OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 04:48:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romanian Liturgy  (Read 520 times) Average Rating: 0
iustinos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

OC.net

« on: August 09, 2011, 12:16:45 AM »

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I have to chant Divine Liturgy Wednesday morning at a Romanian parish I've never attended--thankfully there will only be a few other close friends there. I've never been to Liturgy at a Romanian parish before. I will only have a few minutes with the priest before Liturgy so I wanted to find out before I get there.

1. Do Romanians follow the Greek or Russian practice re the Antiphons vs. Typica?

2. Do Romanians sing "Let our mouths be filled..." after Communion?

3. Do Romanians read more than one Epistle (Russian/Monastic practice)?

Forgive me if this is covered somewhere--I did a search and couldn't find it.

Thank you!
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I have to chant Divine Liturgy Wednesday morning at a Romanian parish I've never attended--thankfully there will only be a few other close friends there. I've never been to Liturgy at a Romanian parish before. I will only have a few minutes with the priest before Liturgy so I wanted to find out before I get there.

1. Do Romanians follow the Greek or Russian practice re the Antiphons vs. Typica?

Thank you!

It depends on the Romanian parish. A Romanian once compared the Romanians to the Antiochians, they mainly follow the Greek practice but sometimes something Russian slips in. All of these questions are ones that only the priest will be answer for sure.

My best guess is 1. Antiphons 2. yes 3. No

Joseph
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:19:15 AM »

Do you meant reading second perycope on feasts dedicated to that feast.?
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 07:43:21 AM »

Thank you!

It depends on the Romanian parish. A Romanian once compared the Romanians to the Antiochians, they mainly follow the Greek practice but sometimes something Russian slips in. All of these questions are ones that only the priest will be answer for sure.

My best guess is 1. Antiphons 2. yes 3. No
]

Just like the Carpatho Russians....Greek influence with a bit of Russian here and there.
ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:44 AM »

You'd better ask the priest, but from what it is done in the parishes in Romania:
1) Antiphons (although sometimes Typica)
2) It is usually read
3) Usually yes (if you mean what Michał said) - depends on the parish
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:26:18 AM by ma2000 » Logged

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: