Author Topic: Glory to God!  (Read 355 times)

Offline sohma_hatori

• Earthbending Novice
  • High Elder
  • The Blind Bandit
Glory to God!
« on: August 20, 2011, 02:47:18 AM »
My time in college has always been a time of confusions about what i really am called to do. Recently however, after much reflection, prayer and consultations with our parish priest, I have felt the call to be a teacher. I feel like teaching is a job I would love, and that I can be genuinely be capable of being a good "foster father" figure to my future students. I want to be a good teacher, who will encourage great potential in my students and give them the fatherly boost they need. I really am so happy that finally I've been able to slowly discern my calling. Yet, I remained concerned that this may simply be the whispers of the demons of despondency, as right now my grades are terrible. But I do know for sure that I am not happy where I am right now (Political Science). While I like the social sciences, I don't think i can see myself serving in the academe 4-5 years from now. I feel like I would rather help people do stuff like that in the future, than be the one actually doing it. I pray though that this call is genuine, and that this is what God wills for me, that I become a good, if not a great teacher.

Please remember this sinner in your prayers.. I really hope that this time, I've found the place where I can plant my two feet and grow.
""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
  • No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...
Re: Glory to God!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 08:42:21 PM »
Glory to God!
The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Online Volnutt

• Protokentarchos
  • Lunacy loves company
  • Faith: Might become Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:57 PM »
Glory to God!

I'll be praying for you.
Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and, if possible, speak a few sensible words. -Goethe

I once heard a monk say, “The person of prayer does not need to go any further than his own heart to find the source of all violence in the world.” -Fr. Stephen Freeman

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
Thanks be to God.  :angel:
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline stavros_388

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Catholic
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
Glory to God, indeed!

Teaching is a wonderful occupation within which to serve and make a positive difference (and to learn patience, humility, and so on). Based on what you have written here, you have the right attitude to become a great teacher. May the Lord guide you!
"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton