OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 09:15:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More attacks on Coptic Christians  (Read 507 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« on: August 01, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »

An exchange of harsh words on July 25 between Ruth, a Christian woman, and Gassem Fouad, a Muslim man who had parked his tricycle in front of her home, escalated into assault by the man on Ruth and other Christian villagers, and the arrest of one Copt. After Ruth, who is 5 months pregnant, was assaulted, a Muslim mob waited for Coptic farmers to return from the fields, where they were intercepted and beaten with iron rods and pipes.

Security forces managed to contain the situation.

Six Christians, including Ruth and her sister-in-law Hannan, were hospitalized with concussions, head injuries and broken limbs. No Muslim was injured.

None of the Muslim perpetrators was arrested.

The rest can be read here:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2011/07/egypt-muslim-attack-on-christians-provoked-by-installation-of-church-bell/
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:27:25 PM by Salpy » Logged

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:54:05 AM »

May the Lord protect and save our Coptic brothers and sisters, may He calm the storm of hate that is ones more raging against them. may the prayer of all the saints be with the Copts protect them against the hosts of mestema/hatred. May the Mother of Light come to the aide of her beloved children the Copts. Amen.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 12:59:51 AM »

Sad Lord have mercy!

Joe: 'Is it creepy for a 35 year old guy to date a 19 year old girl?'
Desiree: 'Not if she's the one to push for the relationship, babe.'
Joe: 'But...'
Desiree: 'You'll shut up if you're smart.'
Joe: 'Ok.'
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 01:22:56 AM »

May the Lord protect and save our Coptic brothers and sisters, may He calm the storm of hate that is ones more raging against them. may the prayer of all the saints be with the Copts protect them against the hosts of mestema/hatred. May the Mother of Light come to the aide of her beloved children the Copts. Amen.

Amen.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:46:12 AM »

Amen.
Amen.

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 08:32:15 AM »

Kyrie, eleison!

Tags: persecution Coptic Orthodox Church Islam 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: