OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 11:25:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Email-creating default accounts  (Read 838 times) Average Rating: 0
Phoenix73

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« on: August 13, 2011, 04:58:52 AM »

Hi,

How do I make windows mail my DEFAULT email account again, and DISABLE microsoft office . because for some time now I can only receive form microsoft office and cannot reply to incoming mail because I have not bought the program. I do not even know why it happened.

I went into windows mail and selected 'tools' however the default option is unavailable/disabled.

any advice will do, as I do not want to delete microsoft office as all my emails of the last few  months are on there.I just want all my email to be sent to windows mail so I can reply to it.

Thankyou
Poppy
OC.net guru

Faith: Muslim
Jurisdiction: Hanbali fiqh

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 09:22:40 AM »

press Windows-R and type winmail /reg if you get an error message that says 'winmail' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file then type "C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail" /reg then click OK. Wait for a bit then select Control Panel from the Start menu. Go to Programs. Click Set your default programs. Highlight Windows Mail under Programs. Click Set this program as default. Click OK.
Phoenix73

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »

Thanks for the try,

still having trouble, I am bad with the most basic tech stuff Embarrassed, what is " Windows-R and type winmail /reg " I googled and seems to be some recovery program, I then put in C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail" /reg and then I get a beep with a red cross and some msg to do with "windows cannot find". (it does however recognise
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Windows%20Mail/WinMail.exe) Notthat I know what any of this means. Undecided

I then went straight into default programs and made windows mail my default but I am still not receiving any msgs, they are still going to outlook express, even though outlook express has been removed from start menu (I had to go back and make it my default to get msgs).

Anything else I can try (Please Grin)

and why would this happen in the first place, I spend good money every year on Norton, how can a program just make itself a default without warning (after 18months of owning this laptop and having windows mail as default), and then pretty much demand I purchase outlook express in order to use it.Annoying

But seriously, Thankyou.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:38:16 AM by Phoenix73 » Logged
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 11:05:55 AM »

Try coping, pasting and running this (exactly, including quotes)       "C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail" /reg

Wait a few minutes

Then go set it as default.

What OS are you running?  Vista?  Win7?

Do you know to go to start menu/all programs/default program/ and setting the defaults?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Phoenix73

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 11:18:09 PM »

Try coping, pasting and running this (exactly, including quotes)       "C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail" /reg

Wait a few minutes

Then go set it as default.

What OS are you running?  Vista?  Win7?

Do you know to go to start menu/all programs/default program/ and setting the defaults?

Hi I did copy and paste it  exactly, not working. Pretty sure its vista and I tried setting the default through the strt menu, it did not work.

thanksthough

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:19:26 PM by Phoenix73 » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

Mzack. Uglyface creatures, unite!

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 02:41:36 AM »

*bump*
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 10:47:15 AM »

Are you having the same issue?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Phoenix73

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 08:38:28 PM »

I could not fix it, tried everything (except deleting outlook). I am basically receiving my email by office outlook, but cannot reply because I refuse to purchase the program,  I reply using windows mail. Roll Eyes

Bu thanks for the suggestions. Kiss

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 07:06:21 AM »

I could not fix it, tried everything (except deleting outlook). I am basically receiving my email by office outlook, but cannot reply because I refuse to purchase the program,  I reply using windows mail. Roll Eyes

I apologize, but I am confused. You did state that you would not remove the application despite never intending to pay for it?

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Phoenix73

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 08:10:13 AM »

I apologize, but I am confused. You did state that you would not remove the application despite never intending to pay for it?
I did  not remove it because I think if you do all the messages received on outlook and contacts will also be removed. I never requested for this application to take over  windows mail. Hope that makes sense Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: