Author Topic: Tests on relics of Chrysanthus and Daria  (Read 461 times)

Offline Jerempire

• ICXC NIKA
Tests on relics of Chrysanthus and Daria
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »
My first post ;D, I saw this article and everything seems to check out and it does seem to be the relics of Chrysanthus and Daria. I know there was a National Geographic special in April on this and wish I could see it on T.V. I was wondering if anybody saw the special or what your opinions on the reliability of the bones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1378866/Tests-relic-bones-support-legend-Christian-saints-buried-alive-Ancient-Rome.html
"Ask with tears, seek with obedience, knock with patience. For thus he who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" St. John Climacus

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Tests on relics of Chrysanthus and Daria
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:54:03 PM »
The Orthodox Church has venerated them as saints and martyrs for many centuries. To me, this is enough "proof" of their sanctity.
No longer posting here. Anyone is welcome to PM me or email me at the address in my profile.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:53:30 AM »
My first post ;D, I saw this article and everything seems to check out and it does seem to be the relics of Chrysanthus and Daria. I know there was a National Geographic special in April on this and wish I could see it on T.V. I was wondering if anybody saw the special or what your opinions on the reliability of the bones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1378866/Tests-relic-bones-support-legend-Christian-saints-buried-alive-Ancient-Rome.html

Welcome.

The dailymail is a tabloid magazine.

You should find a more legitimate source before believing what you read there. Google around. See what you find.

If you don't see it on the AP or the like. Grain of salt.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline Jerempire

• ICXC NIKA
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »
ya. but like I said it was on a special on nat geo and i think its been approved by the vatican.
"Ask with tears, seek with obedience, knock with patience. For thus he who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" St. John Climacus