OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 08:23:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Ray of Hope for St. Nicholas Church at Ground Zero: Join the Cause!  (Read 2165 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: August 19, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »

There are new developments in the ongoing story of how New York City officials are rushing to build the Ground Zero mosquestrosity while throwing roadblocks in the way of rebuilding St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, which stood at the base of the World Trade Center towers until it was destroyed by Muslim terrorists on Sept. 11, 2001.  City officials have been dragging their feet and ignoring entreaties from supporters of the church.  Now at last, church members have some small bit of hope...

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Sunday Morning Costume Parade

I'm just here for the food.

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:47:20 AM »

What a horrible article! 

"Mosquestrosity"?  "Islamic supremacist grifters"?  The only thing this church and the Park 51 project have in common is that they both happen to be in Lower Manhattan.  The Port Authority is not overseeing the Park 51 project, and the city has nothing to do with the stonewalling against the church.

Also, the Port Authority could probably sue that news website for libel for claiming that they are trying to fabricate evidence.

He spoke it as kindly and heartily as could be; as if a man dashed a gallon of cold water in your broth and never doubted you'd like it all the better. 

- C.S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces
f.k.a. Matron.a
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 12:30:54 PM »

What a horrible article! 

"Mosquestrosity"?  "Islamic supremacist grifters"?  The only thing this church and the Park 51 project have in common is that they both happen to be in Lower Manhattan.  The Port Authority is not overseeing the Park 51 project, and the city has nothing to do with the stonewalling against the church.

Also, the Port Authority could probably sue that news website for libel for claiming that they are trying to fabricate evidence.

That's true, but government is not an immaculate chain of command, where everyone just follows orders in their own little vacua. Especially in the higher levels of local government. There are ways to get these things done, and while the guy stamping permits may not be stonewalling one or fast-tracking the other, the powers that be can get things done if they want them done.

But you're right, they probably could sue for libel because they have plausible deniability and these allegations cannot be proven. Doesn't mean things aren't happening behind closed doors. It happens in the smallest rural towns and townships, and it happens in the biggest cities on earth.

That said, back on topic, I pray this ray of hope brightens and expands! The whole situation is a disgrace.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:31:46 PM by bogdan » Logged
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 12:45:26 PM »

What a horrible article!

You may criticize Pamela Geller for many things, but not for not doing her homework. Infelicitous as her expression of the idea might be, it is based on hard research. She has tons of links from a wide variety of sources in support of her argument. These sources, which are out in the open and readily available to all journalists, have been conspicuously ignored.

It is sad that journalists no longer cover stories that disagree with their politics. It does us all a great disservice.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:49:48 PM by sainthieu » Logged
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »

What a delightful, articulate and well thought-out article!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
laconicstudent
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:57 PM »

Quote from: article
We are going to stand against this outrageous insult at Ground Zero on the 10th anniversary of the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans and destroyed St. Nicholas Church.  Book your travel arrangements now and be at our 911 Freedom Rally.  Stand with us for freedom and human rights, against the Islamic supremacist Ground Zero mosque, and for the rebuilding of St. Nicholas Church.  It’s a simple matter of justice.

Oh, the irony. A church is good, mosque is bad, but it is the Muslims who are "supremacist"? LOL.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:16:26 PM by laconicstudent » Logged
BoredMeeting
Loving the Life of a Council Member
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox/OCA

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »

We are going to stand against this outrageous insult at Ground Zero on the 10th anniversary of the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans and destroyed St. Nicholas Church.  Book your travel arrangements now and be at our 911 Freedom Rally.  Stand with us for freedom and human rights, against the Islamic supremacist Ground Zero mosque, and for the rebuilding of St. Nicholas Church.  It’s a simple matter of justice.

Oh, the irony. A church is good, mosque is bad, but it is the Muslims who are "supremacist"? LOL.
The church existed before the terror attacks. It should be restored.

Muslims build monuments where they've defeated their enemies (often on the foundations of a former church). Why should anyone in this nation support them in doing it here?
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »

The church existed before the terror attacks. It should be restored.

Muslims build monuments where they've defeated their enemies (often on the foundations of a former church). Why should anyone in this nation support them in doing it here?

Because,

1. They aren't doing it on the foundations of a former church.
2. Because they are doing it blocks away, not at ground zero.
3. Its none of your, nor my, nor anyone else's business what they want to build. This is the USA, if they bought the Ground Zero lot themselves and decided to build the biggest mosque in the city on it, it would be perfectly legal for them to do so.
sainthieu
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 08:11:30 PM »

Perhaps if you read Iranian Muslim, Amir Taheri's opinion, you might reconsider your own.
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »

Perhaps if you read Iranian Muslim, Amir Taheri's opinion, you might reconsider your own.

My opinion, his opinion and your opinion aren't really relevant. That is my point. They have the right to build a mosque in Manhattan no matter how angry it makes you or anyone else.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »

They may have the right, but, we don't have to "support" their efforts.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »

Nobody said that, it just strikes me as amusing when some segments of the population whine about how the secular USA is oppressing Christianity, and then rally to try and restrict the rights of Muslims.
Adela
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 09:01:04 PM »

It is very insensitive.  Sort of like how people fly Confederate flags down here in the deep South, even though it causes emotional pain to people whose ancestors suffered cruelly under slavery.  Sure, free speech but that doesn't mean others can't discuss the implications of the message.

Is there a building fund where we can donate to the rebuilding of the Greek Orthodox Church that was destroyed? 
Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »

Nobody said that, it just strikes me as amusing when some segments of the population whine about how the secular USA is oppressing Christianity, and then rally to try and restrict the rights of Muslims.

I agree - that inconsistency drives me crazy.  Who was that guy who said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?  Gandhi?  Martin Luther King?  Chuck Norris?  This is going to take a while.   Huh

He spoke it as kindly and heartily as could be; as if a man dashed a gallon of cold water in your broth and never doubted you'd like it all the better. 

f.k.a. Matron.a
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 09:58:57 PM »

It is very insensitive.  Sort of like how people fly Confederate flags down here in the deep South, even though it causes emotional pain to people whose ancestors suffered cruelly under slavery.  Sure, free speech but that doesn't mean others can't discuss the implications of the message.

Is there a building fund where we can donate to the rebuilding of the Greek Orthodox Church that was destroyed?  

Building a mosque that includes a community center blocks away is insensitive? People need to grow thicker skin, then. I don't think it is appropriate to expect Muslim New Yorkers to stop existing because of something extremists did nearly a decade ago.

I agree - that inconsistency drives me crazy.  Who was that guy who said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?  Gandhi?  Martin Luther King?  Chuck Norris?  This is going to take a while.   Huh

Lol, I know, right?  Grin
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:59:23 PM by laconicstudent » Logged
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 10:27:16 PM »

It all depends on what pair of glasses you're wearing.

As a secularist in support of the US's freedoms: The Islamic community has a right to build a mosque. One could argue bad taste, perhaps, but they cannot be denied building because of their faith. We shouldn't infringe on anyone's faith, because we all have equal protection under the law.

As a Christian: Not only is it possibly in bad taste and reek of political double standard, but I don't really care if I'm infringed upon their religion. As a Christian, my faith is the Truth of word and faith in God. Anything else, including Islam, is a fallacy created by men. Therefore, they're faith shouldn't be allowed to spread, both for our benefit and for their own, hopefully.

I'm going to need this.
Byron
Moderated
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Nationalist

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 03:24:36 AM »

Actually we have a duty to make it as difficult as possible for them to build new mosques anywhere they like with no doubt Saudi terror money and backing.

Anytime these people start buying up multi-million dollar plots of land there should be questions and investigations as to were their funding comes from. If it comes from Saudi or any other place like that, funds and other assets should be immediately frozen and appropriated by federal authorities.

SAY NO to Saudi bankrolling of global Islamisation!!! 

I. Metaxas - 4th of August Regime

"Country, Loyalty, Family and Religion".

Nationalism, Monarchy, Family and Orthodoxy.
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 03:27:15 AM »

Actually we have a duty to make it as difficult as possible for them to build new mosques anywhere they like with no doubt Saudi terror money and backing.

Anytime these people start buying up multi-million dollar plots of land there should be questions and investigations as to were their funding comes from. If it comes from Saudi or any other place like that, funds and other assets should be immediately frozen and appropriated by federal authorities.

Everything you have just suggested is illegal.  Roll Eyes
Adela
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 06:33:01 AM »

Does anyone know where to contribute to rebuilding the Greek Orthodox Church and to help them with their legal fees to overcome the obstacles they are facing?

Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 07:23:02 AM »

"These people".  "Saudi terror money".  Did you get these ideas from someone at church, or did you come up with them on your own?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:23:36 AM by Orual » Logged

f.k.a. Matron.a
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 08:49:22 AM »

Stop buying oil and all oil based products then. No gas or plastics.

Joseph
Byron
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 11:22:39 PM »

"These people".  "Saudi terror money".  Did you get these ideas from someone at church, or did you come up with them on your own?

Go back to sleep......

laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 12:29:39 AM »

Go back to sleep......

It was quite silly. Honestly, what kind of response were you expecting?
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 12:58:50 AM »

I sometimes feel that Muslims are our unlikely (and probably temporary) allies in our current spiritual battles in the West.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Byron
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 03:32:27 AM »

I sometimes feel that Muslims are our unlikely (and probably temporary) allies in our current spiritual battles in the West.

I wouldn't even go as far as that. History shows how terrible Islamic domination can be.

Those who in the name of "freedom of religion etc", support Islam and give it the red carpet to spread its false and dangerous beliefs in western countries, are only shooting themselves in the foot. This is one religion that is too dangerous and poses too much threat to be given free reign and encouragement.   

laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 03:35:48 AM »

I wouldn't even go as far as that. History shows how terrible Islamic domination can be.

Those who in the name of "freedom of religion etc", support Islam and give it the red carpet to spread its false and dangerous beliefs in western countries, are only shooting themselves in the foot. This is one religion that is too dangerous and poses too much threat to be given free reign and encouragement.   

You are welcome to lobby for a constitutional amendment anytime.
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »

Building a community center that contains a dedicated area for prayer blocks away is insensitive? People need to grow thicker skin, then. I don't think it is appropriate to expect Muslim New Yorkers to stop existing because of something extremists did nearly a decade ago.

Fixed.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »

Building a community center that contains a dedicated area for prayer blocks away is insensitive? People need to grow thicker skin, then. I don't think it is appropriate to expect Muslim New Yorkers to stop existing because of something extremists did nearly a decade ago.

Fixed.

Ah, thank you. I just didn't want to confuse everyone here by pointing out that detail since it really shouldn't make a difference.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »

Go back to sleep......

Facts are stubborn things: the Saudi government does manage a Fund whose stated purpose is the promotion of Islam in countries where Islam is not the established religion (Turkey even qualified under that definiton, as it is officially secular), and yes, the Fund has been linked to aiding various jihad groups.

For countries where Islam is the state creed, the Saudis have other "educational" endowments, which of course teach its Wahhabi militant fundamentalist form of Islam (btw, Qatar has the same as its state creed, with very different results): a while back there was a major controversy over textbooks supplied to Yemen, which denounced Shi'ism (Yemen is historically, and about half, Shi'ite, mostly Zaidi) as infidelity.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »

No, it is not.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 02:02:25 PM »

Go back to sleep......

Facts are stubborn things: the Saudi government does manage a Fund whose stated purpose is the promotion of Islam in countries where Islam is not the established religion (Turkey even qualified under that definiton, as it is officially secular), and yes, the Fund has been linked to aiding various jihad groups.

For countries where Islam is the state creed, the Saudis have other "educational" endowments, which of course teach its Wahhabi militant fundamentalist form of Islam (btw, Qatar has the same as its state creed, with very different results): a while back there was a major controversy over textbooks supplied to Yemen, which denounced Shi'ism (Yemen is historically, and about half, Shi'ite, mostly Zaidi) as infidelity.

I know.
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 02:05:56 PM »

No, it is not.

Systematically targeting Muslims by launching an investigation every time a Muslim purchases a plot of land over a million dollars, and confiscating that money if it originated in Saudi Arabia, a U.S. ally, is legal?

Just to clarify, if a Saudi prince, moves to the United States and buys a million dollar property, you think his funds should be confiscated?
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »

That there is 'profil'n'... and 'profil'n' is wrooonngg.  Grin

I'm going to need this.
Byron
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 10:46:31 PM »

No, it is not.

Systematically targeting Muslims by launching an investigation every time a Muslim purchases a plot of land over a million dollars, and confiscating that money if it originated in Saudi Arabia, a U.S. ally, is legal?

Just to clarify, if a Saudi prince, moves to the United States and buys a million dollar property, you think his funds should be confiscated?

No different to people or groups buying up property with proceeds from crime, money laundering etc. Or people buying up property with no visible, declarable income. They should be investigated.

Not to mention i totally disagree with non-residents/non-citizens being able to purchase property.

laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 05:56:58 PM »

No, it is not.

No different to people or groups buying up property with proceeds from crime, money laundering etc. Or people buying up property with no visible, declarable income. They should be investigated.

Actually, Saudis having money and spending it on real estate is different from all that. It is actually legal.

Not to mention i totally disagree with non-residents/non-citizens being able to purchase property.

Which would make immigration, not to mention moving between jurisdictions, difficult or impossible.
TheodoraElizabeth3
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »

Perfectly legal ways include opposing any municipal zoning variances the mosques might need to build. I've heard multiple cases of this tactic at least really delaying construction.

Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 11:34:01 PM »

Perfectly legal ways include opposing any municipal zoning variances the mosques might need to build. I've heard multiple cases of this tactic at least really delaying construction.

This tactic is also a nasty and unethical means to an unprofitable end. 

Forcing Muslims to fight tooth and nail to be able to build a place of worship is not a way to foster a spirit of peace and brotherhood.  It is, on the other hand, a great way to alienate Muslims from everyone else, and help extremist Muslims recruit new adherents.

f.k.a. Matron.a
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2011, 12:02:06 AM »

Just like the persecution and oppression of the Copts in Egypt is also legal. I don't even know why you suggest it, it is clearly unethical.
Byron
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 03:23:21 AM »

Forcing Muslims to fight tooth and nail to be able to build a place of worship is not a way to foster a spirit of peace and brotherhood.  It is, on the other hand, a great way to alienate Muslims from everyone else, and help extremist Muslims recruit new adherents.

Your post is the kind of liberal rubbish that is leading to the Islamisation of western countries. Muslims will never live with non-Muslims in the spirit of peace and brotherhood. Every Islamic majority country is the proof (even so called secular countries like Turkey). Limiting Islamic migration and making it as difficult as possible for them to build terrorist cells (mosques are big part of this network), is the only way forward.

You're as thick as a brick.

Byron
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 03:28:10 AM »

No, it is not.

Actually, Saudis having money and spending it on real estate is different from all that. It is actually legal.

Which would make immigration, not to mention moving between jurisdictions, difficult or impossible.

Non-US citizens (Saudis, Chinese, whoever) should not be legally allowed to buy real estate in the US.
Same should apply to Canada, Australia, NZ, Britain.

Do you support the sell out of your country to foreigners? Sounds like it.

A whole range of national interest issues arise from selling out to foreign forces including food and water security. Sell your prime agricultural land to foreigners and you are then at their mercy.

laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 03:55:10 AM »

Your post is the kind of liberal rubbish that is leading to the Islamisation of western countries. Muslims will never live with non-Muslims in the spirit of peace and brotherhood. Every Islamic majority country is the proof (even so called secular countries like Turkey). Limiting Islamic migration and making it as difficult as possible for them to build terrorist cells (mosques are big part of this network), is the only way forward.

Well, if you can't make a valid point, I suppose name-calling is better than nothing for some people.  Roll Eyes
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 03:57:17 AM »

No, it is not.

Non-US citizens (Saudis, Chinese, whoever) should not be legally allowed to buy real estate in the US.

A whole range of national interest issues arise from selling out to foreign forces including food and water security. Sell your prime agricultural land to foreigners and you are then at their mercy.

That's cute. You're right, all those people who immigrate are probably trying to destroy you.  Roll Eyes

Spare me the tin-foil hat conspiracy theories, I don't take them seriously.
Byron
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 06:24:13 AM »

No, it is not.

That's cute. You're right, all those people who immigrate are probably trying to destroy you.  Roll Eyes

Keep studying, because at the moment you have absolutely no idea about or awareness of the issues i am talking about.

TheodoraElizabeth3
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »

In my area even large evangelical congregations have had difficulties getting the zoning variances they need for expansion on current sites or at a new location, over concerns that seem largely to do with the congestion additional traffic would cause.

Years ago when I was a member of a suburban Episcopalian congregation that needed to expand, the neighbors fought tooth and nail against the expansion (not a large one) being approved. I was present at the zoning committee meetings. I'm surprised someone didn't pull out a gun. It was extremely contenious. The arguments against it had to do with too many people from outside the town (someone went down the street/through parking lot checking on the city stickers in the windows and counting how many were from what towns), issues from losing some green space and storm water runoff.

But the argument that had everyone rabid and foaming at the mouth was some guy getting up and yelling that a kid was going to be killed from someone driving down the street (it was a very busy residential street even on days when there were no church services - aka on weekdays). NO kid had been killed, but the guy was transferring his issues with traffic on weekdays to the church.
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2011, 02:48:33 PM »

No, it is not.

Keep studying, because at the moment you have absolutely no idea about or awareness of the issues i am talking about.

I hate to say this, but the onus is on you to prove this bizarre conspiracy theory of yours, not me.
Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 03:10:40 PM »

I take this as a compliment.

f.k.a. Matron.a
Byron
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 03:15:37 AM »

No, it is not.

I hate to say this, but the onus is on you to prove this bizarre conspiracy theory of yours, not me.

Sorry mate, unlike you, i work and work hard to earn a living for my family and my time is limited. I can spend maybe 10-15 minutes on this forum and don't have the time to educate you on what is happening. Try searching for food security/selling off of national assets, you will find many reputable websites.

Or ask Father Anastasios, he may want to enlighten you on the matter if he has the time or the inclination.

laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »

No, it is not.

Sorry mate, unlike you, i work and work hard to earn a living for my family and my time is limited. I can spend maybe 10-15 minutes on this forum and don't have the time to educate you on what is happening. Try searching for food security/selling off of national assets, you will find many reputable websites.

Or ask Father Anastasios, he may want to enlighten you on the matter if he has the time or the inclination.

If you don't have the time to prove your claims, don't waste my time with such obvious rubbish. No one here is inclined to research your conspiracy theories for you, when burden of proof is on you.

As the one making a positive claim, you, like the plaintiff, are responsible for making your case. If you can't, or pompously declare you are too busy to bother doing so, we will all just enjoy a chuckle at your theory's expense and ignore it.
Byron
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 02:57:29 AM »

Everything you have just suggested is illegal.  Roll Eyes
No, it is not.

That's cute. You're right, all those people who immigrate are probably trying to destroy you.  Roll Eyes

If you don't have the time to prove your claims, don't waste my time with such obvious rubbish. No one here is inclined to research your conspiracy theories for you, when burden of proof is on you.

As the one making a positive claim, you, like the plaintiff, are responsible for making your case. If you can't, or pompously declare you are too busy to bother doing so, we will all just enjoy a chuckle at your theory's expense and ignore it.

Take your juvenile "internet warrior" attitude and go jump. My time is too important to waste on your idiocy. That's my final comment on this thread.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:00:59 AM by Byron » Logged

laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 03:57:47 AM »

Everything you have just suggested is illegal.  Roll Eyes
No, it is not.

That's cute. You're right, all those people who immigrate are probably trying to destroy you.  Roll Eyes

Take your juvenile "internet warrior" attitude and go jump. My time is too important to waste on your idiocy. That's my final comment on this thread.

Good idea, hopefully you will grow up enough to realize that when you make claims, it isn't unreasonable to be expected to back it up. Since this fact of life is hardly limited to the internet, I hope your epiphany will come before you get in trouble at work or in the courts for making wild and bizarre claims while thinking you don't have to justify your words. Ta-ta!  Kiss
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:58:13 AM by laconicstudent » Logged
sainthieu
High Elder

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »

"The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers." Turkish Prime Minister Tayip Erdogon
Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »

"The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers." Turkish Prime Minister Tayip Erdogon

Right, and this draws a sharp contrast to Orthodox theology, which is utterly devoid of military imagery.   Roll Eyes

f.k.a. Matron.a
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: