Author Topic: Prayer For Overcoming The Flesh  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Stephanos Nikolaos

• Hosanna in the highest!
Prayer For Overcoming The Flesh
« on: August 02, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
Lord, please forgive me and help me overcome the lusts of the flesh as you did in your glorious servant Saint Mary of Egypt.

Please pray for me and all who battle with lust.
“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.” +Luke 6:27-29

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • the irregardless one
Re: Prayer For Overcoming The Flesh
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 03:06:27 PM »
Lord have mercy!
"The bed is too short to stretch out on, the blanket too narrow to wrap around you." (Isa. 28:20)

"For because they wronged the simple, they shall be slain; and an inquisition shall ruin the ungodly." (Prov. 1:32 LXX)

Offline zekarja

• High Elder
  • O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »
Lord, have mercy!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »
Lord have mercy.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Severian

• My posts on this site don't necessarily reflect my current position on any given subject.
  • Taxiarches
  • Pat. St. Severus, pray for my family & friends
    • St. Severus of Antioch's Writings
  • Faith: Coptic Orthodox Christian
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »
Lord, accept the repentant soul of your servant Stephanos Nikolaos.
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die [...] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -The Lord Jesus Christ

No longer active on OC.net. Please pray for me and forgive any harm I might have caused by my ignorance and malice. Pls email me, don't send PMs.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »
Lord have mercy.
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline Stephanos Nikolaos

• Hosanna in the highest!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:11:27 PM »
Thank you for the prayers. =)

I praise Thee, O God of our Fathers, I hymn Thee, I bless Thee, I give thanks unto thee for Thy great and tender mercy. To Thee I flee, O merciful and mighty God. Shine into my heart with the True Sun of Thy righteousness. Enlighten my mind and keep all my senses, that henceforth I may walk uprightly and keep Thy commandments, and may finally attain unto eternal life, even to Thee, Who art the source of life, and be admitted to the glorious fruition of Thy inaccessible Light. For Thou art my God, and unto Thee, O Father, Son and Holy Spirit, be ascribed glory, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.
“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.” +Luke 6:27-29

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 07:24:13 PM »
Stephanos Nikolaos
I praise Thee, O God of our Fathers, I hymn Thee, I bless Thee, I give thanks unto thee for Thy great and tender mercy. To Thee I flee, O merciful and mighty God. Shine into my heart with the True Sun of Thy righteousness. Enlighten my mind and keep all my senses, that henceforth I may walk uprightly and keep Thy commandments, and may finally attain unto eternal life, even to Thee, Who art the source of life, and be admitted to the glorious fruition of Thy inaccessible Light. For Thou art my God, and unto Thee, O Father, Son and Holy Spirit, be ascribed glory, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Amen! Lord have mercy!
To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.