Author Topic: Orthodox Priest and other Faith Leaders in Kansas City Call for Interest Caps  (Read 759 times)

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
This is my priest in the newscast, Fr. Paisius (David) Altschul. Some people on here complain that some Christians seem to be too focused on sexual taboos and not on other things, so I thought this might be a different kind of concern being expressed.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15238754/group-aims-to-get-missouri-voters-to-cap-payday-loans
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:28:25 PM by Alveus Lacuna »

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
Yes, but what does this have to do with sex?

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
Good on them. And that TV station.

Ridiculous. This makes me want to tell a few stories about a couple bookies . . . Not in that world does such BS go on.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline KBN1

• High Elder
YES!

Offline tuesdayschild

• High Elder
This is my priest in the newscast, Fr. Paisius (David) Altschul. Some people on here complain that some Christians seem to be too focused on sexual taboos and not on other things, so I thought this might be a different kind of concern being expressed.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15238754/group-aims-to-get-missouri-voters-to-cap-payday-loans

Why do they call him Fr. David, not Fr. Paisius, in the newscast?

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
Why do they call him Fr. David, not Fr. Paisius, in the newscast?

Many people in the neighborhood call him Father David or Father "P" because they can't pronounce it or forget it. Maybe he was just being gracious for the newscasters. David is his birth name, but not his baptismal name.