OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 05:13:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you catch or adopt a fairy?  (Read 1471 times) Average Rating: 0
Oleg Anishchenkov

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church (The Moscow Patriarchate)

« on: August 21, 2011, 06:15:16 AM »

I would not recommend catching one or adopting one, even though I would love to! They don't tolerate humans. Don't even try they are way to clever, as are the real 'faries' anyway.

You should just leave them alone but also if you really want a fairy so bad first you must find one. The most important thing to keep in mind while searching for fairies is to believe that they are there to find opening yourself to other world possibilities. 

Any natural setting is home to fairies. Really doesn't matter if it's a roof top garden, or vast woodlands, but there must be Nature's hand at work. Forest, streams, ponds, beaches (dunes are great!), snow banks, waterfalls, birds'  nest, well you get the picture.

You can find fairies in a field at midday, by a stream or river, near trees and bushes, in a wood or at the bottom of your garden. If you can't find them there, look on flowers because fairies love them!

Or, build a fairy home, put things that are shiny -  put grass and dirt  in front and on the house. Leave a tiny drop of water! Put what you think a fairy would like! Get creative just build a miniature  house. Fill acorn tops with nuts, berries, and seeds.

Alternatively,  look for a ring of mushrooms. Fairies love to dance in them. Then build a net out of a spider wed and a stick. When the fairy sits down on the mushroom she/he will be caught.

Oh yeah! Give them some gold. You have to find a rainbow. Then go to the end closest to you and follow the rainbow. It's best if you constantly watch the rainbow because they don't like to stay; and leprechauns control the rainbow because leprechauns hate to lose their gold.

You cannot exactly adopt a fairy. Truthfully, I think it is mean trying to catch a fairy for your own amusement, but once you catch them, they can't disappear... as long as you take their wands away.

You can, however, become FRIENDS with a fairy. Being friends with a fairy means you'll see a fairy. Being friends with a fairy means you'll start seeing the BEAUTY of nature. To become friends, speak aloud at a nearby neighborhood garden, or if you have one, then one at your house! The garden must be outside, and it must be at least three yards wide. You must talk aloud for ten minutes at the least every single day. Talk aloud to them at least five times a day. Soon, you'll really start earning their trust.

And finally, say this chant:

Fairies fairies, sit upon my knee,
            I'm as kind as ever can be.
            I am not SELFISH nor HARMFUL!

Repeat the chant above. You can only HOPE...
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:15:52 AM »

If I want to catch a fairy, I just go down to one of our local gay bars.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »

your intelligence is matched only by your originallity

Proverbs 22:7
Oleg Anishchenkov

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 11:42:19 AM »

@ Admin
I wonder if there's any Wall of Shame for individuals like Punch on this forum?
Oleg Anishchenkov

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 11:57:05 AM »

Chto ty melesh (havkaesh),  bratushka?

Excuse me my French...
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »

@ Admin

Please read our Board Rules thread! We have already fielded multiple complaints regarding your posting behavior, and I believe it is due to your unfamiliarity with the norms of behavior on this site.

Chto ty melesh (havkaesh),  bratushka?

Excuse me my French...

Again...please read the Board Rules thread! We also ask for translations into English of non-English phrases..

You have 24 hours to do so!

+FrChris
Admin
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:07:28 PM by FrChris » Logged

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Oleg Anishchenkov

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 01:30:48 PM »

@ Admin

Please read our Board Rules thread! We have already fielded multiple complaints regarding your posting behavior, and I believe it is due to your unfamiliarity with the norms of behavior on this site.

Chto ty melesh (havkaesh),  bratushka?

Excuse me my French...

Again...please read the Board Rules thread! We also ask for translations into English of non-English phrases..

You have 24 hours to do so!

+FrChris
Admin

1. @ FrChris,
Why do your "norms" of behaviour on this site  defend   homosexuals like Punch whose comment to my post is  shameful and disgraceful?  Is this an Orthodox forum?

2  @ FrChris,
You wrote: "We have already fielded multiple complaints regarding your posting behavior,.."
Please send me the title of my post (or the posts) that may be the subject to complaints.
I
3. @Punch,
Don't you think that your comment to my post is nothing but a shame. In 1999 - 2000 I was in Grachanica (Pristina) with the Russian military contingent and lived in Devichiy Monastery for 8 months . I am writing this to remind you what Church you belong to (you claim that you belong to the Serbian Church)!

4 @ Any one who speaks Ancient Russian or Modern Serbian
 Please prove that the phrase I wrote (Chto ty melesh, bratushka?) is translated as the following " What are you talking, dear brother?" I wrote it the Slavonic language for Punch

5.@/
Is here any one on this English speaking forum who can say just a word in my support?

Apparently, you did not read the Board Policies section.  I will discuss your comments privately (which is something else that you would have known IF you had read the Board Policies thread). Since you ignore the site's policies even after being instructed to do so, we will have to moderate all your posts until you demonstrate the ability to participate meaningfully here.

+FrChris Admin
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »

This is a public forum. It has some private sections, but most of the board is open to anyone who looks it up and registers. People are going to have different opinions; some of them will be right, and some of them will be wrong. I think the staff of this site try to follow a policy like that of the Church: they don't tell you you're always right, but they show mercy by allowing people to stay, so they can learn something and not be totally beyond the Church's reach.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 02:01:20 PM »

I thought the original post was a joke, so I responded in kind.  If I misunderstood, I am sorry.

Oleg - I work in a powerplant.  We do not believe in fairies, at least not once we are older than five years old.  Also, in this country, a fairy is one of the more kind words used for homosexuals.  So if ANYONE that I know personally would read "how do you catch or adopt a fairy", that is the first thing that would come to mind.  So no, I am not ashamed.  And I am certainly not a homosexual, unless you would consider me a lesbian in a man's body.  I also take no offense at your question in return, hence my answer above.

Also, so you know since you happen to be new here, I am not a Serb or a Russian.  I am a German.  If you are familiar with our Fairy Tales, you would know that we are not emos and have a sense of humor that is, to some, warped and perverted.  I make no apology for that, but I do for any offense that this caused you.

In your support, I did not see anything particularly offensive with any of your responses.  But then again, I have a very thick skin. And as to you accusing me of being a homosexual; I believe that the humor of my post was lost on you due to our language barrier to an equivalent degree that whatever you were trying to say in your poem was lost on me (we Germans also like long, bombastic sentences, too).  I take no offense at what you said.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: