OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 09:25:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 60707 times) Average Rating: 0
wainscottbl
Grand Duke of Louisville and all the Kentuckys
Moderated
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Ave, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.

« Reply #1350 on: February 24, 2014, 01:39:51 AM »

Looking forward to the second season of Hannibal on Friday. I think I might watch it with a nice lamb chop dish and a nice Chianti. That and the History Channel drama Vikings starts it's second season on Thursday. It's pretty good. 9th century or so I think and they have just discovered Britain, who are Christian. The Vikings, after raiding a monastery and killing some priests and taking the rest home set off back for their homeland. The leader of the whole thing chooses to keep one of the monks as his slave, amazed that he saved a book, the Holy Gospel, over all the treasures of the church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyegV7B8Hck

"Any rational society would have either killed me or put me to some good use." -Hannibal Lecter

"First principles...to each particular thing ask what is it in and of itself. What is its nature?" --Hannibal Lecter
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

Mzack.

« Reply #1351 on: February 24, 2014, 01:43:10 PM »

On TWD... can someone explain to me what is up with the girl with the Lara Croft outfit? Was that just some eye candy thing in the comics that they decided to carry over to the TV show?
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

« Reply #1352 on: February 24, 2014, 03:14:38 PM »

Are you talking about the girl with Abraham? I don't know what her purpose is.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1353 on: February 24, 2014, 03:24:35 PM »

Looking forward to the second season of Hannibal on Friday. I think I might watch it with a nice lamb chop dish and a nice Chianti. That and the History Channel drama Vikings starts it's second season on Thursday. It's pretty good. 9th century or so I think and they have just discovered Britain, who are Christian. The Vikings, after raiding a monastery and killing some priests and taking the rest home set off back for their homeland. The leader of the whole thing chooses to keep one of the monks as his slave, amazed that he saved a book, the Holy Gospel, over all the treasures of the church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyegV7B8Hck

I really really really wish someone would make a show called Hannibal based off of Pride of Carthage rather than yet another Silence of the Lambs spin off.

Maybe Vin Diesel will get his Hannibal movie made some day.

One can only dream.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #1354 on: February 24, 2014, 03:25:57 PM »

On TWD... can someone explain to me what is up with the girl with the Lara Croft outfit? Was that just some eye candy thing in the comics that they decided to carry over to the TV show?

To be honest, baby ain't got enough back to be great eye-candy.  Hopefully she plays a decent role to make up for it. 

Besides, no one is gonna beat Maggie at being eye-candy.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #1355 on: February 24, 2014, 03:30:46 PM »

Really? What about Beth? I think Beth + Daryl = true love.

ETA: assuming her character is 18, of course.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:31:14 PM by ZealousZeal » Logged

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Mzack.

« Reply #1356 on: February 24, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »

Hmm. Yeah I mean the girl with Mr. Muscle. Who I think I'm gonna like. Ahh well, guess we'll see.  angel
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #1357 on: February 24, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »

Really? What about Beth? I think Beth + Daryl = true love.

ETA: assuming her character is 18, of course.

The actress is only a bit younger than me, though I think the character is supposed to be somewhat younger.  Then again, I don't think Maggie and Glenn are supposed to be in their early thirties, nor Darryl in his mid-forties. 
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #1358 on: February 24, 2014, 04:20:49 PM »

Hmm. Yeah I mean the girl with Mr. Muscle. Who I think I'm gonna like. Ahh well, guess we'll see.  angel

I know, the chick from Twilight.  I just don't think she's the best eye-candy he show has to offer.

Re: Beth: I really should be standing up for probably the best (and only) example of beauty Nebraska has to offer, but Maggie is just so blasted hot.  

If sugar-britches is going to try and be a character that has more to offer than walker-bait, she is going to need some bad[donkey] points.  To be honest, no one is going to beat Michonne as super-woman, so she might as well not even try.

Michonne is the only acceptable breeding partner for Darryl.

Also, Bob and Tyrese are still alive.  This show (aka African-American Highlander) is hard on black male characters.  Bets on which one dies in the next couple episodes?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:23:47 PM by vamrat » Logged
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #1359 on: February 24, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »

Michonne and Daryl would have amazing, warrior offspring and could repopulate the earth.

However, I sense a Rick + Michonne romance.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #1360 on: February 24, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »

If anything happens to Tyrese I will go into full mourning. Arm-band and all. So for that, I hope it's Bob the Alcoholic.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #1361 on: February 24, 2014, 04:25:13 PM »

Michonne and Daryl would have amazing, warrior offspring and could repopulate the earth.

However, I sense a Rick + Michonne romance.

You know, I like Rick, but Michonne has more balls.  If she is with anyone who's name doesn't start with D (and end with arryl) it's going to be more media propagandizing of gay marriage.  That is something I cannot support.  
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #1362 on: February 24, 2014, 04:28:46 PM »

If anything happens to Tyrese I will go into full mourning. Arm-band and all. So for that, I hope it's Bob the Alcoholic.

I can sympathize with Bob wanting to get his drink on, and Tyrese has shown too much hesitation, too many times.  Still, if Bob dies, I hope he gets a good sip of brandy first, Private Hook style.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Mzack.

« Reply #1363 on: February 24, 2014, 04:37:25 PM »

Just to clarify, cause I see my post above was misleading, and for once it was not intentional. The person I mentioned that I was gonna like was Mr. Muscle, not the new girl in the same group with him. Though neither was my top preference of the characters in those scenes.

We are learning a lot about Michonne this season. Finally.

That later part of the episode though, when Rick/M/C got away. So was that supposed to be a walker inside the house? So... they slept there and lived there for days and just happened to miss it? Or.. what?
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #1364 on: February 24, 2014, 04:44:04 PM »

Just to clarify, cause I see my post above was misleading, and for once it was not intentional. The person I mentioned that I was gonna like was Mr. Muscle, not the new girl in the same group with him. Though neither was my top preference of the characters in those scenes.

We are learning a lot about Michonne this season. Finally.

That later part of the episode though, when Rick/M/C got away. So was that supposed to be a walker inside the house? So... they slept there and lived there for days and just happened to miss it? Or.. what?

Two people got throttled, and I am pretty sure the one in the crapper-room terminally so.  While watching I muttered something about hopefully Rick would be smart and scissor the guy through the noggin and finish him off.  My brother said he should just leave him as a surprise for those other dipsticks. 

Regarding Mr. Muscles, I think he's gonna be gangsta. At least, that's what the people who read the comics have said.  

I accidentally read a spoiler regarding mullet-man.  I will spare y'all the details.

Anyone notice that Rick failed to cock the Uzi?  They typically fire from an open bolt, so wouldn't have done much good.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:46:33 PM by vamrat » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Mzack.

« Reply #1365 on: February 24, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »

Ahh yes, I had forgotten about the newly-dead in the house!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #1366 on: February 24, 2014, 04:52:22 PM »

Anyone notice that Rick failed to cock the Uzi?  They typically fire from an open bolt, so wouldn't have done much good.

It's hard to see, but you get a closeup later on:

Of course, this bloke has the same issue, but I would bet it is the civilian one (the flash suppressor is almost certianly fake, used to protect the exposed 16" barrel) which by legal necessity has been converted to closed bolt firing.  But Rick's has a short barrel, and IDK why they would have gotten an SBR permit for a movie prop when they could have just gotten the full on Class III.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Mzack.

« Reply #1367 on: February 24, 2014, 09:53:27 PM »

Done with the first season of Dexter now. I wish I would have watched this sooner. Though perhaps it wasn't on Netflix until recently, as I don't recall seeing it before. I have very similar processes and tendencies as Dex in a lot of ways. Except for the serial killer stuff. And being able to fake being normal. But other than that! Cheesy
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1368 on: February 24, 2014, 09:58:54 PM »

Was watching college basketball. Now going to read for a while.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
wainscottbl
Moderated
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

« Reply #1369 on: February 25, 2014, 02:04:08 AM »

. I have very similar processes and tendencies as Dex in a lot of ways. Except for the serial killer stuff. And being able to fake being normal. But other than that! Cheesy

You just need to figure out how to use your inclination to rid the world of evil.

"Any rational society would have either killed me or put me to some good use." -Hannibal Lecter

"First principles...to each particular thing ask what is it in and of itself. What is its nature?" --Hannibal Lecter
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #1370 on: February 25, 2014, 02:40:01 PM »

Ahh yes, I had forgotten about the newly-dead in the house!

As had I. Now it's all so clear.

Rambam
High Elder

Faith: Check
Jurisdiction: I'm color blind

« Reply #1371 on: March 01, 2014, 01:58:16 PM »

Anyone watching The Americans?

**Spoiler-ish comment**

I don't know who got it worse in the season premier -- the son who walked into that hotel room, or Paige, who walked in on her parents.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Mzack.

« Reply #1372 on: March 01, 2014, 09:29:24 PM »

Is she going to cause problems for Glenn and Maggie? Hmm....

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #1373 on: March 02, 2014, 07:20:49 PM »

Anyone watching The Americans?

I am.  Smiley

I don't know who got it worse in the season premier -- the son who walked into that hotel room, or Paige, who walked in on her parents.

I'm pretty sure it was the kid in the hotel room.  Even so, no daughter should ever have to see that side of her father.   

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #1374 on: March 02, 2014, 07:32:45 PM »

I think Glenn and Maggie seem pretty rock solid, so I'm not worried about that. But I think this girl is incapable of not causing trouble, so I fully expect her to mess something up in the future.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #1375 on: March 04, 2014, 10:18:57 AM »

Do you think she will go after Glenn or Maggie?
WPM
Archon

« Reply #1376 on: March 04, 2014, 12:51:02 PM »

Sometimes CNN, sometimes FOX,sometimes MSNBC, and sometimes C-Span. (Not forgetting Sports) ...
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Mzack.

« Reply #1377 on: March 04, 2014, 02:32:52 PM »

Not sure... I think ZZ is probably right in that Glenn/Maggie are solid and won't get too knocked off course, certainly in the long run. Still, she seems rather attached-at-the-hip to Glenn, and I could see how Glenn showing up with this girl, who Maggie only knows as one of the people responsible for her Father's death and the destruction of the prison, and who Glenn is apparently now teaming with and feels some sympathy for, could cause some tension. The fact that she's cute and single* probably won't help either, even if Glenn has no intentions along those lines.

*I am assuming she might be bi and not a lesbian; or was that ever made clear?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:33:30 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1378 on: March 04, 2014, 07:12:14 PM »

I've been watching "The Vicar of Dibley" on Netflix. The laugh track irritates me a little, but I think the show is funny anyway.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1379 on: March 04, 2014, 07:24:17 PM »

I think Glenn and Maggie seem pretty rock solid, so I'm not worried about that. But I think this girl is incapable of not causing trouble, so I fully expect her to mess something up in the future.

The only way this could be gayer were if two men were involved.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1380 on: March 04, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »

And . . . there you have it.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1381 on: March 04, 2014, 08:50:45 PM »

I've been watching "The Vicar of Dibley" on Netflix. The laugh track irritates me a little, but I think the show is funny anyway.

Indeed.  I also have an unexplainable like for Father Ted. So cheesy but it makes you giggle.

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1382 on: March 06, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »

Will the Bachelor pick Claire or Nikki  or neither. Both? 

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1383 on: March 06, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »

The Americans is back on, 2nd week. Awesome. If you like Spy Craft they have a few ingenious methods to turn people and bug places.

The mega hot Russian Woman (double agent) who works at the Embassy may be hurting my marriage.

"Everyone shut up ! I'm watching my show !! "
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:22:08 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1384 on: March 06, 2014, 04:59:22 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/06/showbiz/tv/l-a-law-dvd-smits-rachins/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

Finally! We don't have to wait for some network to add it to the archives. TV awesomeness on DVD!  Smiley

wainscottbl
Moderated
OC.net guru

« Reply #1385 on: March 08, 2014, 01:58:16 AM »

Dallas, Season 2. About to go catch the first two episodes on DVR.

And Pawn Stars is fun to watch. One of the few "reality shows" I like. I usually like the cool ones like Mountain Men. My sister and mother like that crap like Sister Wives and the rest of that junk. It's penance to watch that stuff.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #1386 on: March 09, 2014, 11:32:01 PM »

Who stole Beth?! I am so irritated that Beth and Daryl's love bubble was burst. And I am stressed out about the gang that found Daryl at the end. GRRRR.

wainscottbl
Moderated
OC.net guru

« Reply #1387 on: March 10, 2014, 12:05:27 AM »

The Good Wife is back on, so that again. Did not realize that until tonight. I like their little NSA comedy with the two nerds in the cubicles listening to people's lives and joking among themselves. It's a good punch at that whole NSA thing. And the comedy of the great comedy legend Wallace Shawn as the mob lawyer. Wallace Shawn....that reminds me I have The Princess Bride on DVR to watch. It's Lent though so I might have to wait until  next weekend to watch a movie. I suppose movies are not really Lenten. Then again neither is spending so much time on here!

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1388 on: March 10, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »

Who stole Beth?! I am so irritated that Beth and Daryl's love bubble was burst. And I am stressed out about the gang that found Daryl at the end. GRRRR.

I don't care about Beth. I don't care about Bob or Sasha.. They need to get back to the main characters... fast.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1389 on: March 10, 2014, 04:24:17 PM »

Hey final Rose tonight  !!  ....................................  no homo

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #1390 on: March 10, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »

Hey final Rose tonight  !!  ....................................  no homo

Yeah, that made it all better.  Tongue

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #1391 on: March 10, 2014, 04:53:20 PM »

I don't care about Beth. I don't care about Bob or Sasha.. They need to get back to the main characters... fast.

I think they killed enough last season that building up Sasha and Bob is a good thing.  I'm sure we will see some Rick/Michonne/Kwaaarrrl next episode.

Like ZZ, I really hope things turn out good for Beth and Darryl.  My money is on the one in the car with Beth is probably one of the characters we already know.  Would be an easy explanation. 

If Terminus/Sanctuary isn't overrun with Walkers, I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone form there yet.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #1392 on: March 10, 2014, 11:08:15 PM »

I think they killed enough last season that building up Sasha and Bob is a good thing.  I'm sure we will see some Rick/Michonne/Kwaaarrrl next episode.

Like ZZ, I really hope things turn out good for Beth and Darryl.  My money is on the one in the car with Beth is probably one of the characters we already know.  Would be an easy explanation. 

If Terminus/Sanctuary isn't overrun with Walkers, I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone form there yet.

I am totally, 100% invested in this Beth/Daryl relationship. I don't know why and I know on a show like this one where characters drop like flies it's idiotic, but I can't help it. I think they're really good for each other. More seriously- I have no guesses as to who the kidnapper could be, but it would be interesting to find out it's someone we already know. I'm definitely thinking that funeral home was a trap. It goes without saying that the kidnapper is not good news- but I'm really having a hard time coming up with a motive for kidnapping someone in a zombie apocalypse. Crazy cannibal? Over-zealous Mormon missionary?

I have not a single shred of hope that Terminus is going to be anything other than a disaster. My spidey senses are tingling. I think the next episode is going to be pretty Carol/Tyrese/kids heavy. I hope we see Rick/Michonne, though. I hope Lizzie the Pyscho bites the dust.

Only 3 episodes left this season, guys. Time to draw up a short list of who doesn't make it to season 5.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Mzack.

« Reply #1393 on: March 11, 2014, 12:10:40 AM »

The first motive that came to mind for me was sex (after processing what was happening I mean). Maybe some guys are with a group and there are no women available... so they decided to go out and 'find one' for themselves. She was with Daryl, but since Daryl is not in their group and is an outsider maybe they don't care, since it won't cause problems for them. Or maybe they just like pretty girls and no one is there to stop them from doing... whatever. In general men can be scum [real trouble] when it comes to such matters; it would probably only get worse in the zombie apocalypse.

Did you see the image floating around of all (or almost all) the characters in the series so far, with like 90% of them X'd out? Crazy. I did like some of the Beth memes popping up today though, like about her never having had liquor and yet downing the moonshine like it's water.

This season... so ... slow... ugh. I have defended the show in the past, when it was admittedly slow, but I tried to point out that this was never meant to be an action/adventure show, but a drama.  And it's not that this season is going nowhere exactly, they are dangling that carrot. But man... they're taking forever to get anywhere. And if Terminus doesn't turn out to be a huge payoff (good or bad), that's just gonna kill it.

More on the slow pace. Last season when it was slow for a couple episodes and they focused on the governor, I was fine with that. In fact those were some of my favorite episodes of the series I think. But the thing is, that was a really interesting character, and the entire story I found interesting, and it had a great payoff, and the episodes were like fairly long short stories. This season there are moments of character development sprinkled in, but it's more like we get a couple pieces of flash fiction each episode with one or two significant moments. Looking back I'm gonna think "hey, remember when Beth got kidnapped?" or "That scene with Carl eating the pudding was great."  But... will I ever want to go back and rewatch the entire season, or even individual episodes, start to finish?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:13:36 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #1394 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:47 AM »

I am totally, 100% invested in this Beth/Daryl relationship. I don't know why and I know on a show like this one where characters drop like flies it's idiotic, but I can't help it. I think they're really good for each other. More seriously- I have no guesses as to who the kidnapper could be, but it would be interesting to find out it's someone we already know. I'm definitely thinking that funeral home was a trap. It goes without saying that the kidnapper is not good news- but I'm really having a hard time coming up with a motive for kidnapping someone in a zombie apocalypse. Crazy cannibal? Over-zealous Mormon missionary?

I have not a single shred of hope that Terminus is going to be anything other than a disaster. My spidey senses are tingling. I think the next episode is going to be pretty Carol/Tyrese/kids heavy. I hope we see Rick/Michonne, though. I hope Lizzie the Pyscho bites the dust.

Only 3 episodes left this season, guys. Time to draw up a short list of who doesn't make it to season 5.

I'm really having a hard time coming up with a motive for kidnapping someone in a zombie apocalypse

Breeder .... It's lonely out there after the apocalypse... I will refrain from getting more specific

Daryl and his new gang rescue her..

My guess is that they all make to next year.

I will also repeat that I think Lizzy is the real killer of the two infected people and it gets Carol off the hook.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: