OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 03:00:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tests on relics of Chrysanthus and Daria  (Read 379 times) Average Rating: 0
Jerempire

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

ICXC NIKA

« on: August 24, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »

My first post Grin, I saw this article and everything seems to check out and it does seem to be the relics of Chrysanthus and Daria. I know there was a National Geographic special in April on this and wish I could see it on T.V. I was wondering if anybody saw the special or what your opinions on the reliability of the bones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1378866/Tests-relic-bones-support-legend-Christian-saints-buried-alive-Ancient-Rome.html

"Ask with tears, seek with obedience, knock with patience. For thus he who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" St. John Climacus
LBK
Moderated
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:54:03 PM »

The Orthodox Church has venerated them as saints and martyrs for many centuries. To me, this is enough "proof" of their sanctity.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:53:30 AM »

My first post Grin, I saw this article and everything seems to check out and it does seem to be the relics of Chrysanthus and Daria. I know there was a National Geographic special in April on this and wish I could see it on T.V. I was wondering if anybody saw the special or what your opinions on the reliability of the bones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1378866/Tests-relic-bones-support-legend-Christian-saints-buried-alive-Ancient-Rome.html

Welcome.

The dailymail is a tabloid magazine.

You should find a more legitimate source before believing what you read there. Google around. See what you find.

If you don't see it on the AP or the like. Grain of salt.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Jerempire

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »

ya. but like I said it was on a special on nat geo and i think its been approved by the vatican.

"Ask with tears, seek with obedience, knock with patience. For thus he who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" St. John Climacus
Tags: Daria  Chrysanthus  relics  Testing 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: