OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 04:25:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scandinavian Orthodoxy  (Read 21653 times) Average Rating: 0
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #270 on: September 18, 2013, 10:32:04 AM »

Nope. Just Scandinavians.

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #271 on: September 18, 2013, 10:49:42 AM »

Nope. Just Scandinavians.

Well, personally, I wouldn't mind, though I would like to keep Pascha on the old calendar.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #272 on: September 18, 2013, 11:50:21 AM »

...though I would like to keep Pascha on the old calendar.

Me too. I assume we'll be switcing to the New Calendar sooner or later. Hopefully sooner now that also EP's Estonians are on the New Calendar.

Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2013, 12:29:07 PM »

Actually, now when I think about it, uniting under the finnish church would be kind of awesome. The Church of the North!

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2013, 01:13:33 PM »

Actually, now when I think about it, uniting under the finnish church would be kind of awesome. The Church of the North!
As it was in before the Schism from Orthodoxy
Lund brings us back to the heathen and fabulous period of Scandinavia. Nothing authentic is known about the origin of the city but it is certain that as early as the ninth century Lund was a place of great commercial importance. The insignificant stream Hajeaa which now flows near Lund and empties into the Lomma Bay in the south-west was for one thousand years navigable by large vessels. The name Lund (a small wood or grove) is derived from a heathen sacrificial grove which lay to the east of the city, and where the deities of the North, Odin, Thor, Frigga, were honoured. Lund is first mentioned in the Icelandic saga, which tells us that the city, surrounded by a wooden rampart, was plundered and burnt in 940 by the Vikings. The conversion of the North to Christianity was begun a century earlier by Archbishop Ebbo of Reims and St. Anschar, Archbishop of Hamburg-Bremen, his successor in this apostolic work; both worked here personally and also sent missionaries. But the results were neither notable nor lasting, at least in Sweden. Heathenism was not easily uprooted, and in many places was strong enough to prevent the building of churches and the foundation of sees. The missionaries succeeded only in Jutland, where they established the sees of Schleswig, Ribe, and Aarhus (946) as suffragans of Hamburg-Bremen. It was only under King Svend Tveskæg (960-1014) and his son Canute (Knud) the Great (1014-1035) that Christianity made any headway in Denmark. They reigned over England also, hence the growing English influence in religion, education, and commerce. Svend obtained English missionaries for Skaane, among them was Gotebald (d. about 1021), first Bishop of Roskilde. Besides other religious houses and monasteries in Denmark Svend erected also the first church in Lund, and dedicated it to the Blessed Trinity. During his reign the See of Odense was established on the Island of Fünen (988).
Canute did still more for the Scandinavian countries, especially for the development of Lund; he encouraged industries and trade and erected at Lund the first mint in Scandinavia. Perhaps Adam of Bremen was right when he said: "Cuius (sc. Sconiæ) metropolis civitas Lundona quam victor Angliæ Chnud Britannicæ Londonæ æmulam jussit esse" (Pertz, "Monum. Germ.", VII, 371), i.e., Canute desired to make Scandinavian Lund the rival of English London. At least he laid the foundation for the growing importance of Lund as the medieval metropolis of Scandinavia. In later centuries Lund was again a royal residence and even more important than Roskilde and Ringsted. Canute VI celebrated at Lund in 1177 his marriage with Henry the Lion's daughter, Gertrude of Saxony; Waldemar the Victorious was crowned there in 1202 and it was there in 1409 that took place the marriage between Eric of Pomerania and Philippa of England. Soon also it became a place of great ecclesiastical importance. The first Bishop of Lund was Bernard, who had been for five years in Iceland and was sent by Canute to Lund in 1022. Canute also filled other sees in Denmark with men who had been consecrated bishops in England, in violation of the right of the Metropolitan of Hamburg; therefore when Gerbrand, consecrated Bishop of Roskilde at Canterbury, repaired to Denmark, he was seized by Archbishop Unvan of Hamburg-Bremen and set free only on submitting to the archbishop as his metropolitan (1022). The king now saw that he was obliged to recognize the privileges of the Archbishop of Hamburg-Bremen, and in this he was followed by the Kings of Sweden and Norway. Adam of Bremen concluded from this that the supremacy of the See of Hamburg was respected as a matter of fact in all Scandinavian countries; every Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian bishop, he says, was obliged to report to Archbishop Libentius II (1029-32) the progress of Christianity in their respective countries (Pertz, "Monum. Germ.", VII, 328).
and continued afterwards
Later donations were so numerous that the cathedral became the richest church in the North. Lund was also the foremost, though one of the most recent, sees in the Scandinavian Church, only Viborg and Börglum in Jutland being later foundations (1065). Contemporaneously there began for Denmark an epoch of great prosperity, which is still the national pride. This prosperous development was owing to the new ecclesiastical autonomy and independence of the Scandinavian countries, formerly under the Archbishop of Hamburg-Bremen. By several papal Bulls missionary work in the heathen North had been originally assigned to the Archbishop of Hamburg-Bremen, also the jurisdiction over those countries when converted to Christianity. Later, however, several sees were created in Denmark which had already endeavoured to establish a direct union with Rome and to do away with a foreign and troublesome intermediary authority. This was all the more reasonable from the moment that the Bremen prelates, as worldly princes, began to be occupied with affairs of State to the neglect of their duties as spiritual shepherds. They undertook to consecrate their dependent suffragan bishops, or at least reserved to themselves the right of ratification of those bishops when named by the king.

For Denmark the danger was imminent that the powerful Bremen Metropolitan might misuse his influence and by interference in the internal affairs of the country endanger its political liberty and independence. Canute had already planned the establishment of a Scandinavian church province; but it was only under his successor Svend Estridsen ("cuius industria Dania in octo episcopatus divisa est", Langebek, "Script. rer. dan.", III, 444) that negotiations were begun at Rome. Adalbert of Bremen opposed the independence of these northern sees, except on condition that his own metropolitan see were promoted to the dignity of a patriarchate over the whole North.
but came to nought when the schism was institutionalized during the Investiture Contraversy
After the death of Adalbert (1072) his successor Liemar sided with Henry IV in the Investitures conflict and Gregory VII invited King Svend to resume the former negotiations. Svend died, however, about 1075 and the Northern Church question rested for some time till Eric Ejegod, the second successor of St. Canute, took up the affair anew and brought it to a close. Apparently, at the Synod of Bari in which Anselm of Canterbury also took part, Eric obtained from Urban II two requests: the establishment of an archbishopric, and the canonization of his brother Canute. Under Paschal II (1100) the efforts of Eric were crowned with success, and the canonization of Canute was solemnized in Odense, all the bishops of the country being present. Shortly after this Eric died in the Island of Cyprus (1103), while on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. At the same time Cardinal Alberich repaired to Denmark as papal legate to select an appropriate see for the new metropolitan. His choice fell on Lund, and the local bishop, Asger (Adzer), a friend of Anselm of Canterbury, received the pallium and the archiepiscopal dignity (1104). In this way the Northern Church was freed from its dependence on Bremen-Hamburg. Adalbero of Bremen, after the Concordat of Worms (1128), was very anxious to revive the old metropolitan rights in their plenitude, and for this purpose did not shrink from forging papal Bulls.
Emperor Lothair III, in the hope of gaining politically by the civil war which in the meanwhile had broken out in Denmark, supported at Rome Adalbero's request. In fact Innocent II restored the authority of the Archbishop of Bremen over all the northern sees, as is shown by several contemporary letters to Adalbero, to Archbishop Asger, and to the Kings of Sweden and Denmark. Asger, however, held fast to his rights, encouraged by his nephew Eskil, then provost of the cathedral of Lund, who sent Hermann, a canon of Lund, and a Rhinelander, to Rome where he defended successfully the rights of the Metropolitan of Lund guaranteed fully to him thirty years before. This ended for all time the ambitious plans of domination long cherished by the Prelate of Bremen; the lofty dream of a Patriarchate of the North toppled; even the authority of a Frederick Barbarossa (1158) could not revive it. Later Hermann became Bishop of Schleswig; he is buried in the crypt of the cathedral at Lund. In 1134 Asger was confirmed in his dignity by Innocent II, through the papal legate Cardinal Martin. In 1139 his successor Eskil held at Lund the first Northern National Council under the presidency of Cardinal Theodignus. The high altar of the cathedral was solemnly consecrated by Eskil in 1145, making in all with those of the crypt sixty-four consecrated altars. When in 1152 a separate ecclesiastical province was established at Trondhjem (Nidaros) for Norway with bishops of the Faroe Islands, Iceland, and Greenland as suffragans, the Archbishop of Lund received the honour of papal legate with the title of Primate of Denmark and Sweden. Under Eskil's reign the ecclesiastical law of Skaane (1162) and Zeeland (1171) was codified, numerous monasteries founded and the Archbishopric of Upsala established (1164).
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09433a.htm

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »

It's Nidaros or nothing, sorry!
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »

Hmm... Archbishop of Nidaros and All the North... sounds good, but you'll have to take it up with the finns.

-St Silouan the athonite
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2013, 07:33:22 PM »

Hmm... Archbishop of Nidaros and All the North... sounds good, but you'll have to take it up with the finns.
That's my preference, but then I'm not a Finn-my folk came from the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:34:45 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2013, 01:43:18 AM »

That's my preference, but then I'm not a Finn-my folk came from the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway.

A Scandinavian Arab?

Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2013, 03:21:21 AM »

Is your birthday today or tomorrow? (It would be the latter according to oc.net time...) I guess you know whose feast is tomorrow. Smiley

Many years to you!
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2013, 04:22:55 AM »

Is your birthday today or tomorrow? (It would be the latter according to oc.net time...) I guess you know whose feast is tomorrow. Smiley

Many years to you!

Today, the 23.  Smiley And thank you.

Is it the Conception of St John the Baptist?

-St Silouan the athonite
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2013, 04:32:47 AM »

Many years to you!

Today. Tomorrow is the feast day of St. Silouan.
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2013, 04:37:17 AM »

Many years to you!

Today. Tomorrow is the feast day of St. Silouan.

Yeah, that's right.  Smiley

-St Silouan the athonite
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2013, 05:26:02 AM »

I attended Swedish liturgy today. I'm a bit embarassed as I understood only something like 70% despite years of learning. I felt a bit schizophrenic as my brains started automatically to translate everything into Finnish despite the fact that I understood much without translating. It would be a lot easier if could concentrate on listening and understanding without translating anything. Now it felt like I was listening to two languages at same time.

WPM
Archon

« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2013, 10:57:25 AM »

Can I be a member of the Finnish Orthodox Church? ..  Smiley
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2013, 10:59:24 AM »

Can I be a member of the Finnish Orthodox Church? ..  Smiley

If you don't live in Finland, why you'd like to do that? Orthodoxy is Orthodoxy irregardless of jurisdiction, rite or geographic location.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:59:46 AM by Alpo » Logged

WPM
Archon

« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »

If you don't live in Finland, why you'd like to do that? Orthodoxy is Orthodoxy irregardless of jurisdiction, rite or geographic location.

Because I like the Norway, Sweden, and Finland regions of Europe. Denmark too
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »

A Scandinavian Arab?
They mixed in America.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »

Because I like the Norway, Sweden, and Finland regions of Europe. Denmark too

Go to a Greek Church.  They have the same Patriarch. Wink

Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2013, 04:27:32 PM »

Not sure when Iceland is considered to have departed Orthodoxy, but here is the Icelandic indie-folk group Árstíðir singing Kolbein Tumason's (d. 1208) classic Icelandic hymn, "Heyr Himna Smiður" ("Hear, Heavenly Creator").

Lyrics:

Heyr, himna smiður,
hvers skáldið biður.
Komi mjúk til mín
miskunnin þín.
Því heit eg á þig,
þú hefur skaptan mig.
Eg er þrællinn þinn,
þú ert drottinn minn.
Guð, heit eg á þig,
að þú græðir mig.
Minnst þú, mildingur, mín,
mest þurfum þín.
Ryð þú, röðla gramur,
ríklyndur og framur,
hölds hverri sorg
úr hjartaborg.
Gæt þú, mildingur, mín,
mest þurfum þín,
helzt hverja stund
á hölda grund.
Send þú, meyjar mögur,
málsefnin fögur,
öll er hjálp af þér,
í hjarta mér.

(Listen, smith of the heavens,
what the poet asks.
May softly come unto me
thy mercy.
So I call on thee,
for thou hast created me.
I am thy slave,
thou art my Lord.
God, I call on thee
to heal me.
Remember me, mild one.
Most we need thee.
Drive out, O king of suns,
generous and great,
every human sorrow
from the city of the heart.
Watch over me, mild one,
Most we need thee,
truly every moment
in the world of men.
send us, son of the virgin,
good causes,
all aid is from thee,
in my heart.)

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »

A Scandinavian Arab?
They mixed in America.

That must have been interesting.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »

Not sure when Iceland is considered to have departed Orthodoxy, but here is the Icelandic indie-folk group Árstíðir singing Kolbein Tumason's (d. 1208) classic Icelandic hymn, "Heyr Himna Smiður" ("Hear, Heavenly Creator").

Lyrics:

Heyr, himna smiður,
hvers skáldið biður.
Komi mjúk til mín
miskunnin þín.
Því heit eg á þig,
þú hefur skaptan mig.
Eg er þrællinn þinn,
þú ert drottinn minn.
Guð, heit eg á þig,
að þú græðir mig.
Minnst þú, mildingur, mín,
mest þurfum þín.
Ryð þú, röðla gramur,
ríklyndur og framur,
hölds hverri sorg
úr hjartaborg.
Gæt þú, mildingur, mín,
mest þurfum þín,
helzt hverja stund
á hölda grund.
Send þú, meyjar mögur,
málsefnin fögur,
öll er hjálp af þér,
í hjarta mér.

(Listen, smith of the heavens,
what the poet asks.
May softly come unto me
thy mercy.
So I call on thee,
for thou hast created me.
I am thy slave,
thou art my Lord.
God, I call on thee
to heal me.
Remember me, mild one.
Most we need thee.
Drive out, O king of suns,
generous and great,
every human sorrow
from the city of the heart.
Watch over me, mild one,
Most we need thee,
truly every moment
in the world of men.
send us, son of the virgin,
good causes,
all aid is from thee,
in my heart.)

Nice.  Smiley

I can understand some of it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:11:10 PM by Ansgar » Logged

-St Silouan the athonite
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2013, 12:25:15 PM »

Glada Luciadagen! I was going to attend Swedish vespers but ended up attending Finnish one instead. Anyway, happy feast!

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »

Isn't St. Lucy's Day tomorrow?

-St Silouan the athonite
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2013, 12:32:35 PM »

It's already past 6pm  here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:32:59 PM by Alpo » Logged

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »

Oh, right. Well, in that case:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z8LwZDEiNk0

Glædelig Luciadag.  Smiley

-St Silouan the athonite
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #296 on: December 12, 2013, 02:04:35 PM »

happy saint lucy's day!
when i was a small child, for some reason my very english school decided to add a saint lucy's day parade (ok, a short walk of a few girls in a line to then stand on stage looking geeky) to the Christmas play.
i got to be saint lucy!
it was the only time i had a leadership role in my whole school life (e.g. in another play, i was a cucumber...) so it was really memorable, and i performed my 5 metre walk like a diva under the hollywood lights (or so it seemed to me!)

the only sad part was that the teachers changed the plan for me to have real candles on my headress at the last minute  Sad
i had to have rubbish paper shapes painted like candles instead, which were nearly not ready in time!
i was ready to have hot wax drip on my head in return for my 5 minutes of fame...
 Wink
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #297 on: December 12, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »

happy saint lucy's day!
when i was a small child, for some reason my very english school decided to add a saint lucy's day parade (ok, a short walk of a few girls in a line to then stand on stage looking geeky) to the Christmas play.
i got to be saint lucy!
it was the only time i had a leadership role in my whole school life (e.g. in another play, i was a cucumber...) so it was really memorable, and i performed my 5 metre walk like a diva under the hollywood lights (or so it seemed to me!)

the only sad part was that the teachers changed the plan for me to have real candles on my headress at the last minute  Sad
i had to have rubbish paper shapes painted like candles instead, which were nearly not ready in time!
i was ready to have hot wax drip on my head in return for my 5 minutes of fame...
 Wink

So, did you also sing?

-St Silouan the athonite
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #298 on: December 12, 2013, 06:00:43 PM »

It's always St. Lucy's Day somewhere!  Wink

I like her.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #299 on: December 13, 2013, 07:37:05 AM »

i don't remember.
it was before i was thrown out of the school choir, aged 10, though, so possibly.
(i committed the unforgivable sin of continuing to chat to another child after the teacher entered the room)

it was just a small interlude before the main part of the Christmas play, i never found out much about saint lucia before discovering this forum!
 Smiley
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #300 on: December 13, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »

i don't remember.
it was before i was thrown out of the school choir, aged 10, though, so possibly.
(i committed the unforgivable sin of continuing to chat to another child after the teacher entered the room)

it was just a small interlude before the main part of the Christmas play, i never found out much about saint lucia before discovering this forum!
 Smiley

Don't worry, I highly doubt that most danes know anything about her either.  Smiley

-St Silouan the athonite
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #301 on: December 13, 2013, 10:30:08 AM »

Jungfrumartyren Lucia 13.12.

I början av 300-talet, blev de kristna strängt förföljda i det Romerska riket. Många fick lida martyrdöden för den ortodoxa trons skull. En av dem var en ung flicka vid namn Lucia.

http://www.ort.fi/kirkkovuosi/jungfrumartyren-lucia-1312

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #302 on: December 15, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »

This is great.  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eil2GwiUcg

-St Silouan the athonite
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »

A russian pilgrimage to Finland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZefSiRQIcw

-St Silouan the athonite
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2013, 03:53:21 PM »

A russian pilgrimage to Finland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZefSiRQIcw

They seemed to have visited only this monastery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Valamo

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2013, 04:18:49 PM »

Yeah, it seems so.

-St Silouan the athonite
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #306 on: June 09, 2014, 09:34:31 AM »

Nuns in Norway.  Smiley

http://www.nrk.no/mr/starta-kloster-i-norddal-1.11714475

-St Silouan the athonite
Aedificare

Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Russian Orthodox Churches in Western Europe

« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2014, 10:01:45 AM »

New metropolit of the Greek and Finnish Orthodox in all of Scandinavia.

Metropolit Kleopas biskopsvigning och installation

Istanbul. Metropolit electus Kleopas Strongylis vigdes i dag, den 21 maj 2014, på Konstantin och Helenas festdag till biskop av den ekumeniske patriarken Bartholomaios i St. Georgios kyrka i Fanar i Istanbul. .....

Metropolit Kleopas Strongylis av Sverige och Skandinavien (hans namn i världen var Panagiotis Strongylis) föddes i Athen 1966. Han läste teologi vid Athens universitet och Rizareios teologiska högskola ....

Ekumeniska patriarkatets metropolit av Sverige och Skandinavien ansvarar för de grekisk-ortodoxa och finsk-ortodoxa församlingarna i Sverige, Norge, Danmark och Island. Han är också ordförande i Skandinaviska ortodoxa biskopsmötet.

http://ortodoxakyrkan.org/2014/05/21/metropolit-kleopas-biskopsvigning-och-installation/

METROPOLITT KLEOPAS BESØK I OSLO

Søndag 22. juni var metropolitt Kleopas på visitas i den greske kirken i Oslo. Det ble en fantastisk hyggelig dag for alle fremmøtte. Metropolitten kom til menigheten kun en uke etter sin innsettelse i Stockholm, noe som viser hvor viktig menigheten er. Metropolitten viste stor  varme og imøtekommenhet.  F.Christoforos og f.Olav fra Paris-exarkatet koncelebrerte.  Flere bønner og evangeliet ble lest på norsk. Metropolitten understreket hvor viktig det er at norsk også brukes i gudstjenestene. Han ønsket at kontakten mellom våre bispedømmer skal  være så god som mulig ....

http://www.ortodoksmoss.com/2014/06/metropolitt-kleopas-besk-i-oslo-sndag-22.html
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: