OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 05:32:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer book for young toddlers?  (Read 704 times) Average Rating: 0
Eugenio
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I love them all

« on: October 31, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »

I am a parent of a 3-year-old. I was wondering: Has anyone come out with a prayer book with prayers that could be said by very young (toddler) children?

Most Orthodox prayers are very wordy prayers that as far as I can tell, could only be mastered by older children. I'm looking for something much, much more basic, along the lines of "Lord protect me and my mommy and daddy."

Does anyone have recommendations for a prayer book aimed at that level? I've always believed you had to crawl before you can walk...
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 03:43:12 AM »

These are prayers from a Russian prayer book for little ones (I've translated them):

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and forever, and to the ages and ages. Amen.

Lord have mercy on my mother and father, my Godparents, and all my family.

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us.

Holy Angel of God who protects me, pray to God for me.

Holy Saint (name of patron saint), pray to God for me.

And, of course, the Lord's Prayer.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: