OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 04:08:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roman Catholic Church needs to clean its house Puppet Mass Clown Mass and such  (Read 2921 times) Average Rating: 0
pasadi97
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: August 20, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »

This maybe is not as much as priests doing its the error named VATICAN II that puts priests and people maybe on path of error and possible in path of blasphemy.

Clowm Masses:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VazNU_pOA&feature=related

Puppet Mass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh_nqtp3VrU
Halloween Mass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadbbxPoBlk&feature=related
My understanding is that Vatican II made these Masses legal in the eyes of NEW Catholicism. Wondering if Union will make these Masses Legal somewhere else.
Explanation of what some people believe that happened there. They believe Modern After Vatican II is close with Protestantism remaining Roman Catholic in name:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc8lODfpxFo&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm2Oekpqrfw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPRsuFDdTzo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzdcJmf8_Us&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUELWCzmMaQ&feature=related

They should probably start from Early Church and clean the errors .

May God help everyone come to the truth of Eastern Orthodox Church.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:36:03 PM by pasadi97 » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 07:26:13 PM »

For the umpteenth time, which no one seems to care about, but here goes:

That first video is not by a Roman Catholic group.

It is by a breakaway group of people who left the Roman Catholic Church because they don't ordain women.

They formed their own group called Women Church Call to Action. (WCCTA)

Repeat: that is not a Roman Catholic organization.

Why do you keep repeating this urban legend and accepting this lie as fact?

Donna Steichen wrote about this faction in her book Ungodly Rage. You would do well to read it. Unless, of course, you don't care about things like doing research and actually finding out whether things are true or not, before you repeat a rumor.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »

How about this one? This reffers to Roman Catholic Church, no?
Clown Masses:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VazNU_pOA&feature=related

RCC guys to the fight and to the prayer so God will return RCC to TRUTH in the eyes OF GOD. This is above humans and only prayer and God can save the situation. Eoc guys should jump in to help with prayer so that RCC comes to truth. Better fight there rather than home.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:50:49 PM by pasadi97 » Logged
Adela
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 09:28:08 PM »

I have lived in several cities (Youngstown, Columbus, Binghamptom, Rochester, Tampa) and have attended the most conservative of Catholic parishes to some very liberal ones. Never once have I witnessed a clown or puppet mass.   Yeah, there was one unfortunate Lenten service at a Newman Center that was led by a nun who had us all come up to the altar to take a rock from a basket and the rock was supposed to symbolize what was holding us down.  (No mention of sin, of course.). But, truthfully, clown and puppet masses aren't anywhere I've ever attended.  I've seen alot of very reverential worship and there is a grassroots movement in the Roman  Catholic church to increase the reverence in the liturgy.

Now, I will admit to there being polka and tamburitza masses occasionally  Cheesy
Paisius
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Wherever the wind blows......

Scheherazade

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 10:12:56 PM »

How many more threads do we need beating up on Roman Catholics?   Embarrassed

At least post it in the Orthodox/Catholic forum so they have a chance to defend themselves.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frédéric Bastiat
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 10:20:59 PM »

What about beating up on both the Catholics and the homosexuals in the same thread? Let's see, can we accomplish the feat?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:29:01 PM by augustin717 » Logged
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 10:37:01 PM »

What you have been witnessing since VII is not authentic Roman Catholicism.

If you want to truly know what has been going on, read "The Resurrection of the Roman Catholic Church" by Griff Ruby, available from Amazon, or online at http://www.the-pope.com/library.html
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:38:08 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »

Why do you keep repeating this urban legend and accepting this lie as fact?
When you have filthy Romanist souls like we do, even a lie that is aimed at pulling us towards the light of Holy Orthodoxy is virtuous.
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 11:50:06 PM »

I've been an RC  for almost my entire life and have attended many, many parishes.  I've never seen any type of mass or liturgical service which comes anywhere close to the strange and scandalous ones in these video's.  I've heard that some such events have occurred before in RC parishes, but as I understand it those are unapproved and isolated events and the offending parish is usually reigned in by the bishop when these events are made known to him.

If anyone seems to have noticed In recent years the RCC actually is (At least on an official level)Starting to move back to more traditional liturgical practices and devotions.  Much of the confusion of the past 50 years is abating and more traditional worship is gradually returning to everyday RC parish life.

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 11:58:06 PM »

What about beating up on both the Catholics and the homosexuals in the same thread? Let's see, can we accomplish the feat?
I believe deusveritsaest was knocked out in the first round.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 01:19:42 AM »

Just let this thread die...

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 02:12:05 AM »

I've been an RC  for almost my entire life and have attended many, many parishes.  I've never seen any type of mass or liturgical service which comes anywhere close to the strange and scandalous ones in these video's.
There you go stating facts. You should know by now that the loud minority on this forum doesn't know or care about what Catholicism is really about. They would rather find isolated instances of liturgical abuse and cite it as "proof" that the entire Church is corrupt.
LBK
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 02:38:34 AM »

They would rather find isolated instances of liturgical abuse and cite it as "proof" that the entire Church is corrupt.
elling

The presence of even isolated instances of such gross liturgical abuse is rather telling. I can confidently say that were such abuses to occur in any Orthodox parish, the "liturgy" would be stopped VERY quickly by the congregation, and the errant priest hauled before his bishop before he could blink.

We also have the example of blasphemous "icons" painted by Robert Lentz, a Franciscan friar. A major store which has long stocked them was ordered by the RC Bishop Michael Sheehan of Santa Fe to remove these images, and any stock which bore them, from their inventory. An agreement was supposedly made that all such stock would not be replenished once sold out. This was in 2005. To this day, these items are still freely for sale. Lack of episcopal oversight? Lack of obedience to episcopal decree? Can someone please explain?
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 07:49:34 AM »

Here we go again, step right up folks for the blah, blah, blah to begin anew. Sincere Orthodox, as do sincere Roman Catholics, take their faith seriously. Some people apparently would rather pridefully pick on the excesses of the fringe to attack the body of the whole rather than have a serious discussion.

Many of us Orthodox know of and could cite examples of odd, fringe-like excessive practices by some priests, some lay people and some monastics who purport to represent Orthodoxy. Would it serve any purpose for our Roman Catholic brothers and sisters to throw those out to us as being exemplars of Orthodoxy? OF COURSE NOT!

How would we react were such nonsensical attacks to be directed against us? I would hope that most of us would take my late mother's advice, turn the other cheek and 'consider the source' as we showed our brothers and sisters what the real truth of Orthodoxy is by how we live, how we pray and how we treat our brothers and sisters.

Enough already, especially on a Sunday morning.
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 07:59:05 AM »

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a member of this board. Rarely have I ever recommended this board to anyone because of threads like these.  Roll Eyes  Cry

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »

Anyhow, now is time for prayer to ask God for moving RCC to truth. If this would happen RCC people will be the principal beneficiaries.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:56:39 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
Adela
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »

Prayer is definitely needed, for everybody. To take away the human tendency to gloat and delight in the misfortune of others, for instance.

Now, look at this.  Look at this beautiful Catholic church that was just built and dedicated. It looks Byzantine and has a beautiful setting for the Tabernacle.  This beautiful church replaced one of those ugly 1960's/1970's structures.  The times they are a-changing!

And, please read the text that has the beautiful songs that were sung. This definitely wasn't a guitar mass Smiley

http://www.stpaulcatholicchurch.org/files/pdf/Home/st-paul-catholic-church-dedication.pdf
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 11:22:22 AM »

pasadil, i am going to directly address you now

You think that you can come here, slander the roman church, and then walk off all high and mighty.

IF you would validly criticize the romans, then we could go on and had a nice, valid, calm debate about these things.

However, you keep bringing up the same videos, of the same church or few churches in order to make yourself happy and content with your life.

I will give you props though. Spamming the boards with this vile and videos under different headings makes you look like you have a lot of resources and examples, until one takes the time to say "Hm, havent i saw that church before. oh, its the same one as before"

What you are doing is divisive, and how can we expect to bring the roman church back to Holy Orthodoxy, if we do not show them love and charity

If i had saw your posts before i was convinced of the truth of Holy Orthodoxy, you would have made me, and as such many, manny others, turn away from the Church
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 12:04:16 PM »

Because this thread is nothing more than yet another act of intellectual masturbation and Phariseeism, it's locked.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: