OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 11:47:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: icons of St. Michael the Archangel  (Read 2979 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« on: August 19, 2011, 05:21:24 AM »

Hello!

I can't find an icon of Archangel Michael that I am particularly drawn too.  PLEASE give suggestions, thanks!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

St. Severus of Antioch, Crown of the Syrians

Partisangirl
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:21:02 AM »

A Coptic icon:

In solidarity with the "Nasara" (i.e. Christians) of Iraq & Syria

On hiatus from posting. PM me if you wish to contact me. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact

NOTE: Some of my older posts may not reflect my current views
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:36:43 AM »

I like these two:

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »

The one by Rublev at the Tretyakov
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »

I particularly like a style of Archangel Michael's icons where he is depicted with dark colors.

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Gamliel
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 11:50:37 AM »

I particularly like a style of Archangel Michael's icons where he is depicted with dark colors.
I have not seen this one before.  Does a vendor sell it?
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »

I have not seen this one before.  Does a vendor sell it?

that is exactly what I'm looking for!  thank you!

I was able to find it here: http://www.easterngiftshop.com/angels/archangel-michael-icon--IcAMike2.html

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Orest
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »

I noticed that the store recommended offers 4 pages of Eastern Catholic books so is it an Eastern Catholic store then?
In my neighbourhood no real Orthodox store would carry such items for fear of confusing the Orthodox faithful.

http://www.easterngiftshop.com/eastern-catholic--EasternCatholic.html
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 06:37:43 PM »

I noticed that the store recommended offers 4 pages of Eastern Catholic books so is it an Eastern Catholic store then?
In my neighbourhood no real Orthodox store would carry such items for fear of confusing the Orthodox faithful.

I believe it is.  The icon looks Orthodox to me, though.  And we know for sure that it was originally painted by an eastern Christian iconographer, not some hippie new-age "christian" artist.  That's good enough for me  Wink

I also noticed that they have sections with icons of Melkite/Maronite, Coptic, and Western saints.  very interesting, since I LOVE Coptic icons Smiley
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:39:56 PM by trevor72694 » Logged

Orest
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »

I believe it is.  The icon looks Orthodox to me, though.  And we know for sure that it was originally painted by an eastern Christian iconographer, not some hippie new-age "christian" artist.  That's good enough for me  Wink

I also noticed that they have sections with icons of Melkite/Maronite, Coptic, and Western saints.  very interesting, since I LOVE Coptic icons Smiley

personally I would try to buy from stores owned by Eastern orthodox Christians and not eastern catholics whoblur the lines between orthodoxy 7 catholicism.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: