OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 05:23:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 83815 times) Average Rating: 0
katherineofdixie
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »

Ok, I just realized that this is going to sound like I am glued to the tv, but in my defence, please remember I have Comcast On Demand.

Memphis Beat
The Glades
Falling Skies
Burn Notice
Suits
Combat Hospital

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2011, 09:25:01 PM »

I recently got Netflix and watched the first three seasons of Friday Night Lights in about two weeks! The book was the best sports book I've ever read, and the movie was great as well. But I never watched the TV series because I just couldn't imagine that it would measure up to the book and the movie. But I was pleasantly surprised. Very good stuff!

As for other TV shows that I watch:

The First 48
Anthony Bourdain
Frontline
Charlie Rose
Tavis Smiley
O'Reilly Factor
Morning Joe

Any reruns of:
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Frasier
M.A.S.H
The Andy Griffith Show

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
mersch

Faith: converting to orthodoxy, seems to be on hold

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2011, 11:27:33 PM »

Well, not much tv "shows" since nfl has started, and nhl started their preseason, (yes, I'm a female- actually was fortunate to grow up playing both, and no I'm not a feminist, LOL)  So my free time for tv is centered around watching these two sports-  Go Steelers!  the best game I've been able to see today! Can't say much for my home town boys- the Chiefs!  But am so looking forward to going to Arrowhead to see my hometown boys for Monday night football, and Sunday night football- verses San Deigo and Steelers, my two other favorite teams- either way regardless who wins these two night games, I win!  Go Troy and the Steelers!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 11:01:47 PM »

Jersey Shore

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »

At the moment it's Reno 911, Sons of Guns, Gangland (luv!). I've had a hankering to watch Mad Men and catch up on NCIS, but no time. I watch with Mr. Ismi an hour or so each night and we usually choose the programs we mutually like.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2011, 11:21:45 PM »

Watching first Penguins game of the year... so far, so good...

Large Marge sent me...
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2011, 12:04:01 PM »

Jersey Shore

I dont know if youre kidding, but me and my wife are hooked.  Its like a bad car crash. Its awful, horrific, and sad but you cant help but look.

Man, I cant believe I just admitted to watching this show.

Other TV shows I watch include:

- The Braves - except not anymore since their season came to a miserable halt.
- The Falcons
- The Georgia Bulldogs!!!!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
AWR
Greetings from the Southern Jersey Shore.

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Expelled from Paradise

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2011, 12:25:53 PM »

The Phillies, at least tonight.   (sorry Timon)

Breaking Bad ain't bad.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »

Hello !  Survivor...

And Big Brother during the Summer.

Rachel Won..  bitchy but deserving IMHO

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2011, 01:09:52 PM »

The Phillies, at least tonight.   (sorry Timon)

Breaking Bad ain't bad.

Its all good.... Maybe next year!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2011, 03:10:47 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GZZGWC/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1318014403&sr=8-1
Should be coming in the mail today. I watched it in grade school and forgot all about it. Looking forward to seeing it and in blu ray too.

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2011, 03:19:26 PM »

We have been watching Spiderman (the cartoon) lately, and I think it's hilarious.

How did I miss out on this when I was a kid?

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
mersch

Faith: converting to orthodoxy, seems to be on hold

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »

Anderson Cooper show-  regarding people who have been scammed by psychics, hmmmmmmmmm, could I be in the wrong business? Roll Eyes
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2011, 11:59:16 AM »

Jersey Shore

I dont know if youre kidding, but me and my wife are hooked.  Its like a bad car crash. Its awful, horrific, and sad but you cant help but look.
Anderson Cooper should have just remained hosting The Mole forever.

Timon Re: Jersey Shore, it's okay. I was thinking about creating a thread titled, "What are your favorite TV shows that you are ashamed to admit you watch?"

As some OC.netters know, I am an avid watcher of Bravo's Real Housewives series, all of the different casts. So much so that my family and I went to see them have a round-table discussion live! LOL. So embarrassed about that, but yes, it is a train wreck kind of love. Isn't that awful?

--
--
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2011, 12:02:51 PM »

Finished watching all of Farscape with my wife (except Peacekeeper Wars)

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »

I was thinking about creating a thread titled, "What are your favorite TV shows that you are ashamed to admit you watch?"

Sounds like a good idea Smiley

As some OC.netters know, I am an avid watcher of Bravo's Real Housewives series, all of the different casts. So much so that my family and I went to see them have a round-table discussion live! LOL. So embarrassed about that, but yes, it is a train wreck kind of love. Isn't that awful?

Sickening, to be honest. I mean, really... the houswives? Which one of the 37 cities was it from?

Large Marge sent me...
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2011, 12:24:08 PM »

I watched the majority of an episode of Jersey Shore for the first time this weekend.  In the episode one of the denizens thought it might have been pregnant and had to get a test.  My first thought was amazement that such biologically debased specimens (clearly all suffering from an advanced case of jaundice) could actually breed, followed quickly by horror at the possibility that they could.

In other news, it has been announced that Anderson Cooper is, in fact, verifiably a clone.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »

Jersey Shore

Anderson Cooper should have just remained hosting The Mole forever.

Timon Re: Jersey Shore, it's okay. I was thinking about creating a thread titled, "What are your favorite TV shows that you are ashamed to admit you watch?"

Haha! My wife is the office manager at one of these fancy restaurants in ATL.  The real housewives of ATL go there all the time.  As you can probably imagine, they arent the most pleasant people to deal with.  Very rude and full of themselves!

— Chrysostom

BLOG
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »

I've been trying to catch hockey games. I also watched a couple episodes of the Ice Road Truckers spin off, Most Dangerous Roads. That stuff is scary.  Shocked
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2011, 01:08:26 PM »

I was thinking about creating a thread titled, "What are your favorite TV shows that you are ashamed to admit you watch?"

Sounds like a good idea Smiley

Sickening, to be honest. I mean, really... the houswives? Which one of the 37 cities was it from?
They had one from each city, except for Miami and Beverly Hills.

And to tell the truth, even though the tickets were a surprise, I was still kind of psyched to see them live. Later on, LuAnn from New York was right next to my sister's slot machine, doing a good job of evading screaming 20 something women.

Little did she know...

Timon, ATL, not surprised at all that your wife has had that experience! They are all pretty much the definition of tacky, but Jersey and ATL are the least classiest casts. Actually, they all are. Hm, to choose one.....

--
--
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2011, 04:26:42 PM »

Storm Chasers

britgirl
I'm a smarmy college student.

Faith: Inquirer
Jurisdiction: Antiochian?

إسمي عائشة وأنا طالبة في جامعة :)

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2011, 06:04:40 PM »

Game of Thrones, anyone?
As much as I hate to admit it...I watch Glee.

"Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." - Proverbs 16:3

"There never was a good war or a bad peace." --Ben Franklin

يا ربّ ارحم

It ain't me talking fast, it's just you listening slow.

International Relations: Middle East/Africa; Muslim Studies (B.A. 2014)
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2011, 06:25:14 PM »

Game of Thrones, anyone?

I saw most of Game of Thrones.  Not bad at all.  Waiting for the next Walking Dead to come out.  Will probably wait for more of Terra Nova to come out before getting into it.  Saw the first episode but I was playing a game as well so did not pick up all of it.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2011, 07:03:59 PM »

Been watching Lost Girl, Vampire Diaries, and Terra Nova. None of them too bad as far as "not having to think seriously" escapism goes. 

I did watch the pilot thing of Person(s)? of Interest. Not being overly keen on the two main actors, it will probably be the only time for me.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »

I've been watching me some Penguins hockey. No Crosby? No Malkin? No problem!  Grin

Large Marge sent me...
brandb

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2011, 12:55:44 AM »

Game of Thrones, anyone?

YES, Game of Thrones. I avoided it for a long time but now I'm hooked. XD
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2011, 01:17:18 AM »

^^I loved Game of Thrones - Can't wait for the next season.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2011, 09:23:15 AM »

I liked Game of Thrones too. Also, the Borgias. It was a lot like the Tudors except much better written and executed.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »

I liked Game of Thrones too. Also, the Borgias. It was a lot like the Tudors except much better written and executed.

Ugh.  I thought the Tudors was OK, but the character I liked the least was Henry.  I kinda wished he'd lost his head instead of More.  Though that Catholic assassin was pretty cool.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »

Ugh.  I thought the Tudors was OK, but the character I liked the least was Henry.  I kinda wished he'd lost his head instead of More.  Though that Catholic assassin was pretty cool.

The Catholic assassin made little sense to me. They hardly did anything with him- just seemed like one of many characters that went nowhere, like Thomas Tallis. A very poorly constructed show in my opinion. The show also managed to make sex boring, no mean feat.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2011, 11:00:39 AM »

The Catholic assassin made little sense to me. They hardly did anything with him- just seemed like one of many characters that went nowhere, like Thomas Tallis. A very poorly constructed show in my opinion. The show also managed to make sex boring, no mean feat.

I just thought his method of "assassinating" Anne was pretty interesting.

PrincessMommy
High Elder

OCA

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2011, 06:32:21 PM »

Been watching Lost Girl, Vampire Diaries, and Terra Nova. None of them too bad as far as "not having to think seriously" escapism goes. 

I did watch the pilot thing of Person(s)? of Interest. Not being overly keen on the two main actors, it will probably be the only time for me.

We watched two episodes of Person of Interest and found them to be silly and boring.  I really don't care about the main character's backstory and the writer's keep jumping back to that.  Yeah, another X-soldier with "issues".  yawn. 

We're watching Terra Nova with our 10 yr old.  While it's safe enough for family TV, I can't say it's very gripping.  Yes, mindless escapism is about it. 
brandb

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2011, 09:12:15 PM »

Loved the Tudors and the Borgias.
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2011, 11:59:16 PM »

Anyone else watch Jersey Shore tonight??? The meatballs just keep getting plastered drunk and The Situation just keeps causing problems in the house....

Lord, have mercy....

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »

The "Adventures of Merlin" show is awful.

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I knew it within five minutes. Why the heck are you watching if you know its twaddle, you silly person, you?  laugh
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:32:54 PM by Riddikulus » Logged

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2011, 09:48:49 PM »

I haven't watched a new series of anything in a gazillion years.
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »

Mad Men
Desperate Housewives, crazy about Eva Longoria.
Pan Am
The Playboy Club---which was dumpted after two episodes.
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Charlie's Angels, may stick with it, not sure yet.
Two and a Half Men, not what it was, still giving it a chance, may drop it.
Law and Order SVU
Law and Order
Law and Order Criminal Intent
Hawaii 5-0
Jeopardy

Reruns:
In the Heat of the Night
Matlock
Two and a Half Men

Lots of old stuff on TVLand, real pleased the 50th Anniversary of The Dick Van Dyke Show, brought it back for a while.
Bonanza
All in the Family
Everyone Loves Raymond

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:21:22 PM by Basil 320 » Logged

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I knew it within five minutes. Why the heck are you watching if you know its twaddle, you silly person, you?  laugh

The wife likes it  Sad

Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2011, 10:20:11 PM »

News and Information

Morning Joe
CBS Early Show
Jansing & Company
Tamron Hall (can't think of the name of the show)
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams
Meet the Press
The 5
The O'Riley Factor--not every  evening
Hannity--not every evening
The McLaughlin Group
Washington Week

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2011, 11:15:45 PM »

Waiting for the next Walking Dead to come out. 

I see the next season starts this Sunday, with a marathon of the first season leading up to it. I watched the first episode before and thought it was ok, but didn't get into it. But I've set the DVR to record the shows this Sunday... maybe I'll be able to get more into it if I can watch a bunch of episodes at once... *shrugs* Smiley

Large Marge sent me...
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2011, 01:10:18 AM »

Under reruns, how could I have forgotten Frasier and Cheers?

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2011, 10:27:34 AM »

Frasier and Cheers! Loved 'em (Although I have a deeply ingrained dislike for Woody Harrelson).

Was watching Reno 911 and Out of the Wild: Alaska last night...couldn't stop laughing at Reno 911. We hadn't watched anything after Season 4, and while Season 5 has some "Meh" moments, we have a few new favorite characters already. One we dub the "hypothetical guy" or the "felonious" guy. I was screeching last night while watching his scenes.

I don't like the Walking Dead never much.....TBH it is too gory for me. I know that sounds silly but I read enough about gore in real life to want to watch it in a horror/zombie movie. However, Mr. Ismi is excited about Season 2.

Basil, how do you like Pan Am? I heard a lot of bad reviews about it but I am very curious to watch it myself.

--
--
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »

I like Pan Am, so far, decent story lines--drama, and well done ambiance (can't think of a better term for the culture of the era), actors are appropriate for the settings.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »

So who is getting thrown off Survivor next week.

They blind sided Ozzy's girlfriend and now he seems P.Oed by the clips they showed. He's pretty arrogant.
I love the alpha male types who think everyone else is there just to help them win.

Coach is endearing this time around.

Predictions?

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: