Author Topic: I need prayer for my schooling  (Read 343 times)

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Spiritually homeless
I need prayer for my schooling
« on: August 29, 2011, 02:12:33 PM »
The new semester began today.

This is the one that's going to be my trial by fire. I have my senior thesis on top of three other upper division courses. I'm already trying to fight back the despair. Please pray for motivation for me, that I quickly narrow down my topic and hit the ground running-that's the only way I'm going to make it through I think. Too be honest, I'm scared.

Also, please pray that my student aid will come quickly. I can't bare for my mom to have to spend a lot of money on me again.

Lord Jesus, have mercy on me a lazy fool.

At least this will hopefully be the last really intensive semester. The next one will just be tying up some lose ends before I graduate.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: I need prayer for my schooling
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »

May the Lord have mercy, open you mind, grant you wisdom, and excitement to tackle the task before you with optimism and energy!

Don't be scared!  Look at it as a great way to learn something, and to let your juices flow!

Have fun with it!  It's almost over!  ;)

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline zekarja

• High Elder
  • O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 02:30:38 PM »
Through the prayers of our venerable father John Cassian: Lord, have mercy!

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »
Thanks.  :)

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 11:49:11 PM »
Through the prayers of St.Luke and St.Paul Lord have mercy! For the motivation to start what needs to be started for the diligence that is needed to do what needs to be done for the perseverance that is needed to finish what is started, and for the abundance of all that is needed in his life, Lord we pray that You give Your servant Volnutt according to Your will.Amen!
To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.