Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 380529 times)

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
Re: What TV shows are you watching?
« Reply #2070 on: March 22, 2015, 07:58:59 PM »
Wealth-building knowledge
My system
Financially independent

I am going to tell you something. I want you to listen. In this system, you're not going to get rich. I want to tell you that up front. But you can make supplemental income. What is supplemental income? Supplemental income is income you make in addition to your regular income. And you know what else? I am a really bad writer, but that's okay, because you're likely so stupid you need me to write like this anyway! I assume you do not have a high level of intelligence. Otherwise you would not be letting me rip you off.
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2071 on: March 22, 2015, 08:14:51 PM »
What is, what?

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2072 on: March 22, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
To true to be good, so I will rite u a cheque butt not phill the amnt and i well sign it. U send me stuff. Ok.
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2073 on: March 22, 2015, 08:23:12 PM »
*put your hand under his thigh and make it official!*

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2074 on: March 22, 2015, 09:14:49 PM »
Ya know, that sounds like a Mafia pledge, "Swear by your.....? or I will remove them". Or am I as sick as that? Or jaded? Or are you?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:19:56 PM by LenInSebastopol »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2075 on: March 22, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »
It's biblical, baby! If you're going to make a deal, you might as well go old testament with it!

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2076 on: March 22, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »
Here, puppy, puppy, sick puppy.....now lay down and go to sleep, sick puppy, puppy.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:22:12 PM by LenInSebastopol »

Offline Pravoslavac

• BANNED for rules violations
  • High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church
« Reply #2077 on: March 22, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »
First US/UK TV shows:

I am following now: The big bang theory, Game of Thrones, Gotham, Vikings, Walking dead, Shameless.

I watched According to Jim, lol, That 70s show, i don't like Friends and Two and a half man.

And i have watched almost all Serbian TV shows: Truck Drivers, Hot Wind, Better Life, Happy People, Family's Treasure, Love Habit Panic, My Cousin from village, State Job etc...

"Bullets comrades! Not candies! Bullets will save us from the US imperialists!" - Comrade Kim Jong Il

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2078 on: March 22, 2015, 09:25:57 PM »
Here, puppy, puppy, sick puppy.....now lay down and go to sleep, sick puppy, puppy.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2079 on: March 22, 2015, 11:54:52 PM »
Noah's Ark, one of the finest, biblical movies, ever! Maybe?
True to form everyone is British, and in 20 minutes the've covered Puritan sex, but it's OK since it is between married couples, Scientism, economic theories, all by a bunch of country-bumpkins! The music has a banjo, drums and some MidEastern sounding thingy, so it must be authentic. Oh, and there are four sons, but one is going to die, I guess, since I am going to bed, I won't know.The 4th son is going to the Big City, so I guess the 'gay card' may soon be played.
Oh, and it's on TV, so there are commercials too.
Fantastico. But I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:55:23 PM by LenInSebastopol »

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2080 on: March 23, 2015, 08:23:24 PM »

Maybe. I need to see it. I am willing to give it some leeway since we need not think that the Bible tells us every detail. So the Emma Watson character--whomever she is supposed to be, for example. And other little things I have heard about. As long as it does not get to heretical. I'll give them a little heresy since this is the WASPish world, but not too much. I should just see it. How about that show "The Dovekeepers" coming out. It has Ziva from NCIS on it. It's going to be hard not thinking of Cote de Pablo as sexy. I mean, she plays some saint or something I think.  :-X
                                                             -Aristotle

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2081 on: March 23, 2015, 08:48:32 PM »
I have been quite happy with The Walking Dead so far this season. Random thoughts...  **spoilers warning**  Really I've been much happier with the show since the beginning of Season 4 (I wonder what the major shifts were... I know Gimple became showrunner, but I haven't looked at who was writing and directing since then and compared who was doing it before that). Though the last 7 episodes have been probably their longest run of decent (or better) episodes. A few episodes ago they did a thing where some walker blood splattered the camera, which I liked, but the last two weeks they've done it again and also did it with less restraint, which kind of sours it a bit for me. I guess they've added enough artsy nuances, they figured they need to keep the core fan base happy. I wonder if we'll get Morgan next week, or if they'll just tease him again and make us wait (at least) another 6 months. And... so much for the Ricktatorship starting back up; long live the Michonnocracy! For a few days anyway. Also, what's up with Rick getting a run for his money by Pete? I know Pete is like 4-6 inches taller, but he's a lanky, (comparatively) pampered, half-drunk, (former) white collar guy.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:48:46 PM by Justin Kissel »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2082 on: March 23, 2015, 08:50:58 PM »
Women's NCAA basketball and softball.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
  • Probiotic .. Antibiotic
  • Jurisdiction: Rocor
« Reply #2083 on: March 30, 2015, 11:27:33 AM »
Walking Dead ended well... "Me like woman..Me kill rival.. Me take Woman"

Carl got tall. 

They cant kill any of the really popular characters anymore.. I would be nervous if I was a 2nd stringer.. Minister... Sasha..Abraham etc.

Spin off series to begin in August.. Early days of the apocalypse set in LA. All new cast. Yada yada
Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #2084 on: March 30, 2015, 11:30:02 AM »
There are credible rumors that CBS is working on a new Star Trek series "Star Trek Federation"

It's set many years past the normal time period. The Federation is fat and happy. No threats anymore.. Ships are getting old and rusty.

Then a new threat comes along and they have to pull it together.

Sold

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2085 on: March 30, 2015, 12:41:51 PM »

Carl got tall. 

They cant kill any of the really popular characters anymore.. I would be nervous if I was a 2nd stringer.. Minister... Sasha..Abraham etc.

Just saw it this morning (Amazon video)...  *** Walking Dead finale SPOILERS*** Random and disconnected thoughts, as always...   I wasn't a big fan of the cutting between different stories/characters so rapidly, at least at times, but I will admit that it helped create the tension they were going for, more often than not; and I was glad at the end when everything came together.   Speaking of, except for the walker having super-zombie strength and pinning Rick to the ground, that stuff in Alexandria at the end was great.  As soon as Reg walked in front of DrunkDoc I knew he was toast, but even still, what happened to him made me (literally) say "oh ****"... something the deaths of Tyrese, Noah, d-bagROTC, etc. hadn't. Awesome death and facial expressions (and hand clutching) from that guy, as life slowly drained out if him. Set the villains up for next season with those W guys, which is nice.

Daryl's triple kill with the chain was nice. I really liked Daryl overall in this episode. I thought they just might, maybe, possibly tease the "Daryl is gay" thing when they were trapped in the car, but guess not. I wonder how Jessie will respond to rick killing her husband. I also wonder how much guilt Carol should have for Reg's death, as she clearly got Pete riled up; it was kinda awesome seeing her have arrogant-level confidence and be gloating about it as she looked 10-12" up at Pete and dressed him down; this is a long way from Ed. Really looking forward to seeing the interactions next season between "all life is precious" Morgan and Shoot-em-up Rick (the positions being reversed since the last time they met, when Morgan was in full isolationist-survivalist mode, and Rick was willing to risk his life to get Morgan away from the edge of crazy). I guess the show has their new guy to fill the Dale/Bob/Hershel 'moral compass/right thing' role.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:48:33 PM by Justin Kissel »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2086 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:35 PM »
There are credible rumors that CBS is working on a new Star Trek series "Star Trek Federation" It's set many years past the normal time period. The Federation is fat and happy. No threats anymore.. Ships are getting old and rusty. Then a new threat comes along and they have to pull it together. Sold

Awesome  :)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2087 on: March 30, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »
Really enjoyed the college hockey the past few days.

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #2088 on: March 30, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »
There are credible rumors that CBS is working on a new Star Trek series "Star Trek Federation" It's set many years past the normal time period. The Federation is fat and happy. No threats anymore.. Ships are getting old and rusty. Then a new threat comes along and they have to pull it together. Sold

Awesome  :)

Sounds like "Star Trek" goes "Star Wars". :)
Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2089 on: March 30, 2015, 01:04:22 PM »

Maybe. I need to see it. I am willing to give it some leeway since we need not think that the Bible tells us every detail. So the Emma Watson character--whomever she is supposed to be, for example. And other little things I have heard about. As long as it does not get to heretical. I'll give them a little heresy since this is the WASPish world, but not too much. I should just see it. How about that show "The Dovekeepers" coming out. It has Ziva from NCIS on it. It's going to be hard not thinking of Cote de Pablo as sexy. I mean, she plays some saint or something I think.  :-X

Ok, A moment of truth, DO NOT SEE Noah's Ark unless you have Kaopectate and an empty bucket next to your chair. Your current status  of missing this terrible flick is like a headache you never had.
Scientologists should be the only ones viewing it.
There is a message in the above!

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #2090 on: March 30, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »

Carl got tall. 

Just saw it this morning (Amazon video)...  *** Walking Dead finale SPOILERS*** Random and disconnected thoughts, as always...   I wasn't a big fan of the cutting between different stories/characters so rapidly, at least at times, but I will admit that it helped create the tension they were going for, more often than not; and I was glad at the end when everything came together.   Speaking of, except for the walker having super-zombie strength and pinning Rick to the ground, that stuff in Alexandria at the end was great.  As soon as Reg walked in front of DrunkDoc I knew he was toast, but even still, what happened to him made me (literally) say "oh ****"... something the deaths of Tyrese, Noah, d-bagROTC, etc. hadn't. Awesome death and facial expressions (and hand clutching) from that guy, as life slowly drained out if him. Set the villains up for next season with those W guys, which is nice.

Daryl's triple kill with the chain was nice. I really liked Daryl overall in this episode. I thought they just might, maybe, possibly tease the "Daryl is gay" thing when they were trapped in the car, but guess not. I wonder how Jessie will respond to rick killing her husband. I also wonder how much guilt Carol should have for Reg's death, as she clearly got Pete riled up; it was kinda awesome seeing her have arrogant-level confidence and be gloating about it as she looked 10-12" up at Pete and dressed him down; this is a long way from Ed. Really looking forward to seeing the interactions next season between "all life is precious" Morgan and Shoot-em-up Rick (the positions being reversed since the last time they met, when Morgan was in full isolationist-survivalist mode, and Rick was willing to risk his life to get Morgan away from the edge of crazy). I guess the show has their new guy to fill the Dale/Bob/Hershel 'moral compass/right thing' role.

No no no no.  NO NO. No.  Don't say that.  The only thing in Walking Dead (aka Black Man Highlander) with a shorter shelf life than the aforementioned black men are moral compasses.  Reg- great guy.  Dead.  I rest my case.  An African-American moral compass has the shelf-life of homemade mayo.  Once that pansy fake-minister goes down the Black Man Highlander gods will be appeased and there will be the cosmic balance that comes from only having one black man on your show, and Morgan can just breeze on until the end.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #2091 on: March 30, 2015, 02:37:34 PM »

Carl got tall. 

No no no no.  NO NO. No.  Don't say that.  The only thing in Walking Dead (aka Black Man Highlander) with a shorter shelf life than the aforementioned black men are moral compasses.  Reg- great guy.  Dead.  I rest my case.  An African-American moral compass has the shelf-life of homemade mayo.  Once that pansy fake-minister goes down the Black Man Highlander gods will be appeased and there will be the cosmic balance that comes from only having one black man on your show, and Morgan can just breeze on until the end.

Well...The last major character to get killed was Beth who was a blond haired white girl.

Morgan is David Carridean from Kung Fu... Straight up rip off.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #2092 on: March 30, 2015, 03:04:20 PM »

Carl got tall. 

Well...The last major character to get killed was Beth who was a blond haired white girl.

Morgan is David Carridean from Kung Fu... Straight up rip off.

Tyrese was kind of major.  He was more major in the comic books and kind of dead weight in the show, but still.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2093 on: March 30, 2015, 03:50:32 PM »
Looking forward to the start of baseball in a few days.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2094 on: March 30, 2015, 03:58:50 PM »
... and Morgan can just breeze on until the end.

From your lips fingers to the the producer's ears eyes!

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #2095 on: March 30, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
... and Morgan can just breeze on until the end.

From your lips fingers to the the producer's ears eyes!

Will you stop trying to jinx that poor man!

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2096 on: March 31, 2015, 10:10:56 AM »
Pimento. The caviar of the South.

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #2097 on: March 31, 2015, 10:13:02 AM »

Trouble sleeping?

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2098 on: April 01, 2015, 02:28:35 AM »

Trouble sleeping?

I prefer infomercials......
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2099 on: April 01, 2015, 07:30:08 AM »
"Inspector Gadget."

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2100 on: April 01, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »
"Inspector Gadget."

Awesome. Columbo....and just one more thing  :P.....Vikings. The most recent two episodes were good. The Christian priest character (Athelstan) was killed off, being martyred by the crazy pagan character (Folki).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW6U802Ibms

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:32:50 PM by wainscottbl »
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #2101 on: April 07, 2015, 06:06:32 AM »
CBeebies has made a tradition of putting on a ballet every Easter, mirroring the time-honoured Christmas pantomimes. 'The Elves and the Shoemaker' was shown yesterday, and today they are repeating The Ugly Duckling, their first and most charming such venture. :)
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2102 on: April 07, 2015, 10:33:05 AM »
Baseball and weather.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2103 on: April 07, 2015, 06:47:39 PM »
Better Call Saul  *** spoilers ***   ... the thing about the finale that I wasn't really into was that it concentrated so much on the whole con/slippin Jimmy thing, and I thought the Marco thing was very sad, but in a kind of pathetic way (a week of great cons was the best week of his life), so that, even though we know where McGill will end up years down the road, for now it sort of had me looking away from the con thing. So when Jimmy actually seems to choose the unrighteous path at the end, there's a disconnect for me. Didn't he go back to Albuquerque because he had his clients and he seems to have this this feeling that he has a resposibility to them? But then he seems to give up the whole responsible side of things at the end, like he is going to be doing the con game, but as a lawyer (where, admittedly, we know he ends up).

I understand that he was broken by the actions of Chuck, and it devastated Jimmy to realise that his brother would always consider him a loser, or at least as someone who could never be trusted to do important and highly-respected work (though Chuck thought him trustworthy enough to count on him to bring him every day his needed and luxury items). Still, with the whole Marco story, being so sad in the manner that it was (is that what you're ok with your life amounting to? do you not want to strive for something more?), I would have thought that Jimmy would've tried to avoid being a cheating, scheming, amounts-to-little con man, at least a little while longer.

Put another way: what changed or happened in between the time he decided to return to ABQ, and when he made his decision and left the parking lot at the end, that seemed to make him do a 180? The only major things I can think of was the final scene with Marco, and the probable job offer, and it seems to me like both of those should have pointed him away from his final decision...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:51:05 PM by Justin Kissel »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2104 on: April 07, 2015, 07:13:03 PM »
News updates.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2105 on: April 08, 2015, 12:37:26 AM »

Geee, that was great.
Better Call Saul  *** spoilers ***   ... the thing about the finale that I wasn't really into was that it concentrated so much on the whole con/slippin Jimmy thing, and I thought the Marco thing was very sad, but in a kind of pathetic way (a week of great cons was the best week of his life), so that, even though we know where McGill will end up years down the road, for now it sort of had me looking away from the con thing. So when Jimmy actually seems to choose the unrighteous path at the end, there's a disconnect for me. Didn't he go back to Albuquerque because he had his clients and he seems to have this this feeling that he has a resposibility to them? But then he seems to give up the whole responsible side of things at the end, like he is going to be doing the con game, but as a lawyer (where, admittedly, we know he ends up).

I understand that he was broken by the actions of Chuck, and it devastated Jimmy to realise that his brother would always consider him a loser, or at least as someone who could never be trusted to do important and highly-respected work (though Chuck thought him trustworthy enough to count on him to bring him every day his needed and luxury items). Still, with the whole Marco story, being so sad in the manner that it was (is that what you're ok with your life amounting to? do you not want to strive for something more?), I would have thought that Jimmy would've tried to avoid being a cheating, scheming, amounts-to-little con man, at least a little while longer.

Put another way: what changed or happened in between the time he decided to return to ABQ, and when he made his decision and left the parking lot at the end, that seemed to make him do a 180? The only major things I can think of was the final scene with Marco, and the probable job offer, and it seems to me like both of those should have pointed him away from his final decision...

Yes, I loved it, too. Very well written. It gives Saul/Jimmy more depth and humanity. In "Breaking Bad" he was a nice guy, unlike Walter became, but you stereotypical, ambulance chasing lawyer. Here we see what led him down the path of vice. He is a great lawyer, and his brother is too proud to see it. He fails to see that Jimmy has something he does not--the ability to talk fast and relate to people. Juries are made of everyday people. Jimmy can talk to them better than some lawyer with a clever, scientific oration. But it will be interesting.

I also like Mike. I liked when he shot the two scumbags who murdered his honest son. I know it was morally wrong to take justice into his hands objectively speaking, but we are talking about drama here. Mike is like the honest thief if you will. He has a code of honor, like Vito Corleone.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2106 on: April 08, 2015, 12:39:20 AM »
Accu-Weather. It's really weird. Everything's orange.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2107 on: April 08, 2015, 04:12:31 AM »
Accu-Weather. It's really weird. Everything's orange.

The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning.....

I love those words. Just love storms.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2108 on: April 08, 2015, 04:28:38 AM »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2109 on: April 08, 2015, 05:42:51 AM »
The Flash is on the last two episodes of the first season and it's going to feature another crossover with The (Green, dangit!) Arrow/Atom as well as the return of Firestorm and hopefully an actual fight with Grodd.

My tank is squee.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2110 on: April 08, 2015, 09:41:48 PM »
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline Eruvande

• High Elder
  • Faith: Anglican
  • Jurisdiction: Worcestershire
« Reply #2111 on: April 09, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
BBC version of Narnia right now. Shockingly dated in many ways, but still with a real charm the big budget versions didn't quite manage.
Clumsily walking a narrow path and getting most of it wrong, but I'm still walking...

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #2112 on: April 09, 2015, 03:09:02 PM »
BBC version of Narnia right now. Shockingly dated in many ways, but still with a real charm the big budget versions didn't quite manage.

Plus, the White Witch wipes the floor with Tilda Swinton's version.

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2113 on: April 09, 2015, 03:14:07 PM »
The Flash, Arrow, The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt,  New Girl, The Mindy Project.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:14:27 PM by Papist »
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #2114 on: April 09, 2015, 03:29:39 PM »
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.