OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 07:11:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for an article by Metropolitan emeritus Maximos of Pittsburgh  (Read 86 times) Average Rating: 0
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« on: August 24, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »

I was reading a book by Fr. Tadros Malaty, and he referenced what I believe was an article that seemed to criticize the Roman Catholic view of the "development of doctrine".  It's called "Continuity and Renewal: Understanding and Confessing today, whilst the sources, the doctrine of the Holy Trinity taught in the Creed, in the Churches with a Greco-Roman cultural and philosophical background" (I'm not kidding, that's what Fr. Tadros has it as).  Fr. Tadros wrote his book in 1991, so whatever he read from Metropolitan Maximos was probably earlier, and it sounded like it was in the setting of an ecumenical discussion with Roman Catholics.

So, if anyone has any idea where I can find this article, I would be most obliged.  Thank you.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »

A quick search of various parts of the title and various parts of the text didn't bring up much for me (though it was also quoted on oc.net before)...  Undecided

Joe: 'Is it creepy for a 35 year old guy to date a 19 year old girl?'
Desiree: 'Not if she's the one to push for the relationship, babe.'
Joe: 'But...'
Desiree: 'You'll shut up if you're smart.'
Joe: 'Ok.'
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 02:23:05 PM »

A quick search of various parts of the title and various parts of the text didn't bring up much for me (though it was also quoted on oc.net before)...  Undecided
Ya, this post is where I get my interest for the paper from.  EA and I read the same source that lead me to making this thread.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: