OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 11:00:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Return of whatever is making me exhausted  (Read 809 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« on: August 22, 2011, 10:39:23 PM »

All,

What I had hoped to be a nasty and protracted battle with a weird virus seems to be something else.

Felt fantastic for the couple weeks to only fall asleep last Friday and sleep though till Monday around 10 AM with maybe 7 hours of being awake in between.

I feel like I have the flu without a fever and sleep pretty much all the time.

I lack health insurance, time missed from work means no pay, and I am a irritable jerk to begin with.

The above coupled could (will) with the relapse of whatever is going on make me an even bigger jerk than usual.

Please pray that I use my energy I have productively and harm no one and that God doesn't send to me a spirit of sloth, vanity, self-pity and the like. IOW, that I just don't just lie around wishing things were different.

And please pray for others who in no matter what state of health they are in have no one else to pray for them.

And for pray for this board, as my snooze-fest evidently translates into this board having one as well. //:=)

(I just can't help myself.) 

Thank you all for your prayers and words of support.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:50:38 PM »

I'm considering whether I should be snarky and comment about how there are also several other illustrious posters who are MIA as of late, but okay, we miss you, too. Wink

Lord have mercy.

I know about the health insurance, so God is all I got, too. Take care of yourself and hey, you should spend all of your time in prayer and fasting so the time isn't wasted. Or rest and drink lots of fluids. Or both. Hope your condition improves soon.

Liora

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:55:59 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

It is a frustrating thing to be unwell with no explanation, especially in ongoing.

Take care of yourself.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:11:13 AM »

I prayed for you at the piano which allows me to express things for which I have difficulty finding words. I really care about you and I hope you will start to feel better soon.
I hope this will give you a little bit of peace before the coming storm of normal life:
http://www.youtube.com/user/savinayannatou#p/a/AF92FDD46D4ECD4E/1/KGYSOsJAQzY
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 02:16:30 AM »

Lord have mercy, friend.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 06:12:05 AM »

Not meaning to play "internet doctor," but the first thought that came to mind when I read this was, "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome." I know you don't have the scratch for a doctor, but maybe it's something to think about anyway?

I'll be praying. Sad
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 06:58:53 AM »

I hope and pray you feel better dear, Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 07:22:36 AM »

Not meaning to play "internet doctor," but the first thought that came to mind when I read this was, "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome." I know you don't have the scratch for a doctor, but maybe it's something to think about anyway?
Problem is that if he has CFS (which is difficult to determine definitively), he doesn't really need a doctor for that, because there's not much you can do. It's for the 300 other illnesses that you seem to get in association.

Lord have mercy.

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 07:26:38 AM »

Problem is that if he has CFS (which is difficult to determine definitively), he doesn't really need a doctor for that, because there's not much you can do. It's for the 300 other illnesses that you seem to get in association.

Lord have mercy.
I know. I guess I just thought labeling the problem might bring him some solace.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 07:36:36 AM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to be flip. I actually suffer from CFS (and its associated many problems). It actually was a solace to find out what was wrong with me  but difficult to adjust to a permanent lifestyle change, which includes not being able to work out of the house for a full-time job.

Sorry to wax contemplative on your thread. Hoping that your condition isn't so permanent!

--
--
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »

Lord, have mercy!  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Make sure you are getting enough vitamins!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 09:45:54 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 03:40:48 PM »

Thank you all. Feeling a little better, which means nothing other than I have to use my times when not watching an instrument to get some stuff done.

Hope to by the end of the week to have my medical records released to me from my initial blood panel. And weigh my options of where to go from there.

If only my BFF, hadn't dumped me a few months ago . . .

Having a brilliant physician for a best friend is awesome health care.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to be flip. I actually suffer from CFS (and its associated many problems). It actually was a solace to find out what was wrong with me  but difficult to adjust to a permanent lifestyle change, which includes not being able to work out of the house for a full-time job.

Sorry to wax contemplative on your thread. Hoping that your condition isn't so permanent!

It isn't the case. It is a clear immunological response. Certain white blood cells are low. About four years ago I went for a routine exam and my doc called me a couple days later insistent that I come back to have my blood drawn again.

Evidently, I was so immuno compromised he didn't believe the first results. But I felt fine.

Had all the usual suspects tested: auto-immune, HIV viral load, and the like.

Nothing.

A month later. Blood count just fine. Dr. chalked it up a viral infection I must have had.

There is a reason my white blood cell count is low (shockingly so evidently). Was hoping it was another case of a weird virus thing.

Still could be I guess.

Unfortunately, my regular doc I cannot afford to see would be great, because the pattern of my white blood cell abnormality is nearly textbook of initial HIV infection, as it was last time. And my symptoms are textbook initial HIV infection symptoms as well when people have them or notice them.

So the first thing a clinic will suggest will be an HIV anti-body test (not viral since no insurance) to rule that out first, which takes forever. Although I have been through this before. And am about as low risk for HIV as you can be. And have had a similar constellation of symptoms in the past and was HIV negative as found via a viral load test.

But clinic docs ain't gonna trust someone about the above. So I am trying to get my medical history, so we can skip that.

There are still a lot of docs who think straight, non-IV drug using men are actually capable of getting HIV.

More likely to win the lottery.

Only group safer: non-IV drug using lesbians.

/rant

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:57:46 PM by orthonorm » Logged

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »

I prayed for you at the piano which allows me to express things for which I have difficulty finding words. I really care about you and I hope you will start to feel better soon.
I hope this will give you a little bit of peace before the coming storm of normal life:
http://www.youtube.com/user/savinayannatou#p/a/AF92FDD46D4ECD4E/1/KGYSOsJAQzY

Thank you very much! That was a nice and lovely post and piece of music.

Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 10:25:34 PM »

a good friend of mine had low blood cells (all of them) from ignoring the severe tiredness from her glandular fever. it turned into chronic fatigue syndrome and she needed a few months off work, but now she is fine.
to correct you on HIV, most cases in uk are in heterosexual non drug using men (and also ladies these days as well).
just because we have a lot more heterosexual men than homosexual men, and because there is a lot of heterosexual sex going on.
you only need to have sex with 1 person once who had sex with one person once who had sex with lots of people...
oh, and homosexual women are not as 'safe' as you said, as lots of them 'bat for both teams' as we say over here (source: my gay friends).

but i hope and pray u get well soon .
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 10:33:53 PM »

Praying for your good health.

On a side note:  HIV pops up in many demographics.  I was once sitting in a doctor's office and talked to an elderly lady there who had HIV.  Out of the blue it hit her.  She was always tired, etc.  She certainly wasn't a drug user or anything else.  Just a regular person, living her daily regular, seemingly boring life.

Kind of scary.  She was getting meds to set it all straight, and was doing fine.

I pray whatever you have, is easily cured.

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 10:47:42 PM »

Quote from: orthonorm
There are still a lot of docs who think straight, non-IV drug using men are actually capable of getting HIV.

Arthur Ashe...   Cry

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 07:30:22 AM »

Lord have Mercy

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 10:49:06 PM »

I would suggest a zinc test to check your levels. I found that I was low in zinc and as a result I was a complete zombie (fortunately, without all those nasty gooey bits rotting off). A zinc test isn't expensive and you can get one from a chemist (I believe you call that a drug store??). All the best. Hope you are feeling better soon.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: