OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 10:03:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Way and the Wayist Bible  (Read 756 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« on: August 04, 2011, 11:59:21 AM »

A very strange, new, syncretic theological tradition:

"The Wayist Bible is the name given to the collection of Wayist Scripture revered by disciples of The Way of Yesu, in the ancient Tradition of Wayism. The name refers to the Eastern side of the great symbol, the Yin side of religious thought in our times. The Yoga of the Wayist Bible is the Yoga of Jesus--the Yoga which He came to fulfill and to show The Way we should walk.  The Wayist Bible consists of five Yesu-Scriptures, the earliest of which, Mystical Sayings of Lord Yesu our Saviour, date to c. 55 CE.. Wayist scholars agree with Christian scholars that Mystical Sayings served as the foundation and source document for the Western Bible's Gospels. The Wayist Bible also contains five ancient Wayist Scriptures in whose Tradition Yesu taught. The oldest of these, the Tao Teh Ching, dates to around the 1st century BCE."

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »

You seem to have an eye for every dumb thing that happens in Christendom.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »

the Tao Teh Ching, dates to around the 1st century BCE."

Okie dokie.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »

I would definitely travel over there and read some of the "Mystical Sayings." They're laugh-out-loud funny. And they certainly are mystical:

Saying 19

Yesu said, “Blessed is one who came to life before coming to life. If you become my disciples and hearken to my sayings, these stones will serve you. For there are five trees in Paradise for you. They do not change, summer or winter, and their leaves do not drop. Whoever knows about them will not taste death.”25

Most of them are along the lines of "No matter where you go, there you are," or "A wet bird never flies at night" - type stuff. Entertaining.

Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »

I would definitely travel over there and read some of the "Mystical Sayings." They're laugh-out-loud funny. And they certainly are mystical:

Saying 19

Yesu said, “Blessed is one who came to life before coming to life. If you become my disciples and hearken to my sayings, these stones will serve you. For there are five trees in Paradise for you. They do not change, summer or winter, and their leaves do not drop. Whoever knows about them will not taste death.”25

Most of them are along the lines of "No matter where you go, there you are," or "A wet bird never flies at night" - type stuff. Entertaining.

Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
That's from The Gospel of Thomas, verse 19. Bishop Kallistos Ware quotes a (non-heretical) verse from that text, in The Orthodox Way, I believe.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:13:32 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »

Shocked

Wow.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

spcasuncoast.org
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »

Now that we've updated the Bible, I think we need to also update the Gospel of Thomas. I mean, seriously, who splits wood and looks under rocks nowadays? Maybe we could change it to something like: "Take a bite out of a truffle and I am there, look inside your gucci bag and you will find me".

sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »

That's from The Gospel of Thomas, verse 19. Bishop Kallistos Ware quotes a (non-heretical) verse from that text, in The Orthodox Way, I believe.

That's unfortunate. It makes Christ sound like a burned-out hippie. No wonder it's not canonical.
Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »

Asteriktos, 

I believe that such odd sayings are meant in a similar way to Zen koans.  A way for you to transcend your analytical mind..

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »

Asteriktos, 

I believe that such odd sayings are meant in a similar way to Zen koans.  A way for you to transcend your analytical mind..

LBK
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 10:01:55 AM »

Change is inherent in Wayism's philosophical structure and the The Wayist Bible is no exception to it. Over the years it has been added to, and subtracted from - a dynamic process that continues to best serve the needs of devotees at the particular time. Remember - there were times - not too long ago - when hardly anyone read - yet we had a Wayist Bible way back then. We inherit from forebears who walked the ancient lands in the first century, proclaiming The Way. Wayism is rooted in these Scriptures and the cultural heritage of Yesu is reflected herein. Among those whom we honour as founders of the Tradition, we remember especially Melchizedek and Lao Tzu, Sri Krishna, Gautama the Buddha, Yesu our Lord and Saviour, St. Mary Magdalene the companion of the Lord, St. Thomas the Twin, St. Siphor, our Inspired Brother Xenophon of Taxila, and Salome of Nisibis.

Yup. Yet another exercise in pretentious self-indulgence.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:02:34 AM by LBK » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: