Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 363787 times)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
Re: What TV shows are you watching?
« Reply #1890 on: January 24, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »
"Chopper Rescue" is a reality show about the search and rescue teams in Wales. It's on Hulu.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Tommelomsky

• High Elder
« Reply #1891 on: January 24, 2015, 10:18:41 PM »
The 100 and The Big Bang Theory.
I know, how that looks...well.
I will not be posting or participating here anymore.
They claim this is an Orthodox Christian forum.
Well, it is not!

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #1892 on: January 25, 2015, 12:49:34 AM »
Watching Regular Show. I like the show's surrealism. Sadly it seems to be losing it in its sixth season  :(

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:49:53 AM by sakura95 »
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #1893 on: January 25, 2015, 07:35:03 AM »
I used to like the CW's Supernatural up until Season 4.

The problem is that the show began to become too focused on the whole Angels and Demons thing at the expense of pure, classic hunts where a new mythological creature was introduced for every episode. And that's not to mention that the show began to adopt more continuity between its episodes. I believe that the show worked better under its earlier platform where apart from the single abstract goal of someday finding the thing that killed their mom, there was little to no continuity between episodes and each episode acted as its own chronicle that was resolved within one episode. This short story-like format goes better with the show's American-roadtrip-from-Hell platform.

Another problem I had is that they brought back the Colt after using up its original bullets. Ruby shouldn't have taught them how to make new bullets. It detracts from the weapon's awesomeness and mystique. It should have been a one-time weapon where, after its original ammunition is depleted, there is no using it ever again.

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
  • Probiotic .. Antibiotic
  • Jurisdiction: Rocor
« Reply #1894 on: January 25, 2015, 04:26:54 PM »
Oh man, Marc. You can't possibly be as bad as I thought you were because we apparently have the same taste in TV shows. I love Orange is the New Black. It is one of those rare shows that I enjoy for entertainment value, but it also really made me think about what people have to deal with in prison and the opportunities that I have been given in life that others don't have.

OITNB is quite a fantastic show, and I can wait for season three

perhaps i should rewatch

Three best dramatic shows : Orange is the New Black, The Americans, Walking Dead.. Not in that order.
Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #1895 on: January 25, 2015, 06:33:09 PM »
Gosh I hate "Everybody Loves Raymond" so much. That whole family is one big, dysfunctional group of unlikable characters with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Raymond is a spineless, whiny man child who lets his over intrusive, domineering mother constantly interfere in his family's life, Debra is the most unpleasant, naggiest, and angriest TV housewife there's ever been (second only to Kim from Yes Dear), Robert is a loser and all-around weirdo who still lives with his parents at the age of 40 and has a perpetual grudge against the world since he failed at life, and Marie...Well...I don't even know how to start with her. She's the worst, most over-intrusive, passive-aggressive, domineering mother-in-law from Hell who deserves to die in a big hole. The only remotely average person on that show is Frank, and he's like 90 years old.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #1896 on: January 25, 2015, 06:49:42 PM »
Oh man, Marc. You can't possibly be as bad as I thought you were because we apparently have the same taste in TV shows. I love Orange is the New Black. It is one of those rare shows that I enjoy for entertainment value, but it also really made me think about what people have to deal with in prison and the opportunities that I have been given in life that others don't have.

perhaps i should rewatch

Three best dramatic shows : Orange is the New Black, The Americans, Walking Dead.. Not in that order.
I've never seen The Americans, but I do agree on the other two.
God bless!

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #1897 on: January 25, 2015, 06:52:23 PM »

perhaps i should rewatch

I dont like Walking Dead, well refuse to watch it because, zombies

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1898 on: January 25, 2015, 06:56:50 PM »

perhaps i should rewatch

I dont like Walking Dead, well refuse to watch it because, zombies
That is what I thought originally and one of my friends really pushed me to watch it. After watching the first couple episodes, I got extremely addicted. I've always despised horror genre stuff, but TWD is more an exploration of how humans interact with each other in stressful situations as opposed to just a story about zombies. They are more of the backdrop than anything else. I think the show could have been done with any sort of massive natural calamity as a backdrop, but zombies do add a certain degree of suspense which you wouldn't get from a hurricane or flood or similar.
God bless!

Online Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #1899 on: January 25, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »
...a spineless, whiny man child who lets his over intrusive, domineering mother constantly interfere in his family's life...
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1900 on: January 25, 2015, 07:47:55 PM »
"The Tudors," episode 2, season 1, 'Simply Henry.'

Offline Peacemaker

• No Profile Edits
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #1901 on: January 25, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »
I've been hooked on Gotham recently, but that's mostly because of Camren Bicondova who plays a young cat woman (I know she's under age, but she's still good looking)  :laugh: :angel:

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1902 on: January 25, 2015, 09:44:06 PM »
"George Gently," season 1, episode 2.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1903 on: January 25, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »
Gosh I hate "Everybody Loves Raymond" so much. That whole family is one big, dysfunctional group of unlikable characters with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Raymond is a spineless, whiny man child who lets his over intrusive, domineering mother constantly interfere in his family's life, Debra is the most unpleasant, naggiest, and angriest TV housewife there's ever been (second only to Kim from Yes Dear), Robert is a loser and all-around weirdo who still lives with his parents at the age of 40 and has a perpetual grudge against the world since he failed at life, and Marie...Well...I don't even know how to start with her. She's the worst, most over-intrusive, passive-aggressive, domineering mother-in-law from Hell who deserves to die in a big hole. The only remotely average person on that show is Frank, and he's like 90 years old.
My humble recommendation would be to switch the channel. Or turn off the TV. No need to let the hate fester.
God bless!

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1904 on: January 26, 2015, 10:37:46 AM »
...a spineless, whiny man child who lets his over intrusive, domineering mother constantly interfere in his family's life...

I'm dying.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1905 on: January 26, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »
"Grantchester," episode 2.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #1906 on: January 27, 2015, 05:06:28 AM »

There are worse shows, but yeah, I'm with you. I never found the show particular funny. All the characters are just obnoxious.

(BTW, please ignore Mor Ephrem's disgusting cheap shot. It takes a small man to ridicule the honesty and openness of somebody's personal struggles.)

Selam
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:08:31 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus »
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #1907 on: January 27, 2015, 06:06:58 AM »
Life's too short to watch shows you don't enjoy. ::)

I can hardly wait for the new Operation Ouch! to kick off tonight. We've gone too long without the Van Tullekens.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #1908 on: January 27, 2015, 06:46:10 AM »
I may have posted this before, but I like Treehouse Masters. That dude builds some amazing edifices, and he brings so much joy to people. His enthusiasm is infectious. I really enjoy the show.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1909 on: January 27, 2015, 09:39:28 AM »
I may have posted this before, but I like Treehouse Masters. That dude builds some amazing edifices, and he brings so much joy to people. His enthusiasm is infectious. I really enjoy the show.
Selam

THOSE are "reality TV", like This Old House, Wood Shop, Garden with ****, and the rest of those type shows!
The Housewives of ***** , The Bachelor, Pawnshop, and the rest are a waste of....IMNSHO.
I have to wonder how could the camera NOT effect anything. Like Schrödinger's cat!
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1910 on: January 27, 2015, 11:27:36 AM »
"The Americans" season premiere is Wednesday night.

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #1911 on: January 27, 2015, 11:37:26 AM »
I've been hooked on Gotham recently, but that's mostly because of Camren Bicondova who plays a young cat woman (I know she's under age, but she's still good looking)  :laugh: :angel:

Another one pedo...
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1912 on: January 27, 2015, 11:53:29 AM »
"Secrets of Henry VIII's Palace."

Online Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #1913 on: January 27, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »
(BTW, please ignore Mor Ephrem's disgusting cheap shot. It takes a small man to ridicule the honesty and openness of somebody's personal struggles.)

I quoted James' words without comment.  But what did you just do? 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #1914 on: January 27, 2015, 01:04:52 PM »
Can't wait for survivor worlds apart to premier

Offline Peacemaker

• No Profile Edits
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #1915 on: January 27, 2015, 01:34:47 PM »

I still remember watch the very first Survivor on tv..... how many have there been now?

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #1916 on: January 27, 2015, 03:31:17 PM »

I still remember watch the very first Survivor on tv..... how many have there been now?

this will be survivor 30.

This past season(San Juan Del Sur) was so terrible i was watching Amazon and Borneo to make it better haha

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1917 on: January 27, 2015, 03:39:37 PM »

This past season(San Juan Del Sur) was so terrible i was watching Amazon and Borneo to make it better haha

You mean it's been on since 1985?  ???

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1918 on: January 27, 2015, 04:09:49 PM »

That can't be right. I think it started in the late 90's.
God bless!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1919 on: January 27, 2015, 04:18:22 PM »

I guess they have more than one Survivor season per calendar year. :)

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1920 on: January 27, 2015, 04:33:25 PM »

Two Survivor's per season,

The family twist is a good one.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #1921 on: January 27, 2015, 04:45:46 PM »

2000 in fact was the first season, and they have two seasons per year (A fall season and a spring season)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1922 on: January 27, 2015, 04:57:09 PM »

2000 in fact was the first season, and they have two seasons per year (A fall season and a spring season)

Okay, thanks. :)

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1923 on: January 27, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »
I'm still amazed people watch it. I saw the first season and it was mildly entertaining, but I didn't enjoy it enough to watch any more beyond that, but apparently there are people who just love it that much that they can keep going after 30 seasons...
God bless!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1924 on: January 27, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »
I'm still amazed people watch it. I saw the first season and it was mildly entertaining, but I didn't enjoy it enough to watch any more beyond that, but apparently there are people who just love it that much that they can keep going after 30 seasons...

I want to see somebody fight with a bear.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #1925 on: January 27, 2015, 05:01:52 PM »

I fell off for a while. It's a fantastic show, but the first seasons are so much better than the current ones, though I do enjoy some of the more recent ones.

Last season was a dud though.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1926 on: January 27, 2015, 05:02:50 PM »
That's why they need bears.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1927 on: January 27, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »
I'm with you. I might watch it if there was bear-wrestling involved.
God bless!

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1928 on: January 27, 2015, 06:53:52 PM »

Sometimes they have eating competitions where they have to swallow bugs and worms and brains and balut (see below) ... That's pretty cool.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1929 on: January 27, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »

Sometimes they have eating competitions where they have to swallow bugs and worms and brains and balut (see below) ... That's pretty cool.

Considered a delicacy in Alaska

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1930 on: January 28, 2015, 10:34:41 AM »

It would be better if the bugs were eating the contestants rather than vice versa.
God bless!

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1931 on: January 28, 2015, 12:47:14 PM »

It would be better if the bugs were eating the contestants rather than vice versa.

Is that not why folks watch it; one can only hope.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1932 on: January 28, 2015, 01:49:46 PM »
"Blue Murder."

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1933 on: January 28, 2015, 01:52:22 PM »
Tonight...The Americans

10:00 PM eastern..

Offline Peacemaker

• No Profile Edits
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #1934 on: February 05, 2015, 02:02:30 AM »
Have you seen that The Game of Thrones' last two episodes of season 4 is playing in the IMAX. I am assuming to give people the enjoyment of being caught up or reminded of what happened last year in a really cool way, to see it on the big screen. Season 5 premieres April 12.