OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 03:00:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye, Good Men  (Read 1253 times) Average Rating: 0
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« on: December 20, 2002, 01:14:52 PM »

Goodbye, Good Men by Michael S. Rose

How Liberals Brought Corruption into the Catholic Church.

I reading it now and was wondering if anyone out there has any comments. Huh

JoeS
Seraphim Reeves
Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2002, 07:05:34 PM »

I recently acquired a copy and have started reading it over the last few days.

Much of it is not a surprise; the incidents in it reflect things I have read elsewhere, and also some of the experiences I've had recounted to me of other former RC seminarians (one of whom is now a fellow seminarian with my brother at an SSPX seminary.)

If what this book recounts can be described in only one word, it is "tragic".  It also demonstrates the incredible corruption of the contemporary RCC; for the problems in their seminaries simply cannot be isolated, but betray a problem in the RC heirarchy as well.  It also doesn't make it too surprising that there is a problem with pederastry in many RC parishes (often wrongly characterized as a "pedophile problem"; the truth is this is no more pedophilia than a case of a dirty old man forcing himself on a teen-aged girl...these are simply "grown up" queers abusing their authority over young men.)

On the plus side for conservative, more traditional minded RC's, the book demonstrates where the problem doesn't lie; the sex-scandals are not the fault of a "repressive" clerical celibacy (since truth be told, the men who have traditionally gone into the RC priesthood knew full well what they were in for, just as an Orthodox Christian knows what he's in for when he becomes a monk), as misguided as many Orthodox may see this policy.  Truth be told, this is a problem totally antithetical to the old RCC, and indeed to even arrive at it requires a great perversion of Roman Catholic piety and teaching (which goes hand in hand with the homo-antics described in this book, and other similar works.)

Seraphim

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: