talk about too much.

Not posting
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #463 on: October 29, 2012, 10:54:25 PM »

Perambulating corpses.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #464 on: October 30, 2012, 12:13:19 AM »

Non-living entities with a proclivity for dining upon human tissue

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #465 on: October 30, 2012, 02:21:34 AM »

Zombies are the most overrated, exaggerated modern monster that there is. At least the classic Romero/Brooks zombies anyhow are. Ever notice that NONE of these zombie movies or shows logically explain HOW the epidemic got so large and threatening in the first place? It always starts after the zombie 'virus' has already become a widespread problem. But I honestly think that if this really happened, the zombie threat would never escalate to such a huge problem and would easily be over within a couple weeks.

Lets examine why. The MAIN reason why zombies would never be a large threat is for two basic principles--first, the fact that the only way the 'virus' is spread is through a bite, and second, the fact that zombies are incapable of running or even walking at a normal pace. Biting is an extremely inefficient way to spread a disease, combined with the fact that we could easily avoid them seeing how slow they are. If you don't believe me, then go outside and try to tackle and bite a squirrel. Chances are it easily escaped your grasp before you even had a chance at biting it. This is what it would be like for zombies, except, in the case with zombies, it would be even more difficult because zombies lack any intellectual prowess and the speed to be able to pursue and/or pin down a human being and then successfully bite that human in question.

Secondly, zombies are inferior to normal humans in literally almost every physical and mental aspect. Their bodies are slowly deteriorating day by day making them weaker, along with their inability to heal, they lack intellectual capacity, they lack speed as we mentioned earlier, and they lack reproduction ability. The ONLY way for a zombie to produce another zombie is to infect a human--and guess what, humans are zombies' biggest predator. That is a horrible way to reproduce. Zombie movies always start AFTER a large horde of zombies has already been formed--which, admittedly would be a bigger problem if that were the case. But the reality is that such a large horde would never be formed in the first place because humans have nearly every advantage over zombies. A couple of lone zombies throughout the world would not really be any problem at all. All we have to do is be carefully alert, fortify our houses a little bit, never travel at night and take a weapon with us everywhere and I assure you that literally like 96% of us would be fine. Maybe in areas with a high risk of potential zombie stragglers we could set up volunteer groups of armed civilians to patrol the neighborhood at night. Even urbanized areas wouldn't be in that much danger. If anything, they would actually be safer because there are more people that would be alert that could eliminate the threat on sight and communicate the news to the rest of the country so that close areas potentially at risk could be extra-alert.

Zombies have ONLY 1 advantage over humans; that the only way to kill them is to destroy their brain (ie headshot). But other than that, they are inferior to us in everything else. I admit, shooting a target the size of a human head is very difficult, but it is not impossible, and even if some panicked civilians are incapable of hitting the head, they could still easily evade the zombie or even trap it inside of a bedroom easily and then call for the police or volunteer defense group to come dispatch of it. Problem solved. World militaries are trained to aim for center mass, which, could admittedly be a problem, however, our first world militaries are very quick to adapt to new situations and learning, they could easily re-train themselves to aim for the head. Plus, we already have snipers in the military that ARE in fact trained to aim for the head. I don't even think that military action would be required at all because zombies would be such a tiny threat. Maybe a couple of national guard trucks and checkpoints to moniter larger areas and/or more 'at risk' areas, but other than that, I think we are pretty sufficient to defend ourselves from the random straggling zombie or two. Society would not fall.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #466 on: October 30, 2012, 09:37:35 AM »

Gather them into a horde and let loose on the thermobarics.

But then again, it really isn't zombies, it's a metaphor.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #467 on: October 30, 2012, 11:01:34 AM »

JamesR

I knew within the first 30 seconds of reading your post that you haven't watched many zombie movies. Try Return of the Living Dead for a good example that addresses (I think) all your points.  police

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #468 on: November 04, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »

I started watching the past seasons of The Walking Dead on netflix. I didn't get into it back when it started, but recently it caught my attention again. I almost stopped watching it after 2 episodes because the apparent cheating on Rick disgusted me so much, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

biro
Site Supporter
Toumarches

« Reply #469 on: November 04, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

Why can't zombies just go to the sub store and get a turkey sandwich like everyone else? Why do they have to eat people's brains? Rude, I tell you.

Not posting
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #470 on: November 04, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »

It makes the pain go away  angel

biro
Site Supporter
Toumarches

« Reply #471 on: November 04, 2012, 01:49:36 PM »

Does anybody make synthetic brains, you know, like an imitation thing? This could be a golden opportunity for some company out there. That way, when zombies come to my house, I'll just hand sandwiches out the window.

Not posting
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #472 on: November 04, 2012, 04:48:04 PM »

Does anybody make synthetic brains, you know, like an imitation thing? This could be a golden opportunity for some company out there. That way, when zombies come to my house, I'll just hand sandwiches out the window.

I think there are USDA regulations against it.  You'd probably have to go to Europe or East Asia.  They eat odd things.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #473 on: November 10, 2012, 12:18:42 AM »

Hoaders

Sorta scary...

genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #474 on: November 10, 2012, 11:36:07 AM »

Hoaders

Sorta scary...
I watched that for a while, but found it too depressing, but scary fits, too.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #475 on: November 10, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »

Walking Dead was hard to watch last week. I had to do it in two sits.

Talking Dead aftershow is very good.  Chris Hardwick the host is really good at it.

Walking Dead does explain how this happened. It was a virus that reanimates the body, duh.

Oh and I am waiting for the two Women in the "Town" to kiss or somethin.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #476 on: November 10, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »

Talking Dead aftershow is very good.  Chris Hardwick the host is really good at it.

Walking Dead does explain how this happened. It was a virus that reanimates the body, duh.

IDK, I think Blondie and Merle are going to hook up.  I'll bet Rick has a complete mental breakdown and it will be down to Merle/Blondie, Darryl/Short-Hair, and Asian kid/Maggie to remake mankind.  Little Blondie and Karl will be generation two, and Herschel will be the wisened elder who lasts until he can challenge Methuselah to a longevity contest.  Kaiser Wilhelm will grow the "pharmaceuticals" and the black prisoner will do his best to be the new T-Dog but no one will ever replace T-Dog in my heart or anyone else's so they will kill him off and the samurai chick will totally hook up with the Guv'ner. 

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #477 on: November 10, 2012, 06:33:58 PM »

After all the death and chaos he has already caused, Carl must die.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #478 on: November 10, 2012, 07:00:41 PM »

IDK, I think Blondie and Merle are going to hook up.  I'll bet Rick has a complete mental breakdown and it will be down to Merle/Blondie, Darryl/Short-Hair, and Asian kid/Maggie to remake mankind.  Little Blondie and Karl will be generation two, and Herschel will be the wisened elder who lasts until he can challenge Methuselah to a longevity contest.  Kaiser Wilhelm will grow the "pharmaceuticals" and the black prisoner will do his best to be the new T-Dog but no one will ever replace T-Dog in my heart or anyone else's so they will kill him off and the samurai chick will totally hook up with the Guv'ner. 

I'm going to hold out for Blondie and the samurai chick to hook up...........But that's just me

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #479 on: November 13, 2012, 04:47:32 PM »

I have a new top 5 favorite show. "Dangerous Grounds" on the Travel Channel Tuesday's ( tonight) 9 pm Eastern.

It follows the owner of a very high end coffee business ( they have  a few shops and sell on line) as he goes to dangerous places around the world to strike deals with farmers in places like Haiti and Bolivia. He often needs to go around the local Mafia middleman and the whole endevour seems dangerous. He comes back with sacks of the Worlds best coffee beans.   

I've upped my Coffee consumption all week and plan to French Press a cup while I watch tonight. You can watch a repeat of last weeks first episode at 8 PM.

Here is the link to his company.

http://www.lacolombe.com/

http://www.lacolombe.com/

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #480 on: November 13, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »

Hoaders

Sorta scary...
Poop bottles.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #481 on: November 13, 2012, 05:09:12 PM »

Doomsday Preppers is always good for a nice laugh at other peoples' expense.
mersch

Faith: converting to orthodoxy, seems to be on hold

« Reply #482 on: November 26, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »

Channel surfing, landed on "Biblical Mysteries Explained"   Attempting to uncover the secrets of the banned gospels from Mary Magdaline, Peter, and Judas"  on the Military Channel, hmmmmm should be, umm, "interesting"......For some reason, just have to see what they have to say............
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #483 on: November 26, 2012, 10:58:07 PM »

Channel surfing, landed on "Biblical Mysteries Explained"   Attempting to uncover the secrets of the banned gospels from Mary Magdaline, Peter, and Judas"  on the Military Channel, hmmmmm should be, umm, "interesting"......For some reason, just have to see what they have to say............

Wait, on the military channel?  What are they saying?  That the apostles developed Blitzkreig and were going to test it out on those proto-Italians before our Lord and Saviour gave them something better to do?

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #484 on: November 26, 2012, 11:00:36 PM »

TLC is no longer about learning. Discovery CHannel is no longer about discovering. History Channel is no longer about history. Health and Fitness is no longer about health and fitness. AMC is no longer about classic movies. Why should the Military Channel be about the military?  Cool

Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #485 on: November 26, 2012, 11:47:41 PM »

The Big Bang Theory and Glee are about all I actually keep up with.
mersch

« Reply #486 on: November 27, 2012, 10:14:58 PM »

Wait, on the military channel?  What are they saying?  That the apostles developed Blitzkreig and were going to test it out on those proto-Italians before our Lord and Saviour gave them something better to do?
TLC is no longer about learning. Discovery CHannel is no longer about discovering. History Channel is no longer about history. Health and Fitness is no longer about health and fitness. AMC is no longer about classic movies. Why should the Military Channel be about the military?  Cool
[/quote}

Ended up not being able to watch much after the opening..........family matters came up, LOL, have to smile at the timing.
mersch

« Reply #487 on: November 27, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »

messed up trying to do the quote thing Huh 
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #488 on: November 27, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »

Dangerous Grounds... Tonight he is in Borneo.

Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #489 on: November 27, 2012, 10:22:07 PM »

So true........Tv has become one big reality show.

That is no longer about reality. Wink

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #490 on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »

Riiight.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQfzwFloVqA

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #491 on: November 27, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »

Riiight.....

Not sure I understand what you meant by that.
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #492 on: November 28, 2012, 09:50:16 AM »

Riiight.....

Not sure I understand what you meant by that.
I was thinking the same thing of your post.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #493 on: November 28, 2012, 10:54:54 AM »

You still watching The Perambulating Deceased?

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #494 on: November 28, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »

You still watching The Perambulating Deceased?

After last weeks episode I had to go out and walk the dogs.. There is a group home in my neighborhood of "Challenged" men.. They go for walks too. The..ummm..Shamble when they walk.

I ran into them.. I Got real scared and went home.

I am not happy that they are stopping mid season for a long break.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: