Author Topic: Glory to God!  (Read 859 times)

Offline sohma_hatori

• Earthbending Novice
  • High Elder
  • The Blind Bandit
Glory to God!
« on: August 20, 2011, 02:47:18 AM »
My time in college has always been a time of confusions about what i really am called to do. Recently however, after much reflection, prayer and consultations with our parish priest, I have felt the call to be a teacher. I feel like teaching is a job I would love, and that I can be genuinely be capable of being a good "foster father" figure to my future students. I want to be a good teacher, who will encourage great potential in my students and give them the fatherly boost they need. I really am so happy that finally I've been able to slowly discern my calling. Yet, I remained concerned that this may simply be the whispers of the demons of despondency, as right now my grades are terrible. But I do know for sure that I am not happy where I am right now (Political Science). While I like the social sciences, I don't think i can see myself serving in the academe 4-5 years from now. I feel like I would rather help people do stuff like that in the future, than be the one actually doing it. I pray though that this call is genuine, and that this is what God wills for me, that I become a good, if not a great teacher.

Please remember this sinner in your prayers.. I really hope that this time, I've found the place where I can plant my two feet and grow.
""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
  • No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...
Re: Glory to God!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 08:42:21 PM »
Glory to God!
The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:57 PM »
Glory to God!

I'll be praying for you.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
Thanks be to God.  :angel:
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline stavros_388

• OC.net guru
  • Unrest is the mark of existence.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
Glory to God, indeed!

Teaching is a wonderful occupation within which to serve and make a positive difference (and to learn patience, humility, and so on). Based on what you have written here, you have the right attitude to become a great teacher. May the Lord guide you!