OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 09:05:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Byzantine Empire 1405-1820 - A Europa Universalis III Story...  (Read 7002 times) Average Rating: 0
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 03:55:06 PM »

Anyone played Empire: Total War?  This thread has inspired me to try taking Constantinople and the Balkans as Russia.

I have, but my version is not working for whatever reason. In any case, Paradox Interactive games are superior. Tongue

I like the battles in Total War (playing a bit of Shogun II currently).  Are there battles in this one or are they just auto-calc'd?
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »

Anyone played Empire: Total War?  This thread has inspired me to try taking Constantinople and the Balkans as Russia.

I have, but my version is not working for whatever reason. In any case, Paradox Interactive games are superior. Tongue

I like the battles in Total War (playing a bit of Shogun II currently).  Are there battles in this one or are they just auto-calc'd?

No battles. I definitely miss routing superior armies in Medieval II.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 03:59:51 PM »

They are on auto. The game is far too detailed otherwise to be able to support the graphics load of full battles. In other words, you sacrifice the realism of battle for the realism of gameplay in other areas, as well as the detail of the map.

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2011, 04:05:45 PM »

One ridiculous thing I found is that when religious rebels take over a province, any province, they forcibly convert it to their religion and it takes a missionary to bring those people back to their old religion, even if you drive the rebels out a month later.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2011, 04:23:23 PM »

So it's kind of like Hearts of Iron then.

They are on auto. The game is far too detailed otherwise to be able to support the graphics load of full battles. In other words, you sacrifice the realism of battle for the realism of gameplay in other areas, as well as the detail of the map.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »

Anyone played Empire: Total War?  This thread has inspired me to try taking Constantinople and the Balkans as Russia.

I like the battles in Total War (playing a bit of Shogun II currently).  Are there battles in this one or are they just auto-calc'd?

So it's kind of like Hearts of Iron then.

The same company makes both, as well as my favourite Victoria II, so yes.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:46:27 PM by John of the North » Logged

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2011, 04:47:50 PM »

I've actually written missions for Byzantium on the base game that lead you to gaining the Justinian era territories back... That is what I love about EU3, being able to modify things...
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 09:51:18 PM »

I've actually written missions for Byzantium on the base game that lead you to gaining the Justinian era territories back... That is what I love about EU3, being able to modify things...
Just got this off D2D the other day. The learning curve is a bit steeper than I thought it would be, but I'm enjoying it now that I'm getting the hang of it (and no longer war hungry Wink ). I edited the file to make southern Italy (Calabria and Apulia) Sicilian and made Sicily Orthodox. Smiley I took back Abruzzi from Rome and now I want to take back Naples and head to the Papal States. I'm a bit apprehensive to do so because they're allied with Milan.

I still haven't figured out how to transport troops across the sea. I have allies in the Balkans that I'd like to help out against folks like Venice or the Ottomans, but I'm never able to get over there. :/ Any ideas?

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »

Just got this off D2D the other day. The learning curve is a bit steeper than I thought it would be, but I'm enjoying it now that I'm getting the hang of it (and no longer war hungry Wink ). I edited the file to make southern Italy (Calabria and Apulia) Sicilian and made Sicily Orthodox. Smiley I took back Abruzzi from Rome and now I want to take back Naples and head to the Papal States. I'm a bit apprehensive to do so because they're allied with Milan.

I still haven't figured out how to transport troops across the sea. I have allies in the Balkans that I'd like to help out against folks like Venice or the Ottomans, but I'm never able to get over there. :/ Any ideas?

In Christ,
Andrew

I haven't played to much EUIII, but if it is anything like VickyII: Load them on to transport-type ship; move ship to coastal zone off province you want to move to; select troops; right-click province.

88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »

The cog is your transport ship.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: