OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 02:25:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Bruins player takes Stanley Cup to Serbian church in Vancouver  (Read 579 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: August 15, 2011, 08:21:46 PM »

Milan Lukic of the Boston Bruins was part of the lineup that recently captured the Stanley Cup. On Aug. 15, he brought the NHL trophy to a Serbian Orthodox Church in Vancouver. Hundreds of fans met with him there.

From the article:
Soon after the Cup arrived, he hoisted it out of its case and carried it through the airport to Carnegie's car. He was already running late to his first stop at the Serbian Orthodox Church in his native East Vancouver, but Lucic smiled as he briskly walked toward the parking lot and allowed every passerby an opportunity to get a quick glance at the famous silver trophy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 01:54:25 PM »

I think the way they carry Lord Stanley's Cup around like that among the general public is just awesome Smiley

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.
Tags: Boston Bruins Serbian Orthodox Church sports NHL hockey 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: