OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 03:52:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So What Does Everyone's Prayer Corner's Look Like?  (Read 3612 times) Average Rating: 0
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »

Here's mine:

The icon you have of Pope Kyrillos on the top right...I have the original! Smiley

Bragging!  Grin

I'm going to need this.
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 08:47:50 PM »

Unfortunately, I couldn't lay out my prayer corner in my room's east wall, I simply don't have that sort of room in my bedroom. Sad

I think my Icon corner is facing south...
No worries. Right now I just have one Icon of Christ and it is currently hanging on the north wall of my room. I plan on shifting it over to the east wall once I remove the posters and other things that are currently hanging there.
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »

Beautiful, everyone.  :-)

And Elder Cleopa's icon corner is lovely, nothing horrible about it.  Elder Cleopa, pray to God for us. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2011, 07:34:39 AM »

Here's mine:

The icon you have of Pope Kyrillos on the top right...I have the original! Smiley
Can you buy it from anywhere, Abounah?

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
Fr.Kyrillos

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:56 AM »

Here's mine:

Can you buy it from anywhere, Abounah?

No, I actually commissioned a Russian priest iconographer to make it for me several years ago.
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 11:08:59 AM »

^I see, thanks anyway! It's a shame, it's a very nice icon of a wonderful saint.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:09:10 AM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2011, 08:33:20 PM »

I just have an icon of Christ on my north wall. I'v been meaning to set up a real corner for a while now, but I'm a procrastinator. What'cha gonna do?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »

newly made icon corner. simple, yet functional! Smiley

looking to pick up another icon or two when i visit the greek festival next week!

* dont know why the pictures are sideways.  they are upright on my phone and computer, but when i upload em here it turns em sideways. oh well!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:22:46 PM by Timon » Logged

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Tags: icon corner 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: