OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 05:06:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 69797 times) Average Rating: 0
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« on: September 06, 2011, 07:42:33 AM »

Since there is a movie thread, and I kind of feel like I'm cheating by posting TV shows in the movie thread, I thought I would start a TV thread. Pretty much 99% of what I watch are all TV shows.

Mods, if you want to combine this with the movie one, go right ahead. I thought I would see how posting this goes.

Last night it was Jericho. Mr. Ismi has been telling me all about it, and we actually found it on Netflix.

Actually liking it so far. Seems to be like your typical disaster TV show, but I am quite intrigued by the characters.

Otherwise we have been re-watching Reno 911 and laughing like crazy. The humor is typically too vulgar for my taste, but I've been watching ever since Season 1 aired and I'm impressed with the stuff that the actors pull out of their pockets.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:42:49 AM by IsmiLiora » Logged

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 07:58:17 AM »

Currently watching Farscape on Netflix. Probably my favorite recent scifi show.

Generally speaking, my favorite shows are:

Doctor Who (most of the stuff before the 1980's, after that it goes way downhill and never recovers)

Patrick McGoohan's Danger Man AKA Secret Agent, and its "sequel", The Prisoner

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett

Twin Peaks

Blake's 7 (haven't watched it since my teens, might have a different opinion now)

The original Star Trek

The Wire

The new Battlestar Galactica

Fraggle Rock

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
PrincessMommy
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OCA

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:17:21 AM »

Current shows:

Project Runway - most of the family watches this together.   

also with the family: Doctor Who - I'm still not sure I like this new series and the new companions.

Masterpiece Theater productions as well as Mystery! when they start up this fall.  The newer one that takes place in Rome with Rufus Sewell was a bit of a dud. 

Auction Kings

Older shows:

We're watching "Masterpiece Theater's Little Dorrit" currently.  I think it's taken us nearly 3 months to finish it.

Just finished a 2pt. Inspector Morse.  I loved that show and miss John Thaw.

I also like watching the old Doctor Who when I have some time during the day.  Enjoying the ones with Pertwee lately. 

Man, it looks like I watch a lot of tv. 
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »

Well, if we are listing multiple series Grin, I'm now working on Big Love Season 4 (Actually a re-watch, yikes, what an awful turn for the series, such a train wreck), The Good Wife, and Scrubs Seasons 1 through 3. That'll keep me busy for months, since I don't have time for more than an hour a day.

I'm liking the earlier seasons of Scrubs -- the show really went off the rails with its silliness in the final seasons. It was still funny, but I like the more introspective bent of the earlier seasons. Still, it's pretty silly regardless, so why am I analyzing it?

Also catching up on missed episodes of Deadliest Warrior. Just watched the IRA vs. the Taliban episode.

I haven't watched NCIS since the Season 7 DVD came out, so I am DYING to find out what happened in Season 8 -- will probably get the DVD sometime this week. I know I could have seen it online, but I decided to wait until the DVD was released. Why don't I have this patience with other things (or people?)  Huh

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »

As everyone knows I am correct about 96.7856% of the time. When it comes to movies and TV, especially long format serial TV, I am 100%.

As not to end the thread with a single post, I will allow others to add the to noise to signal ratio.

First TV series, ground breaking, and probably the only series with has an annual academic symposium dedicated to it even after its being off air for more than a few years, and was TV series based on a horrible film.

Before Twilight and that dumb garbage thing on HBO:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Has one of the greatest TV musicals of all time as well. Gotta get 5 1/2 seasons of context to fully appreciate its brilliance.

If you can get to season three you will be locked in. Most folks by the middle season two. Started as mid season toss-away experiment on a new network, that redefined TV.

None of the above is hyperbole.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »

BTW, good thread. Will last forever.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 08:58:27 AM »

As everyone knows I am correct about 96.7856% of the time. When it comes to movies and TV, especially long format serial TV, I am 100%.

As not to end the thread with a single post, I will allow others to add the to noise to signal ratio.

First TV series, ground breaking, and probably the only series with has an annual academic symposium dedicated to it even after its being off air for more than a few years, and was TV series based on a horrible film.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Has one of the greatest TV musicals of all time as well. Gotta get 5 1/2 seasons of context to fully appreciate its brilliance.

If you can get to season three you will be locked in. Most folks by the middle season two. Started as mid season toss-away experiment on a new network, that redefined TV.

I really, really like Buffy (and Angel too). Joss Whedon and co. definitely can write beautiful dialogue and characters and generally find the funniest pop culture references to include in a Vampire show. Spike's line about the Crucifixion and Woodstock is one of my favorites.

My problem with Whedon is that the shows would have been a lot better if he actually knew something about mythology, religion, etc. instead of either a) making stuff up or b) treating things very superficially. He loses big points for treating Wicca as the real "old religion". I mean, really? If you're going to have pagan sorcerers in the show there are so many more interesting  traditions and myths you could draw on. But that requires reading stuff, research, etc.

Some defenders of Buffy will say, "well, it's primarily about social commentary, American teenagers, yada yada" (academics love it) but let's face it, it's a monster/ fantasy show and the mythos is very important.

His most successful show in terms of world-building was probably Dollhouse because it pretty much sticks to what he knows- modern LA- with a fairly subdued scifi element. 

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 09:01:02 AM »

Dollhouse was such a good ALMOST. Almost there. But it was still pretty good.

--
--
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »

I feel that way about Firefly (cue lynch mob).

Mivac

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 09:25:14 AM »

I was watching Falling Skies but on a very sad note, I also have found myself watching America's Got Talent  Tongue
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 09:57:48 AM »

HAH! Me too, actually.

I think I feel that all of the Whedon stuff I saw is just an almost. I didn't like Buffy when I was 13 (I know, I am just handing orthonorm another excuse to hate me Wink ) and haven't watched it since, so I can't say anything about that. But Firefly was so close, too. I think I felt like the characters are not developed well enough and are kind of one-dimensional. He creates these grandiose plotlines but the characters fall short. That's how I felt with Firefly and Dollhouse, anyway.

--
--
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 10:05:34 AM »

Are you consulting Pasadi for your statistics now? Huh

--
--
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »

I didn't like Buffy when I was 13 (I know, I am just handing orthonorm another excuse to hate me Wink )y.

Maybe TMI, but I have heard this from women before. Under my tutelage, they became fans. A show for 13 year old girls that wasn't.

They need to live another decade give or take a few years and re-watch it with a man who was at least 13 before they were born.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:08:15 AM by orthonorm » Logged

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »

Are you consulting Pasadi for your statistics now? Huh

So you are saying it is true, as pasadi is the only person more correcter on this board than me.

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 10:08:42 AM »

On a whim, my wife and I watched the first three episodes of Cheers via Netflix streaming last night.

Almost 30 years later, that show is still one of the funniest I've ever seen. 

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I really, really like Buffy (and Angel too). Joss Whedon and co. definitely can write beautiful dialogue and characters and generally find the funniest pop culture references to include in a Vampire show. Spike's line about the Crucifixion and Woodstock is one of my favorites.

My problem with Whedon is that the shows would have been a lot better if he actually knew something about mythology, religion, etc. instead of either a) making stuff up or b) treating things very superficially. He loses big points for treating Wicca as the real "old religion". I mean, really? If you're going to have pagan sorcerers in the show there are so many more interesting  traditions and myths you could draw on. But that requires reading stuff, research, etc.

Some defenders of Buffy will say, "well, it's primarily about social commentary, American teenagers, yada yada" (academics love it) but let's face it, it's a monster/ fantasy show and the mythos is very important.

His most successful show in terms of world-building was probably Dollhouse because it pretty much sticks to what he knows- modern LA- with a fairly subdued scifi element. 

My wife is a big fan and made me watch all the Buffys with her...up until she got utterly sick of my pointing out the holes in the show's own mythos, especially the Invitation Rule.  The violation of that drove me insane.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 10:12:57 AM »

I didn't like Buffy when I was 13 (I know, I am just handing orthonorm another excuse to hate me Wink )y.

Maybe TMI, but I have heard this from women before. Under my tutelage, they became fans. A show for 13 year old girls that wasn't.

They need to live another decade give or take a few years and re-watch it with a man who was at least 13 before they were born.
This post kind of creeps me out, LOL.

Mr. Ismi loves him some Buffy, but after watching Charmed with him, I'm starting to see a pattern of why he likes the TV that he does....

And Schultz, Cheers IS hilarious. Glad it's on Netflix. Will be watching that sometime. I used to watch it on Nick-at-Nite growing up (yes, blah I'm so young, I watched re-runs Wink).

People have been recommending Veronica Mars, but I heard that it's not on Netflix anymore. Boo. Am trying to keep my DVD purchasing to a minimum, so will probably find a way to watch it online. Any reviews on that show?

--
--
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 10:21:30 AM »

especially the Invitation Rule.  The violation of that drove me insane.

Bet it happened less than you thought. I ain't no geek on the continuity thing from the beginning, since the show became something different around season three, but the invitation continuity was rarely violated. (The first season barely had a show runner, and the show runners quickly changed each season until fourish.)

This is will be the only element of the series I will comment on for the next 24 hours.

Happened to stumble, literally, into a Buffy Trivia contest idiocy at a bar in Chicago once. The table of nerdy girls I slid up to were amazed that someone so charming and handsome knew nearly every answer. We won hands down.

I won (insert obvious punchline).

Again no big geek on the show, probably have seen the series twice maybe in syndication. But some of the season finale arcs a few times, and the "special" episodes: Hush, The Body, Once More with Feeling! etc. many. Especially the latter.

When it comes to TV / Film I like, it etches permanently on my brain.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:22:26 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 10:36:43 AM »

I have a list at home that I compiled.  It happened more than it should have, especially AFTER Season Three. 

My wife is also a fan of True Blood and I was very pleased to note that in the three seasons she has made me watch it, this rule was not violated once to my knowledge.  I was also very impressed with the fact that one did not have to go through some ridiculous ritual to dis-invite someone, but merely had to say, "GET. OUT!" and woooosh!  There goes Bill out the door.

Granted, I wish the writers would say it to Bill entirely, but that may be too much of a favor to ask.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »

I have a list at home that I compiled.  It happened more than it should have, especially AFTER Season Three. 

lulz @ you. I gotta see that list. I mean the handwritten angry scrawl at a TV show about coming of age and vampires.

I couldn't get through 3.24 episodes of True Blood. Absurd and gratuitous.

Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »

lulz @ you. I gotta see that list. I mean the handwritten angry scrawl at a TV show about coming of age and vampires.

Lulz @ you.  I typed it out and laminated it to go in the box with all her dvds of the show Tongue

And while TrueBlood is absurd and gratuitous, at least it's internally consistent.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 10:56:05 AM »

Lulz @ you.  I typed it out and laminated it to go in the box with all her dvds of the show Tongue

And while TrueBlood is absurd and gratuitous, at least it's internally consistent.

Wow, how did you avoid NOT being the most annoying Mod of all time?

Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 10:59:58 AM »

Wow, how did you avoid NOT being the most annoying Mod of all time?

I had to take the reputation of others into account when I had the power.  Now I just have my own reputation to soil with my passive-aggressiveness and nitpicking.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »

Currently watching: Top Chef Just Desserts, Hell's Kitchen, Chopped Champions, Great Food Truck Race, Burn Notice (Season 5)

Favorites from the past: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Salute Your Shorts, Newsradio, Remember Wenn, Seinfeld, X-Files, Top Chef, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Just bought the 1st Season of Burn Notice today, hope to start watching it this weekend.

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »

I watch very little television - mostly because the stuff I find entertaining either fails financially or gets horrible ratings.

Currently, I am re-watching Arrested Development for the umpteenth time. Original, clever, and hilarious (not to mention one of the few shows that never jumped the shark before it was cancelled).

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
McB

Faith: Inquirer

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »

Currently watching: Top Chef Just Desserts, Hell's Kitchen, Chopped Champions, Great Food Truck Race, Burn Notice (Season 5)

Favorites from the past: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Salute Your Shorts, Newsradio, Remember Wenn, Seinfeld, X-Files, Top Chef, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Just bought the 1st Season of Burn Notice today, hope to start watching it this weekend.

Remember WENN was a remarkably good show.  So good that I will forgive you the fact that the theme music is now going to be stuck in my head for the next two days.

Oh, how I wish for a DVD set!
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »

Asteriktos, I'm sensing a pattern in your shows. And I likes it! I could watch food on TV all day. The ascetics somewhere are shaking their heads.

--
--
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »

I watch a lot of Fox Soccer Channel. They repeat everything, but it's pretty good. Hockey season starts next month, so I guess that'll be on ESPN2 and Sun Network (the Lightning).

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »

Just watched the Burn Notice episode from last Thursday. Pure awesomeness. That is the kind of episode I was hoping for when I first started watching the series.

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 03:48:33 PM »

I don't watch TV shows on TV.  Commercials make me dwell on acts of violence that are unChristian to think about unless you are reading about them in Lives of the Saints.

But I have watched a couple in my time, generally on Netflix.  IDK if HBO counts as TV shows or as Serial Epics, but I liked Rome and loved Deadwood.

I watched all of Lost on Netflix.  Not bad.

I watch Family Guy and Futurama whenever someone else at the house is.  My brother is obsessed with Dr. House.  It gave him quite a shock to see Black Adder Goes Fourth where Hugh Laurie is not only a moron but [gasp] British.

EDIT - I have seen bits and pieces of True Blood when I am subjected to it by my buddy's girlfriend.  Usually I put on my headset and turn up the volume on World of Tanks when she does that.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:49:52 PM by vamrat » Logged
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »

EDIT - I have seen bits and pieces of True Blood when I am subjected to it by my buddy's girlfriend.  Usually I put on my headset and turn up the volume on World of Tanks when she does that.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »

Thanks, I needed the hug.  I have mostly been suppressing my emotions over True Blood but it would only be a matter of time before the show drove me to suicide.  I think I'm going to be alright.
brandb

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 07:27:42 PM »

The Mentalist, anyone?? Cheesy

There's also Southland, Family Guy/Cleveland Show, Spartacus, and more recently Wilfred. I also love a few random animes.
If we're talking about the past, I'm with Vamrat on Rome. Star Trek: TNG, The Guardian, Daria, and Home Movies are also favs.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 09:05:35 PM »

Am I the only one watching Breaking Bad? one awesome show...at least until Dexter is back on in Oct.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »

I just purchased NCIS Season 8 on DVD. I refused to go on IMDB or read any spoilers, so I have no idea what happened at the end of Season 7. The description on the back of the case is so cliche and sounds like it describes every season. :-/ Is the drug-cartel/Gibbs angle going anywhere or are they going to deal with it and finish it in the first episode? Because that would stink.

I don't know when I'll even have time to watch it, but I hope to watch an episode sometime tomorrow.

While doing chores I decided to watch Arrested Development and Parks and Recreation on Netflix. I mean, they're kinda funny, but it still didn't make me laugh out loud too much. Actually, I would have to say that Arrested Development was the funnier of the two, but I feel that's a show I would be embarrassed to recommend to anyone else. LOL.

--
--
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »

Every time someone mentions Arrested Development I think of these guys. Why can't we all just be more like Mr. Wendall?

CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »

what, what, what! Firefly was pure gold. I still curse those fox execs for cancelling it. Dollhouse was a bit of a disappointment at first, by the time the it started getting good it'd already lost most of its audience.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:36 PM »

Housewives of something or the other. My mother is staying over and loves that show.

Forgive my sins.
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 09:32:29 PM »

3rd Rock from the Sun. 'Nuff said.

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 09:51:55 PM »

True Blood (I like gratuitous and absurd, so shoot me!)  Wink

Haven

Australian X Factor. I don't normally watch this kind of show, and I'm not sure how I got hooked into watching it most nights it's on.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »

True Blood (I like gratuitous and absurd, so shoot me!)  Wink
Big Love is my "gratuitous and absurd" show. I keep my Mad Men DVDs out and scoot the Big Love DVDs to the back. Wink The ending to Season 4 was so awful that I had my eyes closed during parts of it. AWFUL. I heard that the show redeems itself in Season 5, and I want to see the story line play out, so I'm getting the DVD anyway.

But yes, I get a lot of  Huh when Mr. Ismi rats me out and tells everyone that I can watch Big Love for hours. They all think I'm obsessed with polygamy. LOL. (Obv, as a naturally jealous person as well as a Christian, I'm not.)

--
--
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2011, 10:17:06 AM »

My wife and I do not watch TV shows. We just never developed this habit. We love movies, and sometimes (not very often) watch movies on TV, but never TV sitcoms. We mostly use our TV as a screen for DVDs that we order from Netflix.

As exceptions, not very often, we might watch "Daily Show with Jon Stuart" or "The Colbert Report," or an episode of "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" (not for plot, but because of the great acting by Christopher Meloni, Mariska Hargitay and others).

Love never fails.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »

West Wing   (netflix)
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »

"Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" (not for plot, but because of the great acting by Christopher Meloni, Mariska Hargitay and others).

No, no, no...

If you want to see a cop show with good acting AND a great plot check out the Wire.

Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »

bugger, wrong thread.  don't mind me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:26:52 AM by Schultz » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: