Author Topic: What movies are you watching?  (Read 283519 times)

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
Re: What movies are you watching?
« Reply #2790 on: April 12, 2016, 11:20:45 PM »
Watched Contact with my children last night. It was worse than I remembered.

Selam

I remember seeing it twice in theaters. I wish i could go back in time and stop myself.

I know, right? LOL.

Selam

What is so bad about it?  It is on my "maybe" list for Netflix and am wondering if I should spare myself some misery.

It's hokey. They took an intriguing subject matter and turned it into a cheesy film full of straw man caricatures and plastic character development. Pretty lame movie.

Selam

And the insertion of Clinton into certain scenes of the film were just totally unnecessary.

lol. That was awful indeed.

And Rob Lowe playing the evil fundamentalist knock off of Ralph Reed. Just so over the top.

Selam

Ok, sounds pretty bad.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
    • St. George Church
« Reply #2791 on: April 19, 2016, 05:55:42 AM »
Saw "Zootopia." Liked it.

Offline William T

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #2792 on: April 19, 2016, 09:40:21 AM »
Saw "Zootopia." Liked it.

I just took my cousin and friends kid to see it...we all liked it.  They were.boys age 5 and 10.   It was definitely one of the more enjoyable cgi kid films I've seen, though not in the top 5.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:58:33 AM by William T »
Christ is risen!  Le Christ est ressuscité!  Masīḥ qām!   Χριστὸς ἀνέστη!

Offline nothing

• Cosmopolitan Bumpkin
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Unshakeable
« Reply #2793 on: April 20, 2016, 06:03:44 PM »
Tarovsky. Solaris, Stalker, Andrei Rublev.

Oh and I watched the Sodebergh Solaris as well, I liked it a lot didn't blow my mind like Tarovsky's version.

Offline nikolaj

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Serbian Patriarchate
« Reply #2794 on: May 04, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »
Can anyone recommend something please. It has been 2 months, I really want to watch something good.
Since the lent finished I came across this one witch was OK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtC08tWxqA

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #2795 on: May 04, 2016, 07:40:45 PM »
Can anyone recommend something please. It has been 2 months, I really want to watch something good.
Since the lent finished I came across this one witch was OK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtC08tWxqA

That's a good one! Sophie Scholl was a true hero.

Selam
"Bad art may be forgiven; but to remain unmoved by beauty will not. Doubts may be forgiven; but a lack of wonder will not. Tilting at windmills may be forgiven; but allowing our neighbors to be grinded in the gears will not. Denying the existence of the Creator may be forgiven; but ignoring the glories of creation will not."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #2796 on: May 07, 2016, 03:12:39 PM »
I just found out, all in the span of 5 minutes, that 1) Marvel has officially committed to a Black Widow film, and 2) a new Center Stage sequel is due to hit the small screen in June. On top of the comics loot mentioned elsewhere, the day couldn't get much better than this. ;D
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
    • St. George Church
« Reply #2797 on: May 07, 2016, 07:07:08 PM »
Got "Norm of the North" from Redbox. I expect it to be good.

Offline Cyprian700

• Archangel Michael Byzantine Icon (early 14th c.)
« Reply #2798 on: May 10, 2016, 07:33:25 PM »
St. Cyril of Jerusalem (+386)

(Catechetical Lectures 19.6)

Now the pomp of the devil is the madness of theaters and horse-races, and hunting, and all such vanity: from which that holy man praying to be delivered says unto God, Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity. Be not interested in the madness of the theatre, where thou wilt behold the wanton gestures of the players, carried on with mockeries and all unseemliness, and the frantic dancing of effeminate men.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
    • St. George Church
« Reply #2799 on: May 10, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »
St. Cyril of Jerusalem (+386)

(Catechetical Lectures 19.6)

Now the pomp of the devil is the madness of theaters and horse-races, and hunting, and all such vanity: from which that holy man praying to be delivered says unto God, Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity. Be not interested in the madness of the theatre, where thou wilt behold the wanton gestures of the players, carried on with mockeries and all unseemliness, and the frantic dancing of effeminate men.

What movies are you watching?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
  • And the cat is back again.
« Reply #2800 on: May 10, 2016, 08:55:38 PM »
I take it you aren't a Star Wars fan?
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2801 on: May 10, 2016, 09:06:13 PM »

Luke Skywalker is the gay Antichrist (no idea what what this makes Rey or Leia- double Whores of Babylon?)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:11:06 PM by Volnutt »
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline William T

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2802 on: May 10, 2016, 09:25:40 PM »

Luke Skywalker is the gay Antichrist (no idea what what this makes Rey or Leia- double Whores of Babylon?)

Remember that schwartz fight in.spaceballs?  That's all I can think about now.

Offline William T

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2803 on: May 10, 2016, 09:27:48 PM »
I just found out, all in the span of 5 minutes, that 1) Marvel has officially committed to a Black Widow film, and 2) a new Center Stage sequel is due to hit the small screen in June. On top of the comics loot mentioned elsewhere, the day couldn't get much better than this. ;D

Hopefully wonder woman gets her movie out first.  I'm glad marvel could take a character like Black Widow and feature her in a movie, but I'd really like wonder woman to be the first major superhero release featuring a woman as the lead.  Elektra was horrible, it's still interesting to think though that with black widow and wonder woman coming out the major female leads would be one Russian and two Greeks, and I think two of those gals may be Orthodox.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:31:54 PM by William T »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2804 on: May 10, 2016, 09:32:27 PM »

Remember that schwartz fight in.spaceballs?  That's all I can think about now.

LOL

Offline Iconodule

• Professor of Cryptopatristics at Miskatonic University
  • Merarches
  • Monsters from the Id
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #2805 on: May 12, 2016, 03:00:22 PM »
As Above, So Below. Great premise, should have been so much better. As it is, pretty crap.

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2806 on: May 13, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »
Since I became a Christian and I came to learn of and recognize the demonic evil that is woven into every Hollywood production, I prefer to say that I analyze, decipher and expose what is hidden in Hollywood movies, rather than merely "watching" them.

Here is a very brief example of how I decipher and expose the schemes of the Illuminati-Masonic cabal, which are purposefully embedded in every Hollywood production:

The grooming and scripted rise of Vladimir Putin by the Illuminati to be their choice as president of the RF, was revealed many years in advance in countless Hollywood productions. 

There are many examples: The Hunt For Red October novel (1984) and film adaption (1990) are notable and obvious.  The Hunt For Red October is also about the staged Kursk disaster psy-op as well, only months into Putin's presidency.

The Hunt For Red October film was released March 2, 1990, on Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev's birthday.  The 1984 novel and 1990 film features "political officer" (замполит) Putin.

The plot of The Hunt For Red October was deliberately oriented to mirror events that took place with the MS Achille Lauro. 

MS Achille Lauro
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Achille_Lauro

The Red October is hijacked, and the staged Achille Lauro hijacking was scripted to occur on 7 October 1985, Comrade Putin's birthday.

The MS Achille Lauro suffered famous collisions and fires just like Red October does in the novel/film, and the Achille Lauro caught fire and ultimately sank in 1994, just as they say happened with the Kursk submarine disaster.

Putin's birthday of October 7 correlates to 007 (double-o-seven) James Bond, since the word October has two (double) o's in it, and this is why Sean Connery (007) stars in the film The Hunt For Red October (1990), and The Russia House (1990), which is also all about Putin. 

Michelle Pfeiffer, Connery's much younger love interest in the film, represents Alina Kabaeva, the purported young gymnast lover of Putin.

That is why Connery is romantically paired with the much younger Catherine Zeta-Jones in Entrapment (1999) which is also all about Putin, among other things, like 9/11.  Actress Catherine (Katya) is a cat-burglar who does gymnastics in the film, not unlike actress Pfeiffer, who plays the cat burglar Catwoman in Batman Returns (1992).

Why is the much older Sean Connery paired with these much younger beauties Katya (Catherine) Zeta-Jones and Pfeiffer (Katya in The Russia House) who are cat burglars and do gymnastics?  Because Connery represents Putin and his purported much younger gymnast lover Alina is represented by these actresses.

Michelle Pfeiffer's character in The Russia House (1990) is "cat" Katya (i.e. Putin's daughter is named Katya), but at one point in the film she calls herself Alina―the name of Putin's reputed lover.

Much more could be said...

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2807 on: May 13, 2016, 07:04:58 PM »
9. Again, after a long time without getting the DVD out. I still love it just the same.
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2808 on: May 13, 2016, 07:59:12 PM »
9. Again, after a long time without getting the DVD out. I still love it just the same.

Hear! Hear!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of the South
« Reply #2809 on: May 14, 2016, 01:30:05 AM »
"The Hunt for Red October" has the finest example of eating on camera.  Sean Connery as Captain Ramius eating his meal with gusto while discussing his plans with fellow officers is incomparable.  Perhaps it is the Illuminati influence. 
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2810 on: May 14, 2016, 01:58:31 AM »
"The Hunt for Red October" has the finest example of eating on camera.  Sean Connery as Captain Ramius eating his meal with gusto while discussing his plans with fellow officers is incomparable.  Perhaps it is the Illuminati influence.

I prefer Denethor in Return of the King gorging on chicken and grapes intercut with the Orcs slaughtering his men as Pippin sings that haunting song. Clearly symbolic of the Great Tribulation.

Offline William T

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2811 on: May 14, 2016, 12:28:46 PM »

I prefer Denethor in Return of the King gorging on chicken and grapes intercut with the Orcs slaughtering his men as Pippin sings that haunting song. Clearly symbolic of the Great Tribulation.

I thought he was eating cherry tomatoes, maybe that's why I missed the symbolism.

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2812 on: May 14, 2016, 07:20:08 PM »
Some might want to take note of the fact that actor Peter Firth, who plays political officer Putin in The Hunt For Red October, is short like Putin, perhaps only an inch or two taller, has blond thinning hair like Putin, and was also born in October like Putin, only a year difference in age.   

Vladimir Putin born 7 October 1952
Peter Firth born 27 October 1953

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2813 on: May 14, 2016, 07:45:34 PM »
Do tell us about the link between Tsar Vlad and Mary Badham. Surely, sharing the exact same birthdate would make for something much more substantial than with someone born a year and a few days later.

#popcorn.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2814 on: May 14, 2016, 08:10:24 PM »
Some might want to take note of the fact that actor Peter Firth, who plays political officer Putin in The Hunt For Red October, is short like Putin, perhaps only an inch or two taller, has blond thinning hair like Putin, and was also born in October like Putin, only a year difference in age.   

Vladimir Putin born 7 October 1952
Peter Firth born 27 October 1953

Lucky for Satan there was an actor who happened to fit those characteristics. Or do you believe that the Illuminati has science fiction genetic engineering capabilities, too?

Online scamandrius

• Musicians don't dance
  • Merarches
  • Why do I waste my time here?
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #2815 on: May 14, 2016, 08:19:12 PM »
X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2816 on: May 15, 2016, 09:18:06 AM »

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has (Eli Wallach) Tuco eating in front of (Lee Van Clef) Angle Eyes while in a Union prison.
Looks like slop and made my mouth water...truly disgusting while being enjoyable.

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2817 on: Yesterday at 08:24:36 PM »
Lucky for Satan there was an actor who happened to fit those characteristics. Or do you believe that the Illuminati has science fiction genetic engineering capabilities, too?

There are thousands of actors for the Illuminati to choose from.  They are always very specific about who they choose for every role, which is easily proven.  It was not a coincidence that they chose an actor of similar age and body characteristics as Vladimir Putin, to play a character in the film who is a political officer named Ivan Putin.  I suppose that it was also just a coincidence that the film The Hunt For Red October was released on March 2, 1990, President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev's birthday.  I suppose it is also just a coincidence that Putin is born in October, and the film is the "hunt" for a new Soviet President Putin, Mr. 'Red October'.

The Hunt for Red October (1990)
Release Dates
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ql_dt_2

Mikhail Gorbachev
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #2818 on: Yesterday at 08:41:13 PM »

What the verdict? I always loved X-men since I was a child, so a X-Men movie always peaks my interest

Offline Cyprian700

« Reply #2819 on: Yesterday at 09:14:51 PM »
Yes, I believe the Illuminati engineered HRH Prince Harry ("Hairy") Wales to have red hair, because the twin of Jacob, Esau, was said to come out red and hairy, and the prophet King David is also said to be red or ruddy.  It is the same word for red to describe Esau and David in the Hebrew, Greek, and Latin copies.  HRH Harry is Prince of Wales, and his supposed virgin mother Diana Princess of Wales, because St. David is the patron of Wales and the flag of Wales features a great red dragon :

King David was the eighth.   

Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these.  And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither. And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he. (1 Samuel 16)

The Illuminati are preparing Prince Henry Albert Charles David to be anointed king.  Prince Henry is King Henry the Eighth I AM, I AM, just as David was the eighth, and the beast of the Apocalypse is the eighth king:

And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. (Revelation 17:10-11)

Prince Harry (Potter) is "Henry the Eighth, I AM I AM."

And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?   And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

The I AM of Harry's Invictus Games is yellow for the sun, because Prince Harry (David) styles himself "Sol Invictus" the Unconquered Sun.  Notice the rays of yellow light emanating from the yellow I AM, just like beams of the sun.

Sol Invictus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus

"Sol Invictus ("Unconquered Sun") was the official sun god of the later Roman Empire and a patron of soldiers."

Why ought we suppose Prince Harrry has made his Invictus Games all about soldiers, i.e. "wounded warriors"?   Prince Harry is blasphemously declaring himself to be God, the I AM of Exodus 3:14, "Sol Invictius," the unconquered sun.

Why do you think his she-wolf mother Diana engaged in her landmine campaign?  Because the virgin moon goddess Diana is guardian of roads.

St. Augustine
The City of God - Book VIII:

"Although they would have Apollo to be a diviner and physician, they have nevertheless given him a place as some part of the world. They have said that he is also the sun; and likewise they have said that Diana, his sister, is the moon, and the guardian of roads. Whence also they will have her be a virgin, because a road brings forth nothing. They also make both of them have arrows, because those two planets send their rays from the heavens to the earth."

Offline byhisgrace

• High Elder
  • Memory Eternal to my Younger Brother
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #2820 on: Yesterday at 10:42:13 PM »
Very good one :)

It was that and Xmen: First Class that got me to watch the older movies.
Oh Holy Apostle, St. John, pray for us

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2821 on: Yesterday at 10:53:47 PM »

There are thousands of actors for the Illuminati to choose from.  They are always very specific about who they choose for every role, which is easily proven.  It was not a coincidence that they chose an actor of similar age and body characteristics as Vladimir Putin, to play a character in the film who is a political officer named Ivan Putin.  I suppose that it was also just a coincidence that the film The Hunt For Red October was released on March 2, 1990, President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev's birthday.  I suppose it is also just a coincidence that Putin is born in October, and the film is the "hunt" for a new Soviet President Putin, Mr. 'Red October'.

The Hunt for Red October (1990)
Release Dates
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ql_dt_2

Mikhail Gorbachev
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev

Really, if I was to choose between them I think I'd rather be some kind of Masonic Satanist than subscribe to your sad little tinfoil hat version of Christianity. All that research and paranoia just sounds exhausting and joyless.

Not trying to insult, just being honest.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:55:46 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2822 on: Today at 02:35:32 AM »
Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane and it was amazing. I was totally blown away by the atmosphere and the creepiness. John Goodman and Mary Winstead gave intense performances.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2823 on: Today at 07:25:14 AM »
Bill (yes, the great S-man). Apparently, the team behind Horrible Histories can't do anything short of pant-wettingly funny.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #2824 on: Today at 10:09:55 AM »
Yes, I believe the Illuminati engineered HRH Prince Harry ("Hairy") Wales to have red hair, because the twin of Jacob, Esau, was said to come out red and hairy, and the prophet King David is also said to be red or ruddy.  It is the same word for red to describe Esau and David in the Hebrew, Greek, and Latin copies.  HRH Harry is Prince of Wales, and his supposed virgin mother Diana Princess of Wales, because St. David is the patron of Wales and the flag of Wales features a great red dragon :

King David was the eighth.   

Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these.  And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither. And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he. (1 Samuel 16)

The Illuminati are preparing Prince Henry Albert Charles David to be anointed king.  Prince Henry is King Henry the Eighth I AM, I AM, just as David was the eighth, and the beast of the Apocalypse is the eighth king:

And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. (Revelation 17:10-11)

And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?   And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

The I AM of Harry's Invictus Games is yellow for the sun, because Prince Harry (David) styles himself "Sol Invictus" the Unconquered Sun.  Notice the rays of yellow light emanating from the yellow I AM, just like beams of the sun.

Sol Invictus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus

"Sol Invictus ("Unconquered Sun") was the official sun god of the later Roman Empire and a patron of soldiers."

Why ought we suppose Prince Harrry has made his Invictus Games all about soldiers, i.e. "wounded warriors"?   Prince Harry is blasphemously declaring himself to be God, the I AM of Exodus 3:14, "Sol Invictius," the unconquered sun.

Why do you think his she-wolf mother Diana engaged in her landmine campaign?  Because the virgin moon goddess Diana is guardian of roads.

St. Augustine
The City of God - Book VIII:

"Although they would have Apollo to be a diviner and physician, they have nevertheless given him a place as some part of the world. They have said that he is also the sun; and likewise they have said that Diana, his sister, is the moon, and the guardian of roads. Whence also they will have her be a virgin, because a road brings forth nothing. They also make both of them have arrows, because those two planets send their rays from the heavens to the earth."

While I don't think you are describing a specific movie here...your version of reality would make a really good flick. 

I hope you do not allow all this to mess with your peace and joy.

To a degree I agree with you that this world is kind of spinning out of control....however, our responsibility in all this, is not to figure out who is who and what is going on....but, in making our little corner of the world good...and godly.  God put you where you are for a reason...bring kindness and joy to where you are.

Never let all this "get" to you.  God is still in charge...no matter what insanity goes on around us.  We may not live another week to see the world explode...we may meet our Maker today....so, focus on self more than on external things.  Don't let it get to you so much.

I wish you peace.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2825 on: Today at 10:23:20 AM »

If Prince Harry ends up becoming king, he will be King Henry the Ninth.

*Poof* goes the argument 8)

Offline WPM

• Revolutionary Writer
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #2826 on: Today at 11:04:07 AM »
TimeCast StimulCast Monochrome Print

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
    • St. George Church
« Reply #2827 on: Today at 12:17:05 PM »

If Prince Harry ends up becoming king, he will be King Henry the Ninth.

*Poof* goes the argument 8)

Well dang, you have to bring facts into the discussion. ;)

Offline William T

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2828 on: Today at 12:21:42 PM »
Civil War.  Probably a top 3 or 4 "Avenger movie".  So take that for what it is.  I liked it a lot.  Would've been better if I wasn't around 2 five year old boys.  I'll have to watch it again when it counts to video.  I think one really needs to see winter soldier before this one.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
    • St. George Church
« Reply #2829 on: Today at 01:41:58 PM »
One of my local DVD stores is closing. Managed to scoop up some good discounts - a lot of movies around $3 each. Including "Freejack," which I saw when it came out, and will soon relive in all its tacky glory.  :D
« Last Edit: Today at 01:42:24 PM by biro »