OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 04:14:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do I go to redeem my stars?  (Read 1238 times) Average Rating: 0
AWR
Greetings from the Southern Jersey Shore.

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Expelled from Paradise

« on: August 23, 2011, 01:07:26 PM »

This is my 120th post and I see that I was granted 3 stars.   I see many folks here with hundreds, sometimes thousands, of posts and only one stare.  So I suspect the prizes must be pretty good. What can I get for my three stars?   
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »

The reduction of stars is a technical error when one receives an access to private fora.

Sorry.
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »

This is my 120th post and I see that I was granted 3 stars.   I see many folks here with hundreds, sometimes thousands, of posts and only one stare.  So I suspect the prizes must be pretty good. What can I get for my three stars?

Two more and you can get a refill at Starbucks.

Edit: Just for the record, I don't get coffee from there (too expensive), they just showed up first on a search for stars that can be redeemed.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:17:44 PM by Melodist » Logged

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
AWR
Greetings from the Southern Jersey Shore.

Expelled from Paradise

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »

That’s too bad, I had my heart set on a smart phone, but was going to settle for an E-Book reader with a study bible pre-loaded.   Thanks anyway Mike.

And Melodist, thanks for the research, but all this posting for a cup of coffee? Na.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 02:34:57 PM »

The reduction of stars is a technical error when one receives an access to private fora.

Sorry.

It's awesome.

Some people care and ask for them back.

I think the colors of folks' names are actually related to stars not posts and the like, which would explain why mine has never changed, since I've been at one star for a while and will remain despite the thousands of points of light I have brought here.

Then again, I dunno. Never saw a good explanation for the board name colors.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »

This is my 120th post and I see that I was granted 3 stars.   I see many folks here with hundreds, sometimes thousands, of posts and only one stare.  So I suspect the prizes must be pretty good. What can I get for my three stars?

Edit: Just for the record, I don't get coffee from there (too expensive), they just showed up first on a search for stars that can be redeemed.

lulz. Garbage anyhow. White Castle & Dunkin Donuts > Starbucks. Unless you like your coffee over roasted so that is still tastes somewhat like coffee after all the sugar, cream, syrups and the like.

Kasatkin fan
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Archdiocese of Canada

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 02:52:36 PM »

Never noticed the stars before? Surely they must have some use. Can I chuck them at people I disagree with?
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 02:55:07 PM »

Never noticed the stars before? Surely they must have some use. Can I chuck them at people I disagree with?

That is so mid-80's.

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »

lulz. Garbage anyhow. White Castle & Dunkin Donuts > Starbucks. Unless you like your coffee over roasted so that is still tastes somewhat like coffee after all the sugar, cream, syrups and the like.
Who the heck would get a coffee from White Castle? I still can't get past the burgers. What I hated about moving away from NJ. Sad No WC here.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »

Who the heck would get a coffee from White Castle? I still can't get past the burgers. What I hated about moving away from NJ. Sad No WC here.

It is good coffee. People who move away from areas with WCs get it mailed to them.

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »

That is so mid-80's.

Loved that movie. 

I even had a subscription to Ninja Magazine.  My friends and I would get dressed up in our ninja gis and prowl through the neighborhood at night.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Moderated
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »

It is good coffee. People who move away from areas with WCs get it mailed to them.
and have the hambergers brought by plane.  I kid you not.

Reminds me of my dear departed father, his memory be eternal:every sat. we would go to WC where he would get a Bostom coffee with extra cream. Ah, the memories of childhood and its innocence.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
Moderated
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 03:31:14 PM »

LOL.  I'd give you mine, but I finally got them when my youger son complained I didn't have as many stars as everyone else.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 03:36:32 PM »

Reminds me of my dear departed father, his memory be eternal:every sat. we would go to WC where he would get a Bostom coffee with extra cream. Ah, the memories of childhood and its innocence.

There's an old *expletive* up in Michigan who nearly died when WC sold their frozen burgers they sold in grocery stores to another company. The product changed slightly and this old *expletive* knew something was rotten upon his first bite and found out.

Had to figure out a way to get the old *expletive* his fix.

God love him.

Looks WCs tonight. With Orange Drink, or whatever they call it nowadays.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »

Oh and *expletive* Krystal!

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 03:45:15 PM »

I would totally have WC shipped to me, but I don't need to look any more crazy than I already do. I get my fix about once a year when I visit the family.

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »

Never, ever had one.  I took one look at them when I was in Chicago and, even though I'm a burger fiend, I said, "Where can I get a real burger?"

My friend's roommates refused to speak with me after that for the rest of my visit.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 04:14:44 PM »

I would totally have WC shipped to me, but I don't need to look any more crazy than I already do. I get my fix about once a year when I visit the family.

I have all sortsa laws. One is: the degree you have failed in life is directly proportional to the density of WC you have in your area.*

I can get to no fewer than 6 within a 12 minute car ride. As the bird flies I think I have like 16 within 12 miles of me.

One is awesome. Double drive thru, with a dumb waiter to handle to lower level.

Now when people say the WCs are better than crack, they are close, because typically you can grab that along with your slider at any of the six surrounding me.

*This assumes you live in the WC belt.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 06:47:55 PM »

I lost my stars and my Site Supporter thing.
ialmisry
Moderated
Hypatos

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 06:51:30 PM »

There's an old *expletive* up in Michigan who nearly died when WC sold their frozen burgers they sold in grocery stores to another company. The product changed slightly and this old *expletive* knew something was rotten upon his first bite and found out.

Had to figure out a way to get the old *expletive* his fix.

God love him.

Looks WCs tonight. With Orange Drink, or whatever they call it nowadays.

I was in there last year or so with my sons, and found out they orignated out of Wichita. I didn't know anything came out of Kansas.

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 07:03:05 PM »

Eat a burger for me tonight. Seriously, not joking. That stuff is crack to me.

I was contemplating buying the frozen burgers, some lard, and going to town on that bad boy.

--
--
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »

Eat a burger for me tonight. Seriously, not joking. That stuff is crack to me.

I was contemplating buying the frozen burgers, some lard, and going to town on that bad boy.

I have a WC set of rules that determine when I am allowed to eat them, otherwise I would eat everyday day.

I always get cheese with the pickle.

I seriously want to hit people who forgo the pickle.

And I challenge you to at the height of a crave for a WC to eat at Krystal.

To me, what happens afterward under those conditions should exonerate anyone of any crime.

Kasatkin fan
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Archdiocese of Canada

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 07:36:59 PM »

Who did you throw them at?
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 07:38:17 PM »

I wish.

They just vanished.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 08:06:22 PM »

I wish.

They just vanished.

Let not the left know what the right and all that.

(no riddle)

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 08:07:20 PM »

What? Oh, forget it.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 08:21:23 PM »

What? Oh, forget it.

Good, got one.

First:

The above is a clear Scriptural reference. This being a board for the discussion of Orthodox Christianity. I would think such a well known reference would be known.

Probably poor assumption on my part.

Next:

You were remarking about how you lost the sign you wear showing everyone you gave money to OC.net.

Next: If you knew the Scriptural reference I was obviously making reference to, and what the point of Christ's words were, you would see I was making an ironic reference to the fact that you are mentioning you lost the proof of your donation. Which is contrary to the content of the passage of Scripture.

So in a manner in which you didn't intend to let the left know what the right was doing, you did, but then told us about it. Impiety -> Piety -> Impiety.

Hence the ironicals and passing joke and chance for self-deprecation. NBD.

Ain't that complicated. Good fun and all that.

(no riddle)

Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »

I always wondered if they are O, B, A, F, G, K or M stars?  Shocked    That's assuming they are part of the main sequence. Wink
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »

I always wondered if they are O, B, A, F, G, K or M stars?  Shocked    That's assuming they are part of the main sequence. Wink

Oh you riddler! //:=)

(no riddle)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:32:39 PM by orthonorm » Logged

mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 05:19:25 AM »

Report that to FrChris if that's bothering you.
Volnutt
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant Universalist

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 06:50:11 AM »

I always wondered if they are O, B, A, F, G, K or M stars?  Shocked    That's assuming they are part of the main sequence. Wink
Oh be a fine girl, kiss me!

Herr Jesus Christus, Sohns Gottes, erbarme dich meiner, eines Suenders.
Tags: stars 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: