Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 799396 times)

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Re: What TV shows are you watching?
« Reply #3060 on: February 06, 2020, 10:05:45 PM »
^^Nice review, thanks!!  I'll at least save it to my list.  Maybe I just need to be in the right mood.
I just finished the 3rd episode.  I like it.  But yes, definitely need to be in the right mood.  It's not as compelling as the games, though.  I only remember the basic gist, but to me, the characters were more memorable in the games than they are in the show.

I agree with you about the games being better. I wonder how many would say the same, or put either ahead of the books. I think I'm in small company in putting the books at the bottom of the list.
I haven't read much of the books.  If memory serves, I wasn't super impressed.  But I also tend to favor the first form of a story I run across, even if it's not the original.
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no idea, so there’s that.

Pray for me, a sinner.

Offline mcarmichael

• Archon
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #3061 on: February 07, 2020, 12:35:21 AM »
Binging "Killing Eve" now. It's better than "ER" imho.
I liked Season 1 of "Killing Eve" but not Season 2.  I thought towards the end of Season 2 Eve herself was not true to her character established in Season 1.
I binged both seasons at once, and to me the ending seemed redundant. It explained the title, but didn't inspire me.
Rubber ducky, you're the one.

I'm not really 43 years old.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #3062 on: February 07, 2020, 04:07:09 AM »
^^Nice review, thanks!!  I'll at least save it to my list.  Maybe I just need to be in the right mood.
I just finished the 3rd episode.  I like it.  But yes, definitely need to be in the right mood.  It's not as compelling as the games, though.  I only remember the basic gist, but to me, the characters were more memorable in the games than they are in the show.

I agree with you about the games being better. I wonder how many would say the same, or put either ahead of the books. I think I'm in small company in putting the books at the bottom of the list.
I haven't read much of the books.  If memory serves, I wasn't super impressed.  But I also tend to favor the first form of a story I run across, even if it's not the original.

Spousal unit is reading the books right now and he's chortling away. Not sure how much of the fun and bon mots are down to the author or to the translator, though.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ bookshelf ~ ugly writing ~ jukebox ~

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • Faith: agnostic
« Reply #3063 on: February 13, 2020, 01:05:17 AM »
Star Trek: Picard

I was cautiously optimistic beforehand, and so far (after 3 episodes) I've liked it.

Offline Tannhouser

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA Catechumen
« Reply #3064 on: February 13, 2020, 07:51:10 AM »
Started watching Sword Art Online season 3... I think? Get their episodic nomenclature confused. Good start I guess. I do enjoy the coherency, and characters (pro- & ant-) which are carried through even from season 1. Yeah the harem thing is ridiculous.

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #3065 on: February 18, 2020, 12:14:34 AM »
Virgin River.
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no idea, so there’s that.

Pray for me, a sinner.