OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 01:57:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going into Retirement  (Read 1142 times) Average Rating: 0
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« on: July 10, 2004, 02:52:29 PM »

Friends,

Over the past year and four months it has been my pleasure to serve as a Global Moderator here at OC.net.  As of immediately I am resigning my position as global moderator and will resume being a regular poster for two reasons:

1. With additional responsibilities in my personal life, I no longer have the time to spend monitoring the forum as I have in the past year.  

2. As my interests are turning away from computer based employment and entertainment I find myself less and less willing to be constantly tethered to a computer.  I want to be in church praying or out in the wilderness in my spare time, and try to repair some of the physical and spiritual damage of being a habitual couch(or desk) potato.

3. I have gone from being an instigator of programs and ideas(ran "Site of the Month" helped work with the Cap'n to design a national parish directory, etc) but as of the past six months, I have not made any positive contributions to the site.  I say it's time to let new blood who will be able to give more time and effort.

I still plan on posting semi-regularly, perhaps thrice a week or so.  My personal friendships continue with the administrative staff and this change has nothing to do with jurispolitics or personal reasons, but due to a desire to find other labors in which to serve the Church.  Thank you all for being supportive over the past year and a half and I look forward to contuining threaded conversations with you.

David Galloway
Global Moderator(retired),
OrthodoxChristianity.net
dgalloway@gmail.com

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 02:54:43 PM »

Thank you for all of your hard work! We appreciate it!

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 05:06:54 PM »

Good luck David, I will miss that Southern humor!

bear with me I am using my lap top, for some reason my PC froze up yesterday while my 13 yr old grandson was using it, now can't open anything to see what is going on.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 05:59:45 PM »

I certainly *hope* that you'll still be here sometimes, David. You've been great as a mod.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 08:59:07 PM »

I'm around, I just no longer feel the need to log on thrice a  day to monitor the board.  Smiley

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: