OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 04:00:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Clergymen Meet in Ireland  (Read 385 times) Average Rating: 0
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« on: August 01, 2011, 08:36:01 PM »

30/7/2011

Dr Mathews Mar Thimothios (metropolitan of Indian Orthodox Church) made his pastoral visit to the St Thomas Indian Orthodox Church of Dublin, Ireland on 24 July 2011. Fr Koshy Vaidyan, Vicar, along with members of the parish welcomed the Metropolitan.

Mar Thimothios celebrated Holy Qurbana and Fr. Koshy Vaidyan, The Very Reverend Archimandrite Deiniol, the administrator of Wales Orthodox Mission(Ecumenical Patriarchate) and Rev. David Lonergan, Vicar, Antiochian Orthodox Church of Ireland and a large number of faithful attended. After the Holy Qurbana Mar Thimothios addressed the gathering at a meeting. Metropolitan met with various religious leaders of different Christian denominations in Ireland.

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2011/07/inter-orthodox-meeting-in-ireland/

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »

No questions or comments?

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 07:03:06 PM »

May God grant them continued success.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 07:53:48 PM »

Wonderful! I look for the day that such an article may read that members from our communities con-celebrated the Qurbana.

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: