OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 12:48:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Date Rape Drug Detecting Nail Polish  (Read 3304 times) Average Rating: 0
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #450 on: August 27, 2014, 06:04:23 PM »

Well I made it at clear at least 4 times now that Maria was speaking in self defense and thus isn't guilty IMHO. I think in the case of self-defense, the gloves come off and you can do whatever is needed to incapacitate the person. However, everybody keeps ignoring this point. Arachne mostly, but you are doing the same thing right now. When I was speaking against the groin kick as sexual assault against men, I was referring to when it is committed against a man who did not grope or assault a woman in any form warranting self defense. I made this clear several times already.

And I kept reminding that a groin kick is an acceptable reaction to a gesture of sexual harassment. Three guesses who had to pretzel in the 'unprovoked' clause because otherwise they got nothing.

The cartoon is geared towards the majority of decent men who find themselves in a bystander position through ignorance or intimidation. Jerks need not apply.

The filthly language bombs in those cartoons render them only suitable for jerks.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:08:48 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from reporting
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

Proverbs 31:13

« Reply #451 on: August 27, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »

Well I made it at clear at least 4 times now that Maria was speaking in self defense and thus isn't guilty IMHO. I think in the case of self-defense, the gloves come off and you can do whatever is needed to incapacitate the person. However, everybody keeps ignoring this point. Arachne mostly, but you are doing the same thing right now. When I was speaking against the groin kick as sexual assault against men, I was referring to when it is committed against a man who did not grope or assault a woman in any form warranting self defense. I made this clear several times already.

And I kept reminding that a groin kick is an acceptable reaction to a gesture of sexual harassment. Three guesses who had to pretzel in the 'unprovoked' clause because otherwise they got nothing.

The cartoon is geared towards the majority of decent men who find themselves in a bystander position through ignorance or intimidation. Jerks need not apply.

Weird how YOU aren't being accused of being pro-abortion along with me. Tongue Wonder why!

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #452 on: August 27, 2014, 06:05:12 PM »

Well I made it at clear at least 4 times now that Maria was speaking in self defense and thus isn't guilty IMHO.

You are entitled to your HO.

I think in the case of self-defense, the gloves come off and you can do whatever is needed to incapacitate the person. However, everybody keeps ignoring this point. Arachne mostly, but you are doing the same thing right now. When I was speaking against the groin kick as sexual assault against men, I was referring to when it is committed against a man who did not grope or assault a woman in any form warranting self defense. I made this clear several times already.

I don't disagree with you on self-defence.    

As for the cartoon, the cartoon is clearly pro abortion. While the point it made about deficiencies in the legal system--which I'd point out there are also tons against men--the example was pro abortion and a faulty one at that. As to Kelly's views about abortion, I don't know or care. Nor did I make any claims about them.

The cartoon is not pro-abortion, it is anti-harassment.  One example used was pro-abortion, and so we can conclude that the creator(s) is pro-abortion.  I agree with you that it was a problematic example.  But if that makes the whole piece pro-abortion in your opinion, all this proves to me is that homeschooling has its drawbacks.  

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #453 on: August 27, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »

Weird how YOU aren't being accused of being pro-abortion along with me. Tongue Wonder why!

She just posted it for our consumption. You, my dear, recommended it.

That is a HUGE difference.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #454 on: August 27, 2014, 06:05:51 PM »

The filty language bombs in those cartoons render them only suitable for jerks.

Filthy language is certainly not very ladylike.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:08:03 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #455 on: August 27, 2014, 06:08:19 PM »

The filthy language bombs in those cartoons render them only suitable for jerks.

Filthy language is certainly unladylike.

Filthy language is ungentlemanly and very unchristian too.
All the Orthodox Christian priests I have know, whatever their jurisdictions, would not tolerate such language.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #456 on: August 27, 2014, 06:09:03 PM »

How is posting X not an implicit recommendation of X?  

kelly
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2014, 06:10:02 PM »

Yeah that makes absolutely NO sense, my dear.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2014, 06:10:15 PM »

PhD's in psychology can be written based on this thread alone.   Tongue

Yes, piled higher and deeper and buried in books.

What good does book knowledge gain you?

What we read on the internet lacks 80 percent of meaningful communications (head nods, body movements, smiles, eye movement, etc.).

I'm not impressed with that response.  Try again.   Smiley
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2014, 06:10:45 PM »

Posting X can be for reference only. In the Schlock Icon thread, people post some horrible stuff that they certainly do not recommend.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2014, 06:11:02 PM »

No need to remind me. I already pointed out that it's okay in self-defense several times. You are attacking a straw man. Sexual harassment--assuming it's physical and not just verbal--certainly would entail a response in self defense which may be a groin kick.

I only pointed out that groin kicks which come unprovoked are in fact sexual assault, something you failed and are still failing to recognize in lieu of a straw man position and silly arguments that all men who are kicked in the groin were asking for it by sexually harassing or assaulting a woman, which isn't true anymore than the silly idea that every woman who gets raped was asking for it.

No, it's just a silly tongue-in-cheek abortion glorifying demonstration of stupidity that only makes a couple of good points if you can get past the profanity. Funny how just like Maria and I pointed out earlier that problems and double standards men are facing (like the groin kick sexual assault or virgin-shaming of virgin men) are entirely overlooked in these cartoons and articles. Women clearly only care about their own. And that's fine; men can do the same.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #461 on: August 27, 2014, 06:11:33 PM »

Posting X can be for reference only. In the Schlock Icon thread, people post some horrible stuff that they certainly do not recommend.

Keep on with your godly mission of trying to prove that I'm pro-death, Maria. Everyone needs a hobby. I'm sorry that yours include lying.

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #462 on: August 27, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »

The filthly language bombs in those cartoons render them only suitable for jerks.

Jerks don't need such language tutorials. There was nothing in those cartoons worse than what a decent girl can hear shouted at her if she passes a construction site on her way to school or work.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #463 on: August 27, 2014, 06:11:58 PM »

We are not in the Schlock Icon thread.  

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #464 on: August 27, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »

To be fair, perhaps I should ask Arachne if she is also pro-choice.
If she took the time to read and comprehend what she was posting for our consumption.

Would you serve poison to your guests at tea?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #465 on: August 27, 2014, 06:14:11 PM »

If she took the time to read and comprehend what she was posting for our consumption.

Depends on who is coming.

Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #466 on: August 27, 2014, 06:14:58 PM »

Jerks don't need such language tutorials. There was nothing in those cartoons worse than what a decent girl can hear shouted at her if she passes a construction site on her way to school or work.

Cussing sailors and contruction workers are unlikely to read those cartoons.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #467 on: August 27, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »

Why do you project?

Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #468 on: August 27, 2014, 06:16:32 PM »

Hence the target audience being decent men.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2014, 06:17:52 PM »

I've actually found the stereotype that construction workers curse like sailors to not be entirely true. I've been on many a construction site with my father doing business and/or working and most of the time you can't even talk or hear anything with the sound of tools and heavy machinery.

It's those garbage men and men who load & unload cargo either at the docks or for people moving that curse a lot more  Grin

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2014, 06:18:43 PM »

I don't feel obligated to answer you. Sue me.

Very much so.

No, but I wouldn't accept responsibility if they gobbled their food so fast that it went down the wrong hole, either.

Porter ODoran
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

Erst Amish Appalachian

« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2014, 06:20:05 PM »

I've actually found the stereotype that construction workers curse like sailors to not be entirely true. I've been on many a construction site with my father doing business and/or working and most of the time you can't even talk or hear anything with the sound of tools and heavy machinery.

It's those garbage men and men who load & unload cargo either at the docks or for people moving that curse a lot more  Grin

The foulest-mouthed tend to be teenagers, evidently anxious whether they'll ever grow up.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #472 on: August 27, 2014, 06:21:27 PM »

The foulest-mouthed tend to be teenagers, evidently anxious whether they'll ever grow up.

Oh yeah. We curse a lot.

I never however cursed much because my parents were extraordinarily strict about it, even though they cursed  Wink

Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #473 on: August 27, 2014, 06:23:30 PM »

You lucked out. They just didn't find you attractive enough. laugh

podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »

Is there a way to nominate a thread for being  "Least Representative of Orthodox Christianity as a Religion"? If so, this one has to be a contender.
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #475 on: August 27, 2014, 06:54:24 PM »

French tip is better for pedicures on a woman. Fingernails should be black IMHO.

Ugh. That's horrible, at least on white women. Perhaps they look good on Mexican mamacitas, but they're in short supply over here so there's no way I can find out.

Black would positively prevent the reading of an accurate date rape drug detection.

Are you saying that only blacks date rape? Dat be racist!

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #476 on: August 27, 2014, 06:55:49 PM »

Is there a way to nominate a thread for being  "Least Representative of Orthodox Christianity as a Religion"? If so, this one has to be a contender.

Every once in a while, there'll be a thread that makes me want to hide in the cabinet of the drum table, like I did when I was a kid. This thread has become one of them.  Tongue
DeniseDenise
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #477 on: August 27, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »

French tip is better for pedicures on a woman. Fingernails should be black IMHO.

Ugh. That's horrible, at least on white women. Perhaps they look good on Mexican mamacitas, but they're in short supply over here so there's no way I can find out.

Black would positively prevent the reading of an accurate date rape drug detection.

Why should that matter? If they are sinful enough to need that indicator then you have said they get what they deserve for being somewhere unsafe.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #478 on: August 27, 2014, 07:48:41 PM »

Why all the hatred for construction workers, dock workers, garbage collectors, etc?  Without them there would be no date rape, just the regular vanilla rape associated with warlords and their gangs of mercenaries.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #479 on: August 27, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »

If any colors (especially dark colors) were to be applied on the nails before applying the special nail polish, it could mask the effects as the special nail polish contains reagents that will react and change color.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #480 on: August 27, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »

Every once in a while, there'll be a thread that makes me want to hide in the cabinet of the drum table, like I did when I was a kid. This thread has become one of them.  Tongue

Actually, it's gone beyond 'least representative of Orthodox Christianity.' It's in the running for 'most embarrassing to humankind.' Probably not in the final four there, but surely on the Top Ten list....
DeniseDenise
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #481 on: August 27, 2014, 09:47:48 PM »

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #482 on: August 27, 2014, 11:37:21 PM »

Locked pending the review of this section's moderator
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #483 on: August 31, 2014, 12:07:39 AM »

So do others and yet they have some shield from it. Reminds me, gotta note about Fr. H needing a little help.

What a strange thing to say about Father H, in the light of this:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,60036.msg1168294.html#msg1168294
Tags: dating rape 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: