OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 07:59:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 72697 times) Average Rating: 0
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2012, 09:12:14 PM »

Now watching The Civil War by Ken Burns on Netflix.

How do you like it? I was planning on renting/buying it and watching it with my dad.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »

Bachelor update.

Down to the final 2. He's going for Courtney. I just think he wants to have sex with her at this point ( or more sex).

She's a man eater but pretty darn good looking. He has just given up and is going with whatever little Ben wants.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »

Now watching The Civil War by Ken Burns on Netflix.

How do you like it? I was planning on renting/buying it and watching it with my dad.

I remember it was very long but moving. The letters from the soldiers really got to me.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2012, 06:41:05 PM »

Is anyone else excited to see what kind of drama Mike "The Situation" is gonna stir up tonight??

Am I!

Okay, I actually never heard of Mike or The Situation before.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:48 PM »

Is anyone else excited to see what kind of drama Mike "The Situation" is gonna stir up tonight??

Am I!

Consider yourself very lucky.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2012, 01:44:21 AM »

Am I!

Very lucky, indeed.

Achronos, I have heard of 'the Situation' before.  If you want to commit double suicide together at some point, let me know.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2012, 02:21:37 AM »

Am I!

Very lucky, indeed.

Achronos, I have heard of 'the Situation' before.  If you want to commit double suicide together at some point, let me know.

Snookie is pregnant, due date Dec 21st 2012, Apocalypse incoming.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #277 on: March 05, 2012, 11:21:54 AM »

Spoiler Alert.. Walking Dead. dont read if you have not seen last night's episode yet.

They killed Dale !!!!! OMG !    They killed off Dale !!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:22:28 AM by Marc1152 » Logged

CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #278 on: March 05, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »

Spoiler Alert.. Walking Dead. dont read if you have not seen last night's episode yet.

That was suprising, was hoping they'd kill off Lori first.  Smiley

So, what do you think they do with the kid? And who's motorcycle was that? This episode was definitely one of the better ones.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #279 on: March 05, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »

That was suprising, was hoping they'd kill off Lori first.  Smiley

So, what do you think they do with the kid? And who's motorcycle was that? This episode was definitely one of the better ones.

I think the kid stays and becomes part of the group. but in a future episode he will betray them..

The Motorbike belonged to Daryle ( is that his name..the cross bow guy)

CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #280 on: March 05, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »

I think the kid stays and becomes part of the group. but in a future episode he will betray them..

Makes sense, I guess that's how the writers will get them off the farm and on the way to the governor.

Thanks!  Duh, I forgot he had a motorbike.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #281 on: March 05, 2012, 02:21:24 PM »

If you have netflix, you may enjoy Lilyhammer. It's quite good, sort of a Sopranos meets Norwegian Fargo.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #282 on: March 05, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »

Makes sense, I guess that's how the writers will get them off the farm and on the way to the governor.

Thanks!  Duh, I forgot he had a motorbike.

My wife said she saw a trailer that made it look like he escapes.

that would be a good end of season. Big battle scene when the 30 bandits show up... and then 300 Zombies.Oh yeah

" Sir, what are those flags coming up on our left flank? Is it Blucher Huh"

"NO ! It's 300 Zombies !!!!   Right Wheel ! Come about and fire"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:45:44 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #283 on: March 05, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »

I've been watching some music video things, just for giggles. There's a Korean pop one that kind of lifts my spirits at the end of a long day. I think it's called M Pop or something.

Fuse is good, and the Cool Channel (ack! well, I didn't pick the name) is light pop stuff, but it's okay once in a while. I can't wait until I get a new place and I can order all the overseas channels. Boy, is that going to be great!   Grin Grin

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #284 on: March 08, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »

Makes sense, I guess that's how the writers will get them off the farm and on the way to the governor
Who I think is gonna be Merle.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #285 on: March 08, 2012, 01:56:08 PM »

Makes sense, I guess that's how the writers will get them off the farm and on the way to the governor
Who I think is gonna be Merle.

PP

That would be poetic considering the "hand" incident, but its not.  Cool

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/24/the-walking-dead-casts-david-morrissey-as-the-governor/

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #286 on: March 08, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »

Stupid Verizon FIOS is planning to take the Funimation channel off the air. I've got to remember to call and email them.  Angry What am I going to do without my florid Japanese dramas?

Protoevangel

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #287 on: March 08, 2012, 02:11:15 PM »

Sons of Anarchy FTW

"The unholy doubt, not because they are ostensibly more rational, but because they are unholy.
The holier man is always the more rational, for in the clear mirror of his heart he sees the truth.
"
-- St. Nicholai of Ohrid
brandb

« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2012, 12:08:17 AM »

Anyone watching Spartacus: Vengeance?
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2012, 10:57:43 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

THEY KILLED SHANE !!!!   OMG !!!!

I need comforting

Next week: ZOMBIE ALAMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeiq7XPdDA8
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:58:14 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #290 on: March 12, 2012, 12:05:46 AM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

I liked Shane, but I don't think Rick had any other choice.  It was this or looking over his back for the rest of his life.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #291 on: March 12, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

I liked Shane, but I don't think Rick had any other choice.  It was this or looking over his back for the rest of his life.
Rick is good with that knife.....

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #292 on: March 12, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »

Yeah, was a brilliant scene. These last two episides were great, more than made up for the clunkers this season.

Sauron
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

I suspected it when they found those two zombie guards at the school board with no bites, but last night confirmed that they are keeping with the comics in that dying for any reason (except traumatic head injury) results in a walker. Walker bites don't transmit zombification per se; they are simply 100% fatal.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

THEY KILLED SHANE !!!!   OMG !!!!

I need comforting

I suspected it when they found those two zombie guards at the school board with no bites, but last night confirmed that they are keeping with the comics in that dying for any reason (except traumatic head injury) results in a walker. Walker bites don't transmit zombification per se; they are simply 100% fatal.

Im glad they're going a different direction than the comics (killing the girl, and Dale, adding chars. etc) it really makes the series stadn on its own and not have to constantly be held in light of the comics (like the LOTR movies constantly were)

PP

Gregory the Great

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

A few of us have been discussing the medical aspects of zombiism in the show.  We were discussing the absence of bites on Randall (death by broken neck) followed by Shane's zombification this morning.  The discussion ended with - holy feces, batman, I need to be to work in 15 minutes!!!!!  I still wonder what causes it in the show.  I wonder if the nature of the disease will ever be discussed?
Sauron
High Elder

« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2012, 02:49:50 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

A few of us have been discussing the medical aspects of zombiism in the show.  We were discussing the absence of bites on Randall (death by broken neck) followed by Shane's zombification this morning.  The discussion ended with - holy feces, batman, I need to be to work in 15 minutes!!!!!  I still wonder what causes it in the show.  I wonder if the nature of the disease will ever be discussed?

The episodes at the CDC explained that it is a virus.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

But it didn't really explain how it was transmitted other than the obvious biting.  The unbitten security guards add that it might be transmitted through just a scratch.  With Shane there is the possibility that there was still infected fluids on the knife (which would indicate that the virus has a relatively long life outside of the host).  The problem is with Randall.  He died of a broken neck.  It did not appear to Daryl and the Asian kid that he had been gnawed upon or had had any contact with lamebrains of any kind.  Unless Shane somehow purposefully infected him after killing him we have no idea how he was turned. 
Sauron
High Elder

« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

But it didn't really explain how it was transmitted other than the obvious biting.  The unbitten security guards add that it might be transmitted through just a scratch.  With Shane there is the possibility that there was still infected fluids on the knife (which would indicate that the virus has a relatively long life outside of the host).  The problem is with Randall.  He died of a broken neck.  It did not appear to Daryl and the Asian kid that he had been gnawed upon or had had any contact with lamebrains of any kind.  Unless Shane somehow purposefully infected him after killing him we have no idea how he was turned. 

It is not transmitted by biting. Everyone is already infected. The bites are merely fatal. The virus is no more transmitted by biting than by stabbing.

Protoevangel

« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

It is not transmitted by biting. Everyone is already infected. The bites are merely fatal. The virus is no more transmitted by biting than by stabbing.

Which episode was that explained?

"The unholy doubt, not because they are ostensibly more rational, but because they are unholy.
The holier man is always the more rational, for in the clear mirror of his heart he sees the truth.
"
-- St. Nicholai of Ohrid
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #300 on: March 12, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

So basically everyone is infected, it's just that the body has to die before the symptoms ensue?  Theoretically, if someone was bitten by a zombie, they could have the area patched up and cleaned, and so longs as they lived they would be otherwise unaffected?
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2012, 04:08:05 PM »

In most other show's that Asian kid would have been long dead. Ensign expendable.

How would you like to be the actor that played Shane? The series takes off like a rocket, youre one of the leading men, and they off you.

He needs a new Agent.  

"Marty, this is Sam. He look, you cant kill off my guy. His numbers are through the roof with 14 to 30 year old females. And he trends up with men in all age groups."

" I know the script is already written. Un f..ing write it !!"

"Well what about that scrawny Asian kid? Do you really mean to tell me you're keeping him but getting rid of my guy?? You cant be serious?"

" He played Hamlet you know.. In London"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:08:32 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #302 on: March 12, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »

I want to stat watching this Walking Dead thing.

Netflix time!

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Sauron
High Elder

« Reply #303 on: March 12, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »

In most other show's that Asian kid would have been long dead. Ensign expendable.

How would you like to be the actor that played Shane? The series takes off like a rocket, youre one of the leading men, and they off you.

He needs a new Agent.

I would like to be that actor just fine since he's moving to a starring role in the upcoming L.A. Noire series. I think his agent is doing just fine.

Sauron
High Elder

« Reply #304 on: March 12, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »

So basically everyone is infected, it's just that the body has to die before the symptoms ensue?  Theoretically, if someone was bitten by a zombie, they could have the area patched up and cleaned, and so longs as they lived they would be otherwise unaffected?

We haven't see a case of that yet, but it is possible. I imagine that zombie bites are 100% fatal, however.

witega
Is it enough now, to tell you you matter?
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South

« Reply #305 on: March 12, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

It hasn't been (AFAIR). But given the speed with which it apparently infected the entire world, including areas that should have basic infection control/ability to use force to drive off walkers, it's been obvious for a while that direct physical transmission (blood/infected bite) could not be the only vector. I've been assuming for awhile that everybody was infected (via air or water) and the survivors are just those who happen to have some level of natural resistance.

Ariel Starling - New album

For it were better to suffer everything, rather than divide the Church of God. Even martyrdom for the sake of preventing division would not be less glorious than for refusing to worship idols. - St. Dionysius the Great
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2012, 04:35:50 PM »

He needs a new Agent.  

"Marty, this is Sam. He look, you cant kill off my guy. His numbers are through the roof with 14 to 30 year old females. And he trends up with men in all age groups."

" I know the script is already written. Un f..ing write it !!"

"Well what about that scrawny Asian kid? Do you really mean to tell me you're keeping him but getting rid of my guy?? You cant be serious?"

" He played Hamlet you know.. In London"

There is something to be said about killing off a character when they are still liked.  It makes it hit the audience harder.  If about half the characters on that show died I would probably yawn, or else cheer in the case of the brat kid.  Dale and Shane were two that I liked and their deaths were largely unexpected...well, I expected Dale, but that's PP's fault!   Wink

And I like the Asian kid.  He's one of the one's I can relate to the most since he seems to be one of the least retarded!   Cheesy
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

It hasn't been (AFAIR). But given the speed with which it apparently infected the entire world, including areas that should have basic infection control/ability to use force to drive off walkers, it's been obvious for a while that direct physical transmission (blood/infected bite) could not be the only vector. I've been assuming for awhile that everybody was infected (via air or water) and the survivors are just those who happen to have some level of natural resistance.

In Shaun of the Dead, the Military shows up and mows them down. I don't know why a few good chain guns didnt do the same this time.

NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

In Shaun of the Dead, the Military shows up and mows them down. I don't know why a few good chain guns didnt do the same this time.
Wondering the same thing. How did the braindead zombies manage to overrun the military barricades in Atlanta and the CDC place? Much less tanks? Okay they have high amounts of stamina but they are still essentially animated human corpses, one bullet to the head and they're finished.
Protoevangel

« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2012, 05:40:01 PM »

<snip>

Because of the ninja zombies!

http://www.ninjazombiesfilm.com/

"
-- St. Nicholai of Ohrid
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

Wondering the same thing. How did the braindead zombies manage to overrun the military barricades in Atlanta and the CDC place? Much less tanks? Okay they have high amounts of stamina but they are still essentially animated human corpses, one bullet to the head and they're finished.

1- What percentage of military personnel were infected?  If a large portion were compromised that would cut down effectiveness considerable.  Remember, 20% casualties is often considered 'combat ineffective'.
2- Tanks.  I am assuming the Abrams MBT in the first season was not taken out of action by the zombies but rather by lack of fuel and expended ammo.  The gas turbine engines in those are fuel hogs.
3- One bullet to the head is a lot harder than it looks on TV.  I can reliably put most shots into the head at a stationary target in unstressed situations at about 10-15' nearly 100% of the time.  At 20' it really depends on the pistol.  With a rifle I can go a bit further, but I'm no William Tell.  Make the targets moving and stress me out and the percentages will drop astronomically.  Take a look at police hit ratios.  These are usually considered trained professionals.  I don't have the numbers on hand but they are pretty abysmal.  And I am talking about hitting the target in general, not a precise shot to the head.

The main advantage the military would have would be artillery strikes against conglomerations of them.  Military fire bases with large stockpiles of ammunition would probably be the way to go.  The problem is, ammo is always finite and arty is loud...
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2012, 05:59:37 PM »

Rick and his crew makes headshots look pretty easy, regardless of whether that's possible in reality Tongue.

Even assuming finite ammo, how about setting up walls, electric fences, reinforced perimeters...? Surely there's room for innovation, there aren't thousands of engineers working in the military for no reason. The main advantage of the military probably wouldn't be artillery strikes but the ability to strategically outmaneuver an enemy that's completely incapacitated mentally. I was pretty surprised to see them using rocks to break down the department store windows in Season 1.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:08:54 PM by NightOwl » Logged
witega
Is it enough now, to tell you you matter?
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South

« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

Hence my assumption that actually getting bitten by a zombie was not the only vector. If half the military base spontaneously manifested the disease, then it would be relatively easy for them to get to and bite most of the remaining half, who wouldn't really be able to use area-effect weapons while still thinking some non-diseased were present--as opposed to the ability of a hardened military structure to lock down and simply mow down incoming waves before they got close enough to infect anyone.

Ariel Starling - New album

For it were better to suffer everything, rather than divide the Church of God. Even martyrdom for the sake of preventing division would not be less glorious than for refusing to worship idols. - St. Dionysius the Great
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2012, 06:59:36 PM »

Hence my assumption that actually getting bitten by a zombie was not the only vector. If half the military base spontaneously manifested the disease, then it would be relatively easy for them to get to and bite most of the remaining half, who wouldn't really be able to use area-effect weapons while still thinking some non-diseased were present--as opposed to the ability of a hardened military structure to lock down and simply mow down incoming waves before they got close enough to infect anyone.
Interesting. Maybe the initial "natural resistance" was hereditary? Would partly explain why many survivors are related Tongue.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2012, 10:10:43 PM »

OMG !!!!!  Walking Dead

I need comforting

I liked Shane, but I don't think Rick had any other choice.  It was this or looking over his back for the rest of his life.

A few of us have been discussing the medical aspects of zombiism in the show.  We were discussing the absence of bites on Randall (death by broken neck) followed by Shane's zombification this morning.  The discussion ended with - holy feces, batman, I need to be to work in 15 minutes!!!!!  I still wonder what causes it in the show.  I wonder if the nature of the disease will ever be discussed?

But it didn't really explain how it was transmitted other than the obvious biting.  The unbitten security guards add that it might be transmitted through just a scratch.  With Shane there is the possibility that there was still infected fluids on the knife (which would indicate that the virus has a relatively long life outside of the host).  The problem is with Randall.  He died of a broken neck.  It did not appear to Daryl and the Asian kid that he had been gnawed upon or had had any contact with lamebrains of any kind.  Unless Shane somehow purposefully infected him after killing him we have no idea how he was turned.

1- What percentage of military personnel were infected?  If a large portion were compromised that would cut down effectiveness considerable.  Remember, 20% casualties is often considered 'combat ineffective'.
2- Tanks.  I am assuming the Abrams MBT in the first season was not taken out of action by the zombies but rather by lack of fuel and expended ammo.  The gas turbine engines in those are fuel hogs.
3- One bullet to the head is a lot harder than it looks on TV.  I can reliably put most shots into the head at a stationary target in unstressed situations at about 10-15' nearly 100% of the time.  At 20' it really depends on the pistol.  With a rifle I can go a bit further, but I'm no William Tell.  Make the targets moving and stress me out and the percentages will drop astronomically.  Take a look at police hit ratios.  These are usually considered trained professionals.  I don't have the numbers on hand but they are pretty abysmal.  And I am talking about hitting the target in general, not a precise shot to the head.

The main advantage the military would have would be artillery strikes against conglomerations of them.  Military fire bases with large stockpiles of ammunition would probably be the way to go.  The problem is, ammo is always finite and arty is loud...

Lets see. Marines with chain guns and arty vs. unarmed slow moving Zombies whose only weapon is to bite you.

Thirty Marines with a few chain guns and several cases of beer and the Zombie problem goes away fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ORo7L9iyC4

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:11:28 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: