Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 363789 times)

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
Re: What TV shows are you watching?
« Reply #1710 on: October 03, 2014, 01:44:18 AM »

And of course Scandal. I need to watch the second episode of the above. After Scandal I was mad about the propaganda against gun rights with the typical nonsense so I went to go make a video about it. But after one take I did not like and accidentally deleting the second take i doing I said to heck with it.
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #1711 on: October 03, 2014, 06:17:31 AM »
Catching up on Horrible Histories.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:17:54 AM by Arachne »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Adela

• OC.net guru
« Reply #1712 on: October 03, 2014, 10:45:49 AM »
This week on Jeopardy they had a category called "name that faith".  The big money answer was "Greek Orthodoxy" to the clue "St Gregory Palamas". 

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
  • Probiotic .. Antibiotic
  • Jurisdiction: Rocor
« Reply #1713 on: October 13, 2014, 02:55:01 PM »
Season premier of Walking Dead was last night.. They tied up several lose strings and long build ups..Very well done. Best show on TV

A friend of my step daughter is staying with us. She dressed up in survival gear to watch.. She was crying by the end.

I however stayed steady since there is ice water running through my veins.
Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1714 on: October 13, 2014, 03:24:23 PM »
Lots of British mysteries. Yesterday, "Inspector Lewis" and "Inspector Morse." Also, a little bit of the repeat episode of "Downton Abbey."
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #1715 on: October 13, 2014, 04:55:15 PM »
Season premier of Walking Dead was last night.. They tied up several lose strings and long build ups..Very well done. Best show on TV

A friend of my step daughter is staying with us. She dressed up in survival gear to watch.. She was crying by the end.

Is it just me or do you like Carol even more after this episode?  She is cold, like absolute zero cold.

**Spoilers*** (sorta)

So any speculation on who the naughty folks they showed during the "then" sequence at the end?  Nagan's boys? (Foreshadowing.) Or did they become steaks?
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1716 on: October 13, 2014, 05:46:03 PM »
Lots of British mysteries. Yesterday, "Inspector Lewis" and "Inspector Morse." Also, a little bit of the repeat episode of "Downton Abbey."

I like Lewis, not just because I'd totally drop everything for a chance to work in Oxford... but also because I dig Hathaway something fierce. ;D

I missed the premiere of Evermoor on Friday and I'm scrambling around the full BBC network to locate a repeat to record, for the boy's benefit.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:46:27 PM by Arachne »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Online ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #1717 on: October 13, 2014, 06:00:19 PM »

Is it just me or do you like Carol even more after this episode?  She is cold, like absolute zero cold.

**Spoilers*** (sorta)

So any speculation on who the naughty folks they showed during the "then" sequence at the end?  Nagan's boys? (Foreshadowing.) Or did they become steaks?

On Twitter Robert Kirkman says that wasn't Negan, it was the tattoo guy they sprung from the container.
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #1718 on: October 15, 2014, 12:02:06 PM »

**Spoilers*** (sorta)

On Twitter Robert Kirkman says that wasn't Negan, it was the tattoo guy they sprung from the container.

Ok.  I figured he was one of the group of rapefolk.  Was wondering what happened to the rest.  Prolly became kebabs.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1719 on: October 15, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »
"Sherlock" and "Pets and Vets."

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #1720 on: October 16, 2014, 09:04:23 PM »
Fatal Attractions on Animal Planet.

Pretty grim stuff, but it's quite fascinating.

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/fatal-attractions

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1721 on: October 16, 2014, 09:55:02 PM »
A soccer game.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1722 on: October 19, 2014, 12:13:43 PM »
This season's last episode of "Inspector Lewis" is on at 9:00 PM Eastern in the U.S.  :) Local PBS.

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1723 on: October 23, 2014, 02:19:31 PM »

**Spoilers*** (sorta)

Carol looked good for a change when she was all smeared with Zombie goo. It may have been because it covered her hair and turned it red.

Carol will be sleeping with the fish pretty soon is my prediction. Daryl has to be freed up to pursue a romance with Beth once they rescue her. Better for fan interest.

I keep getting in trouble with the family because I mutter stuff like, "Dark Meat", "Chinese Food", "Tasty Morsel"

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #1724 on: October 23, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »

**Spoilers*** (sorta)

Carol looked good for a change when she was all smeared with Zombie goo. It may have been because it covered her hair and turned it red.

Carol will be sleeping with the fish pretty soon is my prediction. Daryl has to be freed up to pursue a romance with Beth once they rescue her. Better for fan interest.

I keep getting in trouble with the family because I mutter stuff like, "Dark Meat", "Chinese Food", "Tasty Morsel"

I've liked Carol for a while.  I don't doubt your prediction, though it's going to suck. 

Also, I'd hate to have the misfortune of being a black man in that universe.  Black Man Highlander(TM) continues!  There can be only one!

(I just wish it were still T-Dog.)

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1725 on: October 27, 2014, 10:00:02 AM »
(Walking Dead spoiler alert)

I think Carol is dead... I think the teaser last night is just to torture us for a week.

And the actor who played Gareth, is going to do really well. He was an awesome bad guy. RIP

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #1726 on: October 27, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »
Lately, I've been watching Impractical Jokers.  Very funny!
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #1727 on: October 27, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »

I think Carol is dead... I think the teaser last night is just to torture us for a week.

And the actor who played Gareth, is going to do really well. He was an awesome bad guy. RIP

Not yet.  Please, not yet.

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1728 on: October 27, 2014, 11:55:34 AM »

The "Talking Dead" after show usually provides some level of grief counseling.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1729 on: October 27, 2014, 12:39:58 PM »
I watch the NASA channel a lot. Also, sometimes at night, I watch the "yule log" type channels, which I get on my Roku TV streaming box. They have animal cams where you can watch kittens and whatnot play or sleep at the animal shelter. They also have nature cams, stuff like that. It's very relaxing. Some days I'm up late, I can't sleep, it's the closest thing I can get to fresh air. :)

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1730 on: October 27, 2014, 03:38:26 PM »

Online ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1731 on: October 27, 2014, 05:52:08 PM »

I really enjoy "Talking Dead". And interesting theory about Carol... I think there are a lot of fans who are going to be super mad if she dies (there's a lot of Carol/Daryl shippers). I really like her character, but I would like to see Daryl with Beth. I was wondering if maybe it was Beth in the woods that Daryl says "Come on out" to, and next week's episode is going to start as a flashback to show us what has been happening with her all this time, and end with her getting rescued. I think it's either her or Morgan.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Most High Imperial Prince
  • Elder
  • St John of Shanghai and San Francisco pray for us!
« Reply #1732 on: October 27, 2014, 06:04:04 PM »
I watch "The Middle" That's like all.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1733 on: October 27, 2014, 08:01:40 PM »
Clips of "Too Cute" from Animal Planet

The Weather Channel

Waiting for Monday Night Football to start

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1734 on: October 27, 2014, 09:30:19 PM »

I really enjoy "Talking Dead". And interesting theory about Carol... I think there are a lot of fans who are going to be super mad if she dies (there's a lot of Carol/Daryl shippers). I really like her character, but I would like to see Daryl with Beth. I was wondering if maybe it was Beth in the woods that Daryl says "Come on out" to, and next week's episode is going to start as a flashback to show us what has been happening with her all this time, and end with her getting rescued. I think it's either her or Morgan.

Norman Reedus has a gigantic female following. They made an error when they paired him with Carol. The 15 year old girls cant relate. They need to have him with Beth.....  Sorry Carol. It's just business. $

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #1735 on: October 28, 2014, 05:10:02 PM »

Norman Reedus has a gigantic female following. They made an error when they paired him with Carol. The 15 year old girls cant relate. They need to have him with Beth.....  Sorry Carol. It's just business. $

I had always hoped it would be Beth and Kwoaarl.  I am split on who would be the better love receptacle for Daryl, the greatest still living man of the apocalypse.  Carol is hard as a rock and yes, I think she is pretty.  Beth is from Nebraska (the actress) so I automatically have to pull for her a bit as pretty girls from Nebraska are rarer than hen's teeth and non-exploding meth labs.  I think she is the basis for Penny's character in the big bang theory (the actress in BBT is not from Nebraska, as if there were two exceptionally pretty girls in this state...lol).

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #1736 on: October 28, 2014, 05:51:54 PM »
I think she is the basis for Penny's character in the big bang theory (the actress in BBT is not from Nebraska, as if there were two exceptionally pretty girls in this state...lol).

There are far more than two pretty girls in Nebraska.  The problem is, none of them are in Omaha.  I was taken to Blair by ambulance from the plant one day, and I asked to go to the veterinary clinic since I heard the care was better there.  Well, they took me to the hospital instead, and let me tell you, there was not one woman in that hospital that was not drop dead gorgeous.  I was sure that I was going to die with a smile on my face.  But, that did not happen . . .
I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #1737 on: October 28, 2014, 06:14:48 PM »
I think she is the basis for Penny's character in the big bang theory (the actress in BBT is not from Nebraska, as if there were two exceptionally pretty girls in this state...lol).

There are far more than two pretty girls in Nebraska.  The problem is, none of them are in Omaha.  I was taken to Blair by ambulance from the plant one day, and I asked to go to the veterinary clinic since I heard the care was better there.  Well, they took me to the hospital instead, and let me tell you, there was not one woman in that hospital that was not drop dead gorgeous.  I was sure that I was going to die with a smile on my face.  But, that did not happen . . .
Those were sirens waiting at the first tollhouse, not Nebraskan women.
God bless!

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1738 on: October 28, 2014, 06:23:49 PM »
I'm looking forward to the new Phineas & Ferb series. The Halloween special (Night of the Living Pharmacists) was brilliant.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1739 on: October 29, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »
Just watched 'The Curse of Clyde Langer', the penultimate serial of The Sarah Jane Adventures. It's hard to believe that Elizabeth Sladen was terminally ill when she made that.

Offline Peter J

• still a CAF poster
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #1740 on: October 29, 2014, 10:08:35 PM »
Norman Reedus has a gigantic female following.

Do a lot of shows cater to the gigantic female demographic?
- Peter Jericho

Offline Marc1152

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1741 on: November 03, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »

One of the big drivers of the popularity of Walking Dead is the popularity of Norman Reedus with the womens.

Carol, got wheeled into the hospital last night at the end of the show.. Not looking too healthy from what I saw. They are really trying to stretch this out.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #1742 on: November 05, 2014, 06:14:44 AM »
Watched an episode of "The Black List."  I thought it was pretty good.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1743 on: November 05, 2014, 07:46:47 AM »
The Librarians' trailers are teasing me mercilessly. I can hardly wait for Dec. 7.

Online ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1744 on: November 06, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »
I am split on who would be the better love receptacle for Daryl, the greatest still living man of the apocalypse. 

LOL

LOL.

Also, after considering this at length, I'm going on record and calling it: Beth dies soon-ish, and Carol lives.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #1745 on: November 07, 2014, 12:39:37 AM »
1. The West Wing
2. Scandal
3. How To Get Away With Murder
4. Gotham
5. The Good Wife
6. Portlandia on DVR (when I am in the mood for something funny)
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline ays

• Слава Богу! Praise be God!
« Reply #1746 on: November 07, 2014, 04:48:16 AM »
The Librarians' trailers are teasing me mercilessly. I can hardly wait for Dec. 7.

I just watched the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXQVOOGGc0 and its good!

Anyhow, I am currently watching:
- The Walking dead
- The Blacklist (missed James Spader since Boston Legal)
- Elementary
- Constantine
- Hell on Wheels
Hа муци се познају јунаци. (In trouble, heroes emerges) | Βασιλεὺς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1747 on: November 07, 2014, 06:09:23 AM »
Hammer House of Horrors reruns. 8)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:10:01 AM by Arachne »

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #1748 on: November 07, 2014, 06:25:42 AM »
Just finished watching Over the Garden Wall. It has some wonderful animation and music. 
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #1749 on: November 13, 2014, 05:36:11 AM »

I just watched the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXQVOOGGc0 and its good!

Anyhow, I am currently watching:
- The Walking dead
- The Blacklist (missed James Spader since Boston Legal)
- Elementary
- Constantine
- Hell on Wheels

I need to watch The Blacklist. Big fan of Jame's Spader. I miss Boston Legal. Anyone remember "The Practice"? I've been hoping they will put it on Netflix or start showing it on TV Land.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #1750 on: November 13, 2014, 08:37:33 PM »
I just finished the second season of Orange is the New Black. The writers should be given every award out there.  There is some pretty offensive stuff in the show, but man is the writing good!
God bless!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #1751 on: November 13, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »
Hockey

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #1752 on: November 17, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »
Best season of The Walking Dead so far! 5 Stars! A++ show! Would watch again!

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #1753 on: November 18, 2014, 12:38:36 AM »

I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.
January 23, 2016, 03:47:17 PM   Ad Hominem - "mere foil"   +45

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #1754 on: November 18, 2014, 01:13:19 PM »

I saw a terrible and terribly popular movie the other night and I told the person I was watching it with that it could have easily come from the mind of *.

I will take the "terrible" part if I can manage the "terribly popular" part some day  :angel: