OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 09:58:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help me.. confused about Evergetinos  (Read 193 times) Average Rating: 0
Doof

Faith: Inquiring into Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Kolkata, India

« on: October 16, 2014, 10:54:38 AM »

Hello, I'm a Catholic but interested in reading the Evergetinos for spiritual benefit. But it seems there is only one volume available in one online store here in India, and it's the volume three. Can someone help make sure whether it's the right book...

http://www.amazon.in/The-Evergetinos-Complete-Hieromonk-Patapios/dp/0911165487/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412245154&sr=8-1&keywords=evergetinos

I want to ask - 1) Is this an English translation and a good one at that? 2) Will there be any obstacle to reading the third volume before others, I truly can't find any other volumes. 3) Is the book listed the correct ISBN and a full volume out of four? 4) Because it says only '120 pages' and a blog said each volume is supposed to be 400 pages??? 5) Is 25$ a fair price for one volume?

Thanks. If anyone knows any other Indian store, then please feel free to tell me.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:55:10 AM by Doof » Logged
liefern

Faith: Catholic exploring Orthodoxy with serious intent
Jurisdiction: USA

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 06:58:53 PM »

Here is one place where the Evergetinos are available.

http://www.ctosonline.org/monastic/EvCT.html

Doof

Faith: Inquiring into Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Kolkata, India

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 08:45:41 AM »

Hello. It seems that the book I posted is actually a sub-volume of a full volume, I'm not paying 25$ for that.
liefern, I do not want to order from overseas due to customs hassles in India. Do they handle customs on your behalf?
So since I can't get the Evergetinos, can anyone tell me about good books to read that takes stuff from the Evergetinos? I've already read the Penguin Sayings of the Desert Fathers by Benedicta Ward. What other books are there? (I usually purchase from Amazon.com for Kindle books, and Amazon.in for paperbacks.) Thanks.

P.S. I wish the CTOS guys would list the books on the Amazon subsites. Why deprive citizens of other countries the opportunity to read such a fine book.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: