Author Topic: Liturgical History of Alexandria (3 volumes)  (Read 195 times)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Liturgical History of Alexandria (3 volumes)
« on: June 03, 2017, 01:31:51 AM »
I just saw this now and I had to share.

Alright all you liturgical experts and liturgophiles!  Our very own Fr. Athanasius al Maqari, the only true Coptic scholar who studied the history and evolution of the Alexandrian and Coptic rites, has now had some books available in English.

They are 3 Volumes of "A Summary of the Liturgical History of the Church of Alexandria:"
1. The First Through The Fourth Centuries
2. The Fifth and The Sixth Centuries
3. The Seventh Through The Tenth Centuries
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: Liturgical History of Alexandria (3 volumes)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 02:09:00 AM »
Awesome! I'm specially interested at the first one, I'm always trying to learn about primitive liturgies, but I get nothing.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)