OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 07:21:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for my Holy Journey from Catholicism to Orthodoxy  (Read 1537 times) Average Rating: 0
Friarmoo32

Christe Eleison!

« on: July 15, 2004, 11:17:21 PM »

Hello everybody!   I ask that many prayers please be said for me that I can begin to attend Divine Services at my local Antiochian Orthodox Church.  I also ask, within the same context, that I will be able to eventually, be free from pressure from the Catholic Church (family that are Catholic) and guidence from the Holy Ghost for both of them.  Please friends, pray that I will be able to be one day, united with the People of God, in the Holy Orthodox Church.  Thank you and God Bless you!
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 11:22:07 PM »

You have the prayers of this old sinner.

Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
spiros

OC.net

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 11:56:39 PM »

I pray your journey leads you deeper to the fullness of truth.  I hope you find the incredible Antiochian hospitality that is the norm. Perhaps soon we can wish you, As our beloved Metropolitan Philip is fond of saying,WELCOME HOME!

Official Resident of 5th Century Cyprus
Friarmoo32

Christe Eleison!

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 12:06:18 AM »

Thank you both, the Anitochians are very friendly.  I only got to see 2 of them that were there, but they were very friendly for just meeting a stranger.  The Priest that was there just left, so there schedule is screwed up right now, I was invited to go to Divine Liturgy this Sunday, but I dont think that I can.  I hope to though, more prayers! ;-)
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 09:08:34 PM »

Prayers!

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 01:00:40 AM »

Friarmoo 32,

I will pray for your journey, as well as pray for the Church of Rome.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: