OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 05:53:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion comparison  (Read 646 times) Average Rating: 0
pasadi97
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: August 07, 2011, 08:56:07 AM »

The goal of religion is to give to people the entrance to heaven and eternal life. So if a religion for example is training her people to run faster it is not better than Christianity since religion is not running school and it is supposed to give people entrance to Heaven and eternal life.

These can help in classifying religions:
MK 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned.
JN 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most certainly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God!
In Early Christianity born of water and spirit means to be baptized.

1. ancient greek, ancient roman , hinduism, budhism, rei ki, tai ki all eastern religions Destination Hell no eternal life.
2. Islam and religions accepting Old Law and some protestant denominations that renounced baptism . Destination Hell No eternal life
3. Protestantism that had baptism however that lost Holy Eucharist replacing it with meals, words, nothing.Destination Heaven No Eternal life
4. Eastern Orthodox Church that has both baptism and Holy Communion. Destination Heaven Yes Eternal LIfe

There are some voices into EARLY CHRISTIANITY and into Eastern Orthodox Church that say sacraments outside the Church are invalid thus there may not be salvation outside the Church since even if sacraments are performed as instructed, Holy Spirit that does come into Eastern Orthodox Church does not come to organizations once they separated from Church thus there is no Heaven and immortality outside the Eastern Orthodox Church.

In Roman Catholic Church even if they follow the steps of Holy water that is blessed by Spirit of God the Holly water created needs salt, humans to intervene, so this may show that Holy spirit does not arrive in Roman Catholicism.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:27:04 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »

If you believe that Jesus is the only mediator between man and God why are you trying to follow Jesus from the Church established by man Luther, man Calvin and other men and not come to the Church established by Jesus in year 33, Eastern Orthodox Church?

Can Luther mediate for You? Highly doubted?
Can Calvin mediate for you? So highly doubted I won't mention it. So mediators can be these men that they have renounced eternal life for people in Protestantism and following them. And confession and many more.

The teachings of Eastern orthodox Church are the teachings of Early Church since Eastern orthodox Church is the Early Church today. You can take documents , valid historical documents and see matching between Early Church belief and Eastern orthodox church belief. So, if you have teachings like crystal clear water, why would you look for water with mud or errors? Do you think is better. Salvation is hard with EOC beliefs, do you think it is going to be easier putting errors into it?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:35:31 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 10:00:08 AM »

Remember pasadi,

just because someone is of an Eastern religion, Islam, or Protestant -- does not mean they're going to Hell.  They could end up in Heaven for all we know, and yet we could easily end up in Hell ourselves.. in spite of our being "Orthodox".  We can know where the Holy Spirit is, but we can not know where He is not.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:35:55 AM »

There would be good if all of us will end in Heaven and I want this.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:38:14 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 10:37:30 AM »

How would you interpret this?
MK 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned.
JN 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most certainly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God!
Now muslims and nonbaptized people comming from near death say they come from Hell. One went to heaven and saw one muslim there and the muslim asked for Jesus on his dead bed and become Christian there.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:06:04 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
John Ward

Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Korea

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »

How would you interpret this?
Now muslims and nonbaptized people comming from near death say they come from Hell. One went to heaven and saw one muslim there and the muslim asked for Jesus on his dead bed and become Christian there.

Is it possible that He talking to us who have read the Bible and learned the Truth? That, without it, it's possible we could have just gone "Well, we'll all be saved, so let's just living how we want." But, now, knowing the Truth, we have a decision to make. Whereas, a Muslim or Buddhist or what have you has never heard of Christ and so has no chance. And, perhaps a Buddhist who has lived out Christ's principles, without even knowing Christ, will have a chance to be with God. That, the Buddhist has drawn closer to God's love because of his own love for others and his humility.

God said, Himself, that He does not desire the death of a sinner and we hear every Pascha that "not one dead in the grave remains" from the sermon of St. John Chrysostom. From everything I've read, the old religions and the philosophies all pointed to Christ. They did not have the fullness of Truth, but they pointed to it.

Now, denying the Truth. That's a whole different ballgame but we cannot limit God's mercy. We shouldn't be going around saying "He's going to hell because he's not Orthodox." That's us trying to do God's job. Instead, we should seek out our salvation and pray that God, through His great mercy, will help others come to Him.

The one thing I know is that there have been many non Christians throughout history that were better at being Christians then I have.
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »

Lets start with definition of Christianity.

Baptism = makes you dead as child of Adam and to Old Law and reborns you as child of God.

So to say somebody Hindu is better Christian than someone baptized  you imply that he is better Child of God than you so he has to be baptized. Unborn children are much more without sin than hindus that worship sick angels and according with documents they don't end up in heaven. So an elder say better kill a baptized child than an unborn baby if really there is need to kill somebody anyhow better no killing. I am reffering to aborted babies. Abortion is erased through confession.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:20:13 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 11:18:26 AM »

Unborn children are much more without sin than hindus that worship sick angels and they don't end up in heaven. Anyhow at last judgement looks like there will be places between hell and Heaven for these unbaptized good.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13089.msg615477.html#msg615477

John Ward

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »

Lets start with definition of Christianity.

Baptism = makes you dead as child of Adam and to Old Law and reborns you as child of God.

So to say somebody Hindu is better Christian than someone baptized  you imply that he is better Child of God than you so he has to be baptized. Unborn children are much more without sin than hindus that worship sick angels and they don't end up in heaven. I am reffering to aborted babies. Abortion is erased through confession.

What I'm saying is that God's mercy is infinite and we can't sit here and say this person or that person is going to hell. That's God's judgement, not ours and doing so puts us into a bad place spiritually. Instead, we should pray for the whole world, that God will have mercy on them.
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 11:27:50 AM »

I just want to tell people that they should be baptized and take Holy Communion and to come to Eastern Orthodox Church where Spirit of God is.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:28:11 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
John Ward

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 11:36:23 AM »

I just want to tell people that they should be baptized and take Holy Communion and to come to Eastern Orthodox Church where Spirit of God is.

You can't do that by telling people they're going to hell if they don't. That'll never work. At best, they'll become Orthodox out of fear. At worst, they'll blow you off as a nutjob and their view of Orthodoxy is now tainted. You want them to come to the Church through love of God, not fear of hell. That's why the way Orthodoxy has mostly spread has been by example.
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 11:42:23 AM »

This is love. To go in front of people and say , listen "you are going happily to a Fall if you don't change the direction" is love or not? They may see it as a nut job however they are advised that without baptism they have a great chance to Hell in particular judgement, particular judgement is what this thread is about.
Would be enough to go to muslims for example and say I give food for 1000 people? And he said, great I can do the same. He has not clue about the need of being baptized. I am for spilling the truth the way it is. Yes with compasion.
I believe that after seeing this thread people are more well informed than 1000 threads about love and compassion. They will know what to do. A muslim may say, my mom that is muslim has a lot of love and compassion, why Christianity is better?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:49:15 AM by pasadi97 » Logged
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »

So the most important thing that separates Christians from other religions is that we are baptized so we are children of God and we are called to call God as Father. Muslims and Old Law religion call God as master.
The other important things is that by partaking Holy Eucharist for eternal life God is in us and we are restored to immortality.

JN 6:54 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
JN 6:55 For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
JN 6:56 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me, and I in him.

There are other important things too.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:57:38 PM by pasadi97 » Logged
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »

By becoming children of God, we christians are brothers and sisters since we have the same Father, God. By dying as children of Adam we die to the interdiction to enter Heaven and being children of God we are allowed to enter Heaven.

Jesus lives through God the Father and we live through Jesus through Holy Eucharist, Jesus being in us. Is like a tree. Root is God the Father. Trunk is Jesus and through Holy Communion we are connected to Jesus and live ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus. Once you cut somebody from Tree I don't know what happens like Protestants were cut by People rennouncing HOLY EUCHARIST.

Not having Holy Eucharist, in protestantism I do not know what is the answer. They replaced Holy Eucharist with NOTHING, so some are connected to NOTHING or words of symbols.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:06:00 PM by pasadi97 » Logged
pasadi97
High Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »

In the end I love muslims, Protestants  and everyone actually and I think they deserve the best religion on Earth.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: