Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 364132 times)

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
Re: What TV shows are you watching?
« Reply #1980 on: March 03, 2015, 06:47:07 AM »
"Murder, She Wrote." Season one, episode two.

We had one TV in our house growing up, and my mom had total control of it. Her favorite shows were:

Carol Burnett
Murder She Wrote
Designing Women
The Golden Girls

Carol Burnett was tolerable. The others were enough to drive one to misogyny. Uggghhh... :P

Selam

Sorry bro. Was recently mocking the latter two. Sounds awful.
January 23, 2016, 03:47:17 PM   Ad Hominem - "mere foil"   +45

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #1981 on: March 03, 2015, 06:50:14 AM »
Cat is disturbingly attractive. She's going to be a beautiful woman in 3 or 4 years. I feel a bit bad about finding her attractive, but in most European countries 15 is the age of consent. I do not have a thing for young girls. 16 or 17 is when they usually start getting nice looking,which is the age of consent in most states. I mean I am not REALLY attracted to her. There was just something that said she's good looking. Weird? There was an argument about this on YouTube. Some European was saying all the Americans are stupid and obsess on the issue because they watch too much SVU. Like I said, the youngest I usually like is 16 or 17. Like take Chloe Mortez, who played in the new Carrie. In that  she like 14, but now she's getting hot. I watched Carrie  after I first saw her on IMDB and the artist said, "That is a great face. So well proportioned. So beautiful." She was kind of young still on Carrie, but now she's bloomed. A lot  of this is cultural though. The Theotokos was 14 and St. Joseph much older. I do not think we'd call him a creeper. Hopefully I do not come off that way. I just thought Cat came off attractive.

You might want to consider protesting a little less.
January 23, 2016, 03:47:17 PM   Ad Hominem - "mere foil"   +45

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

Offline Tom

• Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #1982 on: March 03, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
¡Despierta America!

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #1983 on: March 03, 2015, 11:07:49 AM »
No one has mentioned the new season of House of Cards yet?
Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #1984 on: March 03, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
¡Despierta America!

Latine loqueris, inepte. Nos autem non sumus perditorum. Nos iustus et uti Google translate cognoscunt. Quidquid latine altum viditur. Quae in pictura est ut canis in udo turpia diem.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:05:58 PM by wainscottbl »
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #1985 on: March 03, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »
Et en français tous les sons romantique, vous poubelle mexicaine. Cette fille, elle est comme un singe dans la forêt qui a été mutilé par un tigre. Je aime la fille laide nommée Chloe Moretz
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:09:18 PM by wainscottbl »
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
« Reply #1986 on: March 03, 2015, 03:13:13 PM »
Did I just wander into the foreign languages subforum?
God bless!

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #1987 on: March 03, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »
si amigo

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #1988 on: March 03, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »
oh um me no habla espanol   :P

Offline Yurysprudentsiya

• Private Fora
  • Archon
  • God, the Great, the Only, Keep for Us Our Ukraine!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA, with a love for the UOC-USA
« Reply #1989 on: March 03, 2015, 03:18:31 PM »
Wainscott and Justin Kissel,

Please post a translation within 24 hours.  This is an official request.

Yurysprudentsiya

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #1990 on: March 03, 2015, 03:24:55 PM »

Yurysprudentsiya

Sorry. I forgot about that rule.

1. Latin: Speak Latin, you fool. We are not desperate. We just know, how to use of Google translate. Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound. What is in the picture is that of a dog, on a wet day.

2.. French: Everything sounds romantic, you Mexican garbage. This girl, she's like a monkey in the forest that was mutilated by a tiger. I love the ugly girl named Chloe Moretz

Moderator: I hope the use of Mexican garbage is not against the rules. It was not meant in a racist way, but in a playing way to sound like a snobby Frenchman

Oh,and Google translate is not that great it seems! But it was fun.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:25:39 PM by wainscottbl »
                                                             -Aristotle

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #1991 on: March 03, 2015, 03:27:58 PM »
Oh,and Google translate is not that great it seems!

That's okay, it didn't make any sense in English either.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Peacemaker

• No Profile Edits
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #1992 on: March 03, 2015, 03:50:44 PM »
Oh,and Google translate is not that great it seems!

That's okay, it didn't make any sense in English either.

HAHAHAHA!!!

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #1993 on: March 03, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »
Everything We say makes sense. Ye are just to dull to understand.  ;)
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #1994 on: March 03, 2015, 05:06:56 PM »
¡Despierta America!

Latine loqueris, inepte. Nos autem non sumus perditorum. Nos iustus et uti Google translate cognoscunt. Quidquid latine altum viditur. Quae in pictura est ut canis in udo turpia diem.

Almost.

Loquere Latinam linguam, stulte. Desperati non sumus, sed scimus in quo modo Google Translate usus est. Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur. Canis humidus in hoc imagine est.

It still doesn't make much sense.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:09:48 PM by Cyrillic »

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #1995 on: March 03, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »
A translation of my broken/incorrect Spanish:

si amigo

Yes, (my) friend

oh um me no habla espanol   :P

[oh um] [I do not] speak Spanish

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #1996 on: March 03, 2015, 06:49:01 PM »
The Black List, except I need to watch 2 episodes and just keep putting it off like this book on my endtable.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #1997 on: March 04, 2015, 11:45:01 AM »
Cat is disturbingly attractive. She's going to be a beautiful woman in 3 or 4 years. I feel a bit bad about finding her attractive, but in most European countries 15 is the age of consent. I do not have a thing for young girls. 16 or 17 is when they usually start getting nice looking,which is the age of consent in most states. I mean I am not REALLY attracted to her. There was just something that said she's good looking. Weird? There was an argument about this on YouTube. Some European was saying all the Americans are stupid and obsess on the issue because they watch too much SVU. Like I said, the youngest I usually like is 16 or 17. Like take Chloe Mortez, who played in the new Carrie. In that  she like 14, but now she's getting hot. I watched Carrie  after I first saw her on IMDB and the artist said, "That is a great face. So well proportioned. So beautiful." She was kind of young still on Carrie, but now she's bloomed. A lot  of this is cultural though. The Theotokos was 14 and St. Joseph much older. I do not think we'd call him a creeper. Hopefully I do not come off that way. I just thought Cat came off attractive.

Yes my heart melts also when I see Camren Bicondova

Especially disturbing from a monk-wannabe.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1998 on: March 04, 2015, 01:10:23 PM »

You might be right, as I expect my monks not be human-like, not be able to recognize beauty, nor say anything the could be true nor know what is good.
Or
You might be the disturbed one.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 01:15:52 PM by LenInSebastopol »
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #1999 on: March 04, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »
I am expecting my monks not to express their pedophilic fantasies in public. Is that too much?
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline That person

• OC.net guru
  • Long live Commie Superman
  • Faith: I dunno, Lutheran???
  • Jurisdiction: People's Republic of Memphis
« Reply #2000 on: March 04, 2015, 06:19:49 PM »
If the people making 'Better Call Saul' were trying to emulate the tone/vibe/evocation of 'Breaking Bad,' leaving me often in a somber mood after it ends... then they are succeeding.
It's pretty great so far though. Structure is more serial than Breaking Bad's, and the world it's building is a touch more absurd, but in a really fitting and entertaining way.  I dig it a lot so far.
"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Offline Peacemaker

• No Profile Edits
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2001 on: March 04, 2015, 09:02:37 PM »

Mike, seriously...

There is a difference in thinking someone is pretty or good looking and being attracted to them in a sexual way.

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #2002 on: March 05, 2015, 09:13:12 AM »
If the people making 'Better Call Saul' were trying to emulate the tone/vibe/evocation of 'Breaking Bad,' leaving me often in a somber mood after it ends... then they are succeeding.
It's pretty great so far though. Structure is more serial than Breaking Bad's, and the world it's building is a touch more absurd, but in a really fitting and entertaining way.  I dig it a lot so far.

I very much agree, however down I might feel right afterwards  :angel:

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #2003 on: March 06, 2015, 03:12:03 PM »

Mike, seriously...

There is a difference in thinking someone is pretty or good looking and being attracted to them in a sexual way.

You did reply to wainscott and his posting is creepy.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #2004 on: March 07, 2015, 10:53:47 AM »
This season of survivor is fantastic so far, much much better than san juan del sur

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #2005 on: March 07, 2015, 10:55:40 PM »
I've been watching Prime Minister's Questions on BBC recently. It's the best show on TV I've ever watched. Never have I imagine that British politics would be so entertaining, particularly thanks to David Cameron insulting Ed Miliband and vice versa. *

*To the Mods: I hope this doesn't violate forum rules since this is political in nature. If it does, feel free to remove this.
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #2006 on: March 08, 2015, 12:36:20 AM »

Yurysprudentsiya

Sorry. I forgot about that rule.

1. Latin: Speak Latin, you fool. We are not desperate. We just know, how to use of Google translate. Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound. What is in the picture is that of a dog, on a wet day.

2.. French: Everything sounds romantic, you Mexican garbage. This girl, she's like a monkey in the forest that was mutilated by a tiger. I love the ugly girl named Chloe Moretz

Moderator: I hope the use of Mexican garbage is not against the rules. It was not meant in a racist way, but in a playing way to sound like a snobby Frenchman

Oh,and Google translate is not that great it seems! But it was fun.

Your Latin (or Google Translate's Latin) needs a lot of work.  Your "translation" does not come close to what you wanted to say.
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #2007 on: March 08, 2015, 12:37:36 AM »
Been rewatching select episodes from the third, fourth and fifth seasons of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2008 on: March 08, 2015, 09:24:06 AM »
Anyone watch "The Nightshift"? Also the usual. "Scandal". "Psycho" comes back on Monday. And "The First 48" too I think.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #2009 on: March 08, 2015, 09:31:03 AM »
Anyone watch "The Nightshift"? Also the usual. "Scandal". "Psycho" comes back on Monday. And "The First 48" too I think.

The First 48 is a good show. Depressing, but very good.

I wouldn't watch anything with that militant pro-abortion hamstress Kerri Washington in it. I don't know which is worse, her politics or her acting.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2010 on: March 08, 2015, 09:32:07 AM »
I am expecting my monks not to express their pedophilic fantasies in public. Is that too much?

Beauty is beauty, no matter what the age. He found her attractive because she is and since she puts herself out there, comments are allowed. There's a difference in admiring beauty and lust.

What we don't want is to have folks or anyone else to "express" their sex outside of marriage; nor pedophilia in private as well.

Besides,  monks can find beauty just about anywhere it seems, but since we can all find beauty in someone like that person, no biggie.
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2011 on: March 08, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »

Beauty is beauty, no matter what the age. He found her attractive because she is and since she puts herself out there, comments are allowed. There's a difference in admiring beauty and lust.

What we don't want is to have folks or anyone else to "express" their sex outside of marriage; nor pedophilia in private as well.

Besides,  monks can find beauty just about anywhere it seems, but since we can all find beauty in someone like that person, no biggie.

I did not say I want to have sex with her. In three years, maybe--meaning she is pretty now, and will be a beautiful woman. Pretty girls generally become beautiful women. She is attractive. There is no romantic attraction. It was not in the same way I find my sister pretty, but it as not in the same way I find a 25 year old girl pretty either. And I am not a monk by the way. If you see me in my avatar, that should be clear.  So thank you, Len.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
  • Probiotic .. Antibiotic
  • Jurisdiction: Rocor
« Reply #2012 on: March 08, 2015, 03:42:48 PM »
Schitts Creek.

Yes, that is really the name... Pretty funny so far.
Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #2013 on: March 08, 2015, 03:44:21 PM »
Made even more humorous for me since around here we often say 'crick' rather than 'creek'  :police:

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #2014 on: March 08, 2015, 08:33:23 PM »

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #2015 on: March 08, 2015, 09:07:38 PM »
Schitts Creek.

Yes, that is really the name... Pretty funny so far.
I couldn't tell if the humour was intentional or unintentional. I watched a couple of episodes then gave up.

A much better offering from CBC is X Company. The extras on the website do enhance the watching experience. I'm looking forward to future episodes.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2016 on: March 09, 2015, 02:23:07 AM »
Secrets and Lies

Watched the first episode. I thought it premiered tonight, but I was three weeks late. Watched it on ABC.com Not bad so far. The detective is a real you know what. But this sort of thing happens--focusing on one suspect to the point of injustice. Can you imagine being suspected of child murder or such a crime? Even if you are innocent, your life is ruined forever. Good grounds for a lawsuit. Millions. But you have to move and everything. That's why you get millions. You lose money, job even, your good name is ruined. I'd suck every penny out of the police. And make sure the cop lost her job. I mean it's one thing to be wrongly suspected of adult murder. But no one excuses a child murderer. I could go in your house and cut your throat in your bed. Crazy. But only crazy. People would just say, "He's crazy. Poor guy." Kill a child, well, no pity....and there should not be. Just scary to think about the whole thing. Ever heard of the Memphis Three? That's what can really happen....
                                                             -Aristotle

Online Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #2017 on: March 09, 2015, 12:15:18 PM »

Clearly it's the little blonde-haired devil child's fault.  Look at that smile as he fiddles with the remote control. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #2018 on: March 09, 2015, 12:20:24 PM »
Good call on the parents covering the children's eyes. The husband looks as if he is seeing something fascinating for the very first time and the wife seems very intrigued.
God bless!

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2019 on: March 09, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »
I think it's the same father, but in one of them he's with his mistress and his little bastard children.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #2020 on: March 09, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »
I think it's the same father, but in one of them he's with his mistress and his little bastard children.
Your fixation on bastards troubles me.
God bless!

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2021 on: March 09, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »
Your fixation on bastards troubles me.

I suppose my fixation should. But what would this place be with out my eccentricities? You know you like me deep down.... :D Pax tecum
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:44:37 PM by wainscottbl »
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline Peacemaker

• No Profile Edits
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2022 on: March 09, 2015, 07:08:28 PM »
Currently hooked on a few shows.

The Amazing Race
TopGear
Gotham
The Walking Dead (not really hooked on this one. I just have watched it from the start so I keep watching it.)
Impractical Jokers
The Big Bang Theory

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #2023 on: March 09, 2015, 07:19:37 PM »
I've been told that by someone I remind them of Sheldon. I suppose that's some sort of compliment. I mean Sheldon is pretty cool....the guy was a good natured guy. A white Mexican like JamesR. His girlfriend looked like Venus in the Rubens painting. I think it is the Rubens painting. In any case I reminded him of Shelden, and his girlfriend reminded me of Venus, which shows indeed what a dork I am.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:20:05 PM by wainscottbl »
                                                             -Aristotle

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #2024 on: March 09, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »
That Walking Dead scene (yesterday) with Carol and the young boy... ugh :-\ As someone who has been threatened in a similar way at a young age (well, excluding the zombies... and dying... and...; well moving on...) that kinda sucked to watch.

Anyway, so I'm thinking that the pretty blonde is going to lose her husband to some kind of freak accident or something, preventing Rick from needing to go back to crazy-town and murder him outright (though perhaps Rick will make a decision that unintentionally, or only semi-intentionally, leads to the doc dying).