Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 380523 times)

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Re: What TV shows are you watching?
« Reply #1755 on: November 18, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »
Best season of The Walking Dead so far! 5 Stars! A++ show! Would watch again!

I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.

I will take the "terrible" part if I can manage the "terribly popular" part some day  :angel:
I'm guessing the person he was watching it was terribly confused why someone would go by the name of Asteriktos.
God bless!

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #1756 on: November 18, 2014, 04:16:11 PM »
America's Next Top Model and The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #1757 on: November 18, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »
The new season of Downton Abbey. Not good, but not too bad either.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1758 on: November 18, 2014, 04:20:17 PM »
All was lost when Matthew died.
God bless!

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #1759 on: November 18, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »
All was lost when Matthew died.

All was lost when WWI started. It was only downhill from there.

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #1760 on: November 19, 2014, 12:51:54 AM »

I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.

I will take the "terrible" part if I can manage the "terribly popular" part some day  :angel:
I'm guessing the person he was watching it was terribly confused why someone would go by the name of Asteriktos.

They know who * is. The movie was the legoS movie.

Clever enough for everyone to recognize that they made at least 10 of the jokes in the movie and panders to the dominant ideology whilst pretending to do otherwise.

So yeah: *

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1761 on: November 19, 2014, 05:05:19 AM »
They know who * is.

It's hard to believe that anyone could know all of the *s.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #1762 on: November 19, 2014, 06:45:53 AM »

Clever enough for everyone to recognize that they made at least 10 of the jokes in the movie and panders to the dominant ideology whilst pretending to do otherwise.

Since when do Lego movies pander to any ideology?

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #1763 on: November 19, 2014, 06:49:17 AM »
Since when do Lego movies pander to any ideology?

Everyone knows that Lego movies are all about adding more bricks to the wall.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1764 on: November 19, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »

Awww, you and Shiny are dating. How cute!  :-*
God bless!

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #1765 on: November 19, 2014, 08:37:36 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1766 on: November 19, 2014, 09:12:07 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1767 on: November 19, 2014, 09:15:12 PM »
I miss her.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #1768 on: November 19, 2014, 09:15:56 PM »
Not sure if this is considered a TV Series but here it goes,

Bee and Puppycat
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:16:13 PM by sakura95 »
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #1769 on: November 19, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?

Getting closer . . .

Further info, Shiny evidently is concerned I would harm him in RL, so much for that affair.

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1770 on: November 19, 2014, 09:41:06 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?

Getting closer . . .

Further info, Shiny evidently is concerned I would harm him in RL, so much for that affair.

aka "Bingo!"
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1771 on: November 19, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?

Getting closer . . .

lol! orthonorm is nothing but a big ol' teddy bear. Maybe a teddy bear that no one understands most of the time, but at least not one that would harm anyone.

or would he?
God bless!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1772 on: November 19, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »

Not Shiny. Keep trying.

IsmiLiora?

Getting closer . . .

lol! orthonorm is nothing but a big ol' teddy bear. Maybe a teddy bear that no one understands most of the time, but at least not one that would harm anyone.

or would he?

The things you see every day.

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #1773 on: November 20, 2014, 06:16:51 AM »
This is probably the ultimate blasphemy, but I don't like The Walking Dead. I think it's a garbage series that hasn't added anything new or original to the undead genre. My biggest criticism with the series as well as 99.999% of zombie films and media is that they all take place after the world has been overrun and the apocalypse has unfolded. They are post-apocalyptic. IMO, I find this to be boring, lazy, and overdone. I don't want another survivalist disaster movie; I want a pre-apocalyptic film that starts at the very beginning of the zombie epidemic and shows how it gradually progresses and how society deals with it while slowly crumpling. The most intriguing part of the zombie lore is speculating how society broke down; what happened to the military and civilization? What happened to the man in the shower when the dead started rising? What happened to the kid on the school bus? What were humanity's final days like?

Most zombie lore ignores this entirely and fast forwards to the very end of the apocalypse where society has already been destroyed, the world overrun, and none of these questions have been answered. And it revolves around a bunch of boring post-apocalyptic survivors who just try to survive. Bleh. Boring and unoriginal.

My favorite zombie moment of all time was in the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead where the National Guard trucks and armed rednecks are seen patrolling the countryside and trying to maintain some semblance of order (I always wondered what happened to them btw); honorable mention goes to the apartment SWAT raid scene. This is what I like to see. It's the apocalypse in its beginning stages gradually unfolding and this is how individuals and society at large is dealing with it. This is society's last days. It's much better than that post-apocalyptic garbage.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1774 on: November 22, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »
Started watching this season (10?) of Bones on amazon video. I guess this'll be the last season, based on how they're talking and the downward trend in ratings over the years.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1775 on: November 22, 2014, 04:26:02 PM »
Currently watching Harvard vs. Yale in football. Later, I'll catch up on "Blue Murder," a British detective show.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #1776 on: November 23, 2014, 10:28:46 PM »
I about banned the person above. Clicked in the wrong place. In any case about to start watching The Blacklist. And speaking of that I wish they would put Boston Legal on Netflix! James Spader is awesome in that. Oh and The Practice? Anyone remember that great show? It was the prequel to Boston Legal. James Spader started his legal career on the small practice in The Practice and when that got cancelled he had moved to a big firm there in Boston.

I am finishing up The West Wing. About finished with Season 6, the next to last season. Toby gets on my nerves because he so moody and self-righteous, but I like him still. I like President Bartlet best I think. And Donna. Donna reminds me of a woman I was in love with. She's got the angelic aura about her, like the girl did. She pairs well with Josh, too, helping temper his smug arrogance with her humble gentleness. They playfulness between them is well played, as if the obvious love between them. I am angry I was a clip on YouTube where they kiss though.
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #1777 on: November 24, 2014, 12:13:28 PM »
This is probably the ultimate blasphemy, but I don't like The Walking Dead. I think it's a garbage series that hasn't added anything new or original to the undead genre. My biggest criticism with the series as well as 99.999% of zombie films and media is that they all take place after the world has been overrun and the apocalypse has unfolded. They are post-apocalyptic. IMO, I find this to be boring, lazy, and overdone. I don't want another survivalist disaster movie; I want a pre-apocalyptic film that starts at the very beginning of the zombie epidemic and shows how it gradually progresses and how society deals with it while slowly crumpling. The most intriguing part of the zombie lore is speculating how society broke down; what happened to the military and civilization? What happened to the man in the shower when the dead started rising? What happened to the kid on the school bus? What were humanity's final days like?

Most zombie lore ignores this entirely and fast forwards to the very end of the apocalypse where society has already been destroyed, the world overrun, and none of these questions have been answered. And it revolves around a bunch of boring post-apocalyptic survivors who just try to survive. Bleh. Boring and unoriginal.

My favorite zombie moment of all time was in the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead where the National Guard trucks and armed rednecks are seen patrolling the countryside and trying to maintain some semblance of order (I always wondered what happened to them btw); honorable mention goes to the apartment SWAT raid scene. This is what I like to see. It's the apocalypse in its beginning stages gradually unfolding and this is how individuals and society at large is dealing with it. This is society's last days. It's much better than that post-apocalyptic garbage.

I agree on that being a good (and probably more interesting) show/movie idea.  WWZ does this (and I shouldn't have to specify that I mean the book, not that abortion of a movie).  But I don't let it take away from the goodness that is The Perambulating Deceased. 
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
  • Probiotic .. Antibiotic
  • Jurisdiction: Rocor
« Reply #1778 on: November 26, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »
WKRP in Cincinnati

"As God as my witness. I thought turkeys could fly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg
Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #1779 on: November 27, 2014, 04:05:44 AM »
WKRP in Cincinnati

"As God as my witness. I thought turkeys could fly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

I liked that show growing up. What channel does it come on these days? I'd love to revisit it.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #1780 on: November 30, 2014, 04:25:34 AM »

I agree with your blasphemy.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #1781 on: November 30, 2014, 04:34:09 AM »
The Flash

I don't like Arrow because I find Ollie Queen irksome when he's the main character. But this series is pretty good. It's nice to finally see a return to live-action DC superheros who actually enjoy what they do. Doesn't quite reach the heights of glorious camp that the early 90s series did (and Geoff Johns is not the world's best dialog writer), but it's a lot better than Gotham, at least.

Also, occasionally going through Blackadder on Netflix. I don't watch much TV these days.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1782 on: November 30, 2014, 09:15:58 AM »
My favorite episode of the first season of The Walking Dead was when they were at the CDC and they gave a bit of a background of what had gone on as the situation first started.

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1783 on: December 01, 2014, 12:03:59 PM »
It was Beth...

The actress was on the Talking Dead after show. She broke down and cried...

She cleans up real good  btw.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:04:20 PM by Marc1152 »

Offline Nathanael

• Elder
« Reply #1784 on: December 01, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »
Person of Interest
OUR TRUE IDENTITY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mgdZZfVUh4

The only way to eternal life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmXuoiIYhf4

The Goal of the Eastern Christian Monk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZishdSrYWM

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1785 on: December 01, 2014, 12:39:30 PM »
It was Beth...

The actress was on the Talking Dead after show. She broke down and cried...

She cleans up real good  btw.

I'm really frustrated with how that went down. I'm frustrated with the whole episode. This review pretty much sums up my thoughts perfectly:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/01/the-walking-dead-coda-review
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1786 on: December 01, 2014, 01:47:42 PM »
Yeah, I was not especially pleased with it either. While I had a few issues with the the first half of the season (such as how quickly they escaped Terminus), overall I thought it was one of the better strings of 4+ episodes that they had done in the series. And then that 5th episode--the Abraham-focused one--I thought was the best episode they've done on the show. But the last three episodes were a let down.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #1787 on: December 01, 2014, 02:14:16 PM »
I kind of like the tragic futility of it all.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1788 on: December 01, 2014, 07:38:03 PM »
I'm watching "North Woods Law." Waiting for the Monday night football game later.  :)

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1789 on: December 04, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »
What can I watch on Sunday night until Walking Dead comes back?

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1790 on: December 04, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »
I dunno, only three shows currently on TV that I watch are Major Crimes (Mondays), Walking Dead, and Bones (Thursdays). And Game of Thrones now (I'm going to catch up on DVD/BR), but I guess that airs in the Spring.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1791 on: December 04, 2014, 09:58:44 PM »
'The Walking Dead’ Companion Series Casts Cliff Curtis as Male Lead

Cliff Curtis has been cast as the male lead in AMC”s “Walking Dead” companion series, Variety has confirmed...

“There are many corners of ‘The Walking Dead’ universe that remain unseen in the shadows. Being given the opportunity to shine a light into those corners and see what lurks out there is an absolute thrill"...

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1792 on: December 07, 2014, 09:16:07 PM »
What can I watch on Sunday night until Walking Dead comes back?
Football.
God bless!

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1793 on: December 09, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
So I started watching Game of Thrones, and I am one episode in, and I have a question. Did they explain in the first episode (or do they explain later) why Eddard Stark's family couldn't go with him? Or did I misunderstand and do they go after all?

Offline Rambam

• High Elder
  • Send lawyers, guns, and money
« Reply #1794 on: December 09, 2014, 01:29:55 PM »
Black Mirror ...  kind of a revamped Twilight Zone.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1795 on: December 09, 2014, 02:10:03 PM »
So I started watching Game of Thrones, and I am one episode in, and I have a question. Did they explain in the first episode (or do they explain later) why Eddard Stark's family couldn't go with him? Or did I misunderstand and do they go after all?
Everything becomes (more) clear with time. The first episode is a bit vague as to things.

BTW, you are in for a treat.  There is a fabulous redhead in the most recent season.  Gogogo!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:10:47 PM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #1796 on: December 09, 2014, 03:38:24 PM »
Everything becomes (more) clear with time. The first episode is a bit vague as to things.

BTW, you are in for a treat.  There is a fabulous redhead in the most recent season.  Gogogo!!!

Who buys it rather gloriously, too. :P

OT: The Librarians are finally here!!!
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1797 on: December 09, 2014, 04:42:51 PM »

Who buys it rather gloriously, too. :P

OT: The Librarians are finally here!!!
Don't spoil it!  After watching her, I finally understood why Justin likes redheads.  ;D
God bless!

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1798 on: December 11, 2014, 07:34:12 PM »
Nudity + violence + Boromir = awesome

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1799 on: December 11, 2014, 07:37:31 PM »