OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 08:32:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV shows are you watching?  (Read 69434 times) Average Rating: 0
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »

There's a Zombie infestation in the barn.

So...former friends, loved ones, and neighbors?  What do you reckon Herschel is feeding them? 

Oh, and new rule, blondie doesn't get guns no more.

If it were me........ I'd just go ahead and whack Herschel, build a walled compound around the house, encourage having babies and then in a few generations you got yourself a  good old fashioned City State. 

"Never get out of the Boat"

We had had that thought while watching, but I came to the conclusion that after Darryl the Redneck Zombie Destroyer Herschel was the smartest guy of the bunch.  *Note that this is before I found out that he had a barn full of zombies within shambling distance of his house.*  The no guns thing we agreed was somewhat stupid, but then you see what these knuckle-draggers do with guns and you can start to understand him.  Everyone goes around getting shot and he has to patch them back up.

But yeah, back to your plan.  Walling up Herschel's farm and being fruitful and multiplying with the redhead would make for a rather nice apocalypse.
TITL

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2011, 05:37:27 PM »

No one watches Monk!?  Shocked
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »

I LOVE Monk! Tony Shalhoub is genius.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
TITL

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »

Yay!

I'm also (shamefully) addicted to 24.
brandb

« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »

YESSSS. Brings back memories. Cheesy
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2011, 12:12:42 AM »

I like that show.   Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2011, 12:22:45 PM »

So...former friends, loved ones, and neighbors?  What do you reckon Herschel is feeding them? 

If it were me........ I'd just go ahead and whack Herschel, build a walled compound around the house, encourage having babies and then in a few generations you got yourself a  good old fashioned City State. 

We had had that thought while watching, but I came to the conclusion that after Darryl the Redneck Zombie Destroyer Herschel was the smartest guy of the bunch.  *Note that this is before I found out that he had a barn full of zombies within shambling distance of his house.*  The no guns thing we agreed was somewhat stupid, but then you see what these knuckle-draggers do with guns and you can start to understand him.  Everyone goes around getting shot and he has to patch them back up.

But yeah, back to your plan.  Walling up Herschel's farm and being fruitful and multiplying with the redhead would make for a rather nice apocalypse.
My wife had an intersting theory concerning the barn and all the walkers.....
Quote: "Where is Herchel getting the fuel for his generator from? He's gotta be using the walkers to make some kind of fuel." brilliant!

BTW, Hell on Wheels is amazing Smiley

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »

Quote: "Where is Herchel getting the fuel for his generator from? He's gotta be using the walkers to make some kind of fuel." brilliant!

LOL, just create a zombie juicer and you'll have fuel for life.

PP

Still warming up to Hell on Wheels, but I've only caught the 1st ep. so far.

Homeland is quite good. For anyone interested, the 1st episode is streaming for free through the showtime website.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:04 PM »

Hell on Wheels is growing on me.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »

Hell on Wheels is growing on me.
Chief O'Brien has never been more hardcore.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2011, 05:00:51 PM »

Person of Interest.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »

Just finished pilot of Bluebloods. police  The Mrs. really likes the show, so I wanted to see what it was all about.

Siobhan Byrne O'Connor enjoys her life as wife to Daniel O'Connor and mother of their three children, ages 12, 8 and 6.

"My children and my family are my greatest joy," she said. "I have a terrific husband and so I feel like I've won some cosmic jackpot."

She's also happy in her chosen career as script writer and supervising producer of the popular television series "Blue Bloods."

Being a devout Catholic in a media world not ordinarily sympathetic to the church presents its own range of challenges; however, Siobhan is personable and competent. She also has a powerful ally in the industry, David Black, creator of "Law and Order," under whose tutelage she began her career.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2011, 05:55:16 PM »

Yesterday's Lightning-Jets game was pretty good.  Smiley

CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2011, 10:43:22 AM »

I like it, definitely better than I expected.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2011, 08:43:16 PM »

PP

Energy?   Where is he getting all that food..?

burp

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »

Not since its last episode, no. While it was running it was one of my favorites. Who knew that USA would go from being the network with the best morning and afternoon cartoon reruns (let's not go into what was on during the night) to being one of the few channels with shows that are actually worth watching (i.e. not a putrid pit of "reality" programming). Monk, Psych, and Burn Notice are a lot of fun.

I haven't seen Walking Dead (I have this thing about watching continuity heavy shows that I haven't seen the beginning to- why I never watched either Lost or the new Battlestar) but I do enjoy Dexter and Game of Thrones (no need to spoiler tag that one for me, either).

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2011, 05:12:25 PM »

Not since its last episode, no. While it was running it was one of my favorites. Who knew that USA would go from being the network with the best morning and afternoon cartoon reruns (let's not go into what was on during the night) to being one of the few channels with shows that are actually worth watching (i.e. not a putrid pit of "reality" programming). Monk, Psych, and Burn Notice are a lot of fun.

I haven't seen Walking Dead (I have this thing about watching continuity heavy shows that I haven't seen the beginning to- why I never watched either Lost or the new Battlestar) but I do enjoy Dexter and Game of Thrones (no need to spoiler tag that one for me, either).

Very good friend recommended Walking Dead. Though I hate zombies, I really like the English actor who is in the lead role. So I gave it a try. Halfway through the first episode I accepted the white feather!  Embarrassed laugh

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »

Very good friend recommended Walking Dead. Though I hate zombies, I really like the English actor who is in the lead role. So I gave it a try. Halfway through the first episode I accepted the white feather!  Embarrassed laugh

Oh man up !  No one likes Zombies except other Zombies.. You just need to learn when to cover your eyes and whimper quietly

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2011, 05:59:12 PM »

Oh man up !  No one likes Zombies except other Zombies.. You just need to learn when to cover your eyes and whimper quietly

But they hide behind the terrace curtains waiting to get in and grab me while I sleep!!  laugh Give me vampires and werewolves, anytime!

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2011, 06:02:17 PM »

Having just finished the book, I'm watching the 12-part Brothers Karamazov miniseries released in Russia a few years ago. So far it's great, possibly the best book-to-screen adaptation I've seen.
Have you finished it now, and do you still think it is great?  I have not seen it yet and was wondering what others though of it.

I'm a little past halfway through at the moment and it's still great.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2011, 07:32:44 PM »

I've been getting into Breaking Bad some. I'm currently in season 2 and it's been great so far.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »

I've been getting into Breaking Bad some. I'm currently in season 2 and it's been great so far.

We just finished season 3 over, great show. For some reason Netflix doesn't have season 4 so I'm kind of fiending at the moment. We've started Weeds.

celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2011, 11:17:07 PM »

Anyone watching Denver v NY Jets?

Forgive my sins.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »

Football is boring as hell

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2011, 11:46:44 PM »

Football is boring as hell

Maybe American, but not association football. Wink

Forgive my sins.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:27 AM »

No, I missed it. Oops.  Smiley

Babalon
Resident Occultist

Faith: Gnosis
Jurisdiction: A.'.A.'.

I am everywhere the centre.

« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2011, 02:50:57 AM »

I don't even have cable.

0_0

CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2011, 09:04:46 AM »

We just finished season 3 over, great show. For some reason Netflix doesn't have season 4 so I'm kind of fiending at the moment. We've started Weeds.

Season 4 just finished airing a few weeks ago. If you have on-demand, it may still be there. So far, its the best season of a great show.

Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »

No, I missed it. Oops.  Smiley
You missed Tebow? Shocked
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:25:40 AM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2011, 09:37:30 AM »

I don't even have cable.

0_0
Netflix!

Haven't had cable for several months now and I've lived without it for months/a year at a time. Give me Netflix and/or my TV DVDs and I'm a happy gal.

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2011, 01:01:28 PM »

'Devil Fish,' MST 3000. Also, whatever's on Fox Soccer Channel.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2011, 01:28:10 PM »

Watching Mike Rowe suck the semen out of a rectum of a turkey on Discovery Channel...

Forgive my sins.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2011, 01:44:47 PM »

Watching Mike Rowe suck the semen out of a rectum of a turkey on Discovery Channel...
OMG. That episode. Totally scarred me.

--
--
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2011, 10:28:58 PM »

Zombie Night

Oh Yeah..........Making Angry Love !
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:53:33 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2011, 12:05:32 AM »

Zombie Night

Oh Yeah..........Making Angry Love !

This episode caught up on a lot of the plot stuff but I would like to see more zombies getting whacked.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2011, 12:32:30 AM »

I have some demands:

1. I want the little girl Sophie found but as a Zombie
2. I want Herschel dead. Really dead.. Not a Zombie. Old fashion type dead.
3. No more sex scenes please
4. Darrell must shower or be shot for real
5. Less of the Chinese kid. He may be eaten if necessary to get him off the screen.

Question: If Zombies eat the Chinese kid will they be hungry again in a half hour?

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie
No Room In Hell

Zombies are driven by an insatiable lust to eat the flesh of the living that many presume originates from Hell or Satan or Narnia. The currently accepted theory states that they walk the Earth because there is simply no more room left in Hell; this was a result of the "No More Room In Hell Act" of 1662 wherein Satan outlawed further immigration into Hell because of "those damn dirty Americans" stealing all of the good jobs there and putting immense stress on the demonic economy. As Heaven also began refusing souls this forced the undead to wander forever in torment in the streets and alleys of ordinary society. Where we now have to deal with them. Great.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:34:54 AM by Marc1152 » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2011, 02:06:05 AM »

Wait WHA?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2011, 07:00:40 AM »

Yeah, that was an image I really didn't want to have.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »

I have some demands:

5. Less of the Chinese kid. He may be eaten if necessary to get him off the screen.

Question: If Zombies eat the Chinese kid will they be hungry again in a half hour?

No Room In Hell

Zombies are driven by an insatiable lust to eat the flesh of the living that many presume originates from Hell or Satan or Narnia. The currently accepted theory states that they walk the Earth because there is simply no more room left in Hell; this was a result of the "No More Room In Hell Act" of 1662 wherein Satan outlawed further immigration into Hell because of "those damn dirty Americans" stealing all of the good jobs there and putting immense stress on the demonic economy. As Heaven also began refusing souls this forced the undead to wander forever in torment in the streets and alleys of ordinary society. Where we now have to deal with them. Great.

That would be interesting.  Perhaps the Herschel keeping zombies in a barn because they are people too is leading up to this?

I'm still split on Herschel.  He seems to be the brightest of the bunch.  Eaten by Zombies (pet zombies specifically) might be an interesting outcome.

Agreed.  Doesn't really add to the plot (anymore than it would if they were implied) and they take away from zombie killing time.  Y'all can repopulate the world in your own time.  In my time I want lots of dead zombies.

Come on now.  If there are two things you deserve as consolation prizes for surviving the apocalypse thus far is that you don't have to listen to the police anymore and you don't have to take showers or dress according to social norms.  Would you really take everything from this man?

Sadly enough, I find him to be one of the more likable characters in the show.  In the last episode he killed more zombies than Rick.  I could do with a lot less Rick/what's-her-name/Karl in any case.  Even a-hole and blondie are more interesting than them.  And of course, Darryl should be the highlight of the show.  If you want zombies dead with style, he's the way to go.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2011, 01:07:06 PM »

I have some demands:

No Room In Hell

That would be interesting.  Perhaps the Herschel keeping zombies in a barn because they are people too is leading up to this?

I'm still split on Herschel.  He seems to be the brightest of the bunch.  Eaten by Zombies (pet zombies specifically) might be an interesting outcome.

Agreed.  Doesn't really add to the plot (anymore than it would if they were implied) and they take away from zombie killing time.  Y'all can repopulate the world in your own time.  In my time I want lots of dead zombies.

Come on now.  If there are two things you deserve as consolation prizes for surviving the apocalypse thus far is that you don't have to listen to the police anymore and you don't have to take showers or dress according to social norms.  Would you really take everything from this man?

Sadly enough, I find him to be one of the more likable characters in the show.  In the last episode he killed more zombies than Rick.  I could do with a lot less Rick/what's-her-name/Karl in any case.  Even a-hole and blondie are more interesting than them.  And of course, Darryl should be the highlight of the show.  If you want zombies dead with style, he's the way to go.

What do they mean that next week will be the "Mid-Season Finale" ? Will they take a break for a while and come back?

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2011, 02:16:18 PM »

I've never seen that show. I'll have to catch up when it's on DVD.  Smiley

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »

I have some demands:

No Room In Hell

What do they mean that next week will be the "Mid-Season Finale" ? Will they take a break for a while and come back?

According to Wikipedia there are two more episodes of this season left.  So, not sure what "Mid-Season" means.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »

I heard that the affair coming out was rather anti-climactic. Anything but a punch in Lori's face (or Shane, both would be incredible) will make me move on from this show.

Not that I was on board as much. Wink The zombies are too much for me. But what the Mister, watches, I usually watch at least passively.

To add more to the topic, it's been Dr. Who and Caprica lately. I actually like Caprica. I think it's moving a bit too slowly but I keep finding myself wondering what's going to happen next, so I keep watching the episodes on my own. (And I have never watched BSG, so no spoilers please.)

--
--
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »

1. Noty gonna happen. The comic book purists would flip out (the creator or the TV series happens to be an avid reader of the comic so......)

2. I cant stand Herchel. he reminds me of a neighbor who is really helpful but holds it over you....kind of like you borrow a wrench and he's more than glad to do it, but berate you about having to help you. There is a certian katana wielding character that has yet to appear that would be perfect to behead Zombie-Herschel Smiley

3. Sick of em too....

4. I like Darrel alot. I hope we see more of him and especially when his brother comes back....seems that his brother stepped on him alot. I'd love to see Darrel stand up to him.

5. What? He's awesome!

In response to the Mid-Season finale, I have a feeling that we're about to see a "Gods of the Arena" thing happen. Maybe follow a certian father and son that disappeared from the show, then pick it up with them meeting up with Rick and crew.

PP

Gregory the Great

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2011, 05:45:23 PM »

I heard that the affair coming out was rather anti-climactic. Anything but a punch in Lori's face (or Shane, both would be incredible) will make me move on from this show.

Not that I was on board as much. Wink The zombies are too much for me. But what the Mister, watches, I usually watch at least passively.

To add more to the topic, it's been Dr. Who and Caprica lately. I actually like Caprica. I think it's moving a bit too slowly but I keep finding myself wondering what's going to happen next, so I keep watching the episodes on my own. (And I have never watched BSG, so no spoilers please.)

You have to stay on your toes with The Walking Dead. We were all lulled into a moment of safety. There was no set up for Zombies to appear.Radar was all clear.

Then she grabbed his junk..

"Oh..God!!!!!!! They caught me napping. Did she just Huh??"

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: