Author Topic: Pregnant Mother Shot and Killed; Baby in Critical Condition  (Read 943 times)

Offline britgirl

• I'm a smarmy college student.
  • إسمي عائشة وأنا طالبة في جامعة :)
Pregnant Mother Shot and Killed; Baby in Critical Condition
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:40:40 AM »
Prayers for the family of this young woman and for her baby. Prayers also for the mother of this young woman, who will now be raising the two children while battling breast and bone cancer.
Lord have mercy.
<http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44174158/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/pregnant-teen-shot-dead-baby-fighting-his-life/#.Tk0xxYL2qzZ>
CHICAGO — A teenager six months pregnant was shot dead Tuesday night, but doctors were able to deliver her baby, who was "fighting for his life" in a hospital, according to local media reports.

Police identified the victim as Charinez Jefferson, 17. She was shot multiple times in the chest and head in the Marquette Park neighborhood, NBC Chicago reported.

Detectives said Jefferson was walking on a street with a male companion and several other people when someone opened fire.

"I really don't know what happened," her mother, Debbie Jefferson, told the Chicago Tribune. "She was going to the corner store. She stopped to talk to a guy she knew and someone drove up and opened fire. That's what I've been told. I got down there but they already roped it off. I couldn't get to her.

"I don't believe she was the intended target. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time," she added.

Paramedics found Charinez Jefferson in cardiac arrest and in critical condition. She was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead. Doctors were able to deliver the baby boy.

"The baby is pretty much fighting for his life," Debbie Jefferson told the Tribune. "He lost some oxygen and the doctors say there could be health issues."

The baby was in stable condition early Wednesday, a fire department spokesman told the Chicago Sun-Times. Hospital officials declined to release information on the baby Wednesday morning.

The slain teenager also has a 16-month-old baby.

No arrests have been made.
"Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." - Proverbs 16:3

"There never was a good war or a bad peace." --Ben Franklin

يا ربّ ارحم

It ain't me talking fast, it's just you listening slow.

International Relations: Middle East/Africa; Muslim Studies (B.A. 2014)

Offline zekarja

• High Elder
  • O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!
Re: Pregnant Mother Shot and Killed; Baby in Critical Condition
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »
Kyrie, eleison!

Offline Stephanos Nikolaos

• Hosanna in the highest!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:50:16 AM »
Lord, have mercy!
“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.” +Luke 6:27-29

Offline Severian

• My posts on this site don't necessarily reflect my current position on any given subject.
  • Taxiarches
  • Pat. St. Severus, pray for my family & friends
    • St. Severus of Antioch's Writings
  • Faith: Coptic Orthodox Christian
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »
Lord have mercy!
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die [...] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -The Lord Jesus Christ

No longer active on OC.net. Please pray for me and forgive any harm I might have caused by my ignorance and malice. Pls email me, don't send PMs.

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »
 Lord have Mercy!
To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 03:17:15 PM »
Lord have mercy.

:'(
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Maria

• Boldly Proclaiming True Orthodox Christianity
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
    • Saint Euphrosynos Cafe Discussion Forum
  • Faith: TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 03:23:58 PM »
Lord have mercy.
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart,
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 03:52:49 PM »
Lord, have mercy.
I don't typically presume to speak for Mor
You can presume to speak for Mor.  

How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline Cavaradossi

• 法網恢恢,疏而不漏
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 07:39:11 PM »
Lord have mercy!
Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.