Author Topic: Bold girls  (Read 392 times)

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
Bold girls
« on: August 01, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »
Alright I know that this may sound like a really stupid question but I watched some videos about ocmc in Africa and I noticed that all the women had very little or no hair. Does anybody here know about this? Is it a cultural thing or are they just unable to grow long hair?

Here is a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtpoUdhpuZI&NR=1
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline IsmiLiora

• Chronic Exaggerator
  • Archon
  • Back by unpopular demand.
Re: Bold girls
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »
As far as I know, I'm pretty sure that they can grow long hair! ;)

I heard that some schools require the young women to keep their hair at a very short length. Whether it's for hygienic reasons or just another aspect of uniformity and lack of attention to hair, clothing, and makeup, I'm not completely sure. Maybe a little bit of both.

Just a personal anecdote, one of my friends keeps her hair short because she said that it's so difficult to manage longer hair. Watching her use relaxers constantly, I completely believe her! The texture is so thick.
She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right

Offline arimethea

• Getting too old for this
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Does anyone really care what you think?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »
It might be for the same reason, as a guy, I keep my hair shorter in the summer months and longer in the winter.
Joseph

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 07:05:10 PM »
Thank you :)
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite