OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 02:07:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okay. Maybe we ARE in the End Times  (Read 746 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: July 07, 2004, 07:50:24 AM »

Hallelujah Palooza
Faith and Rock Mosh Together At Christian Music Festival

By Andrew Beaujon
Special to The Washington Post
Wednesday, July 7, 2004; Page C01

BUSHNELL, Ill.

The 3,000 people crammed into this tent are tingling with trepidation and illicit thrills: Will David Bazan . . . swear out loud tonight?

If this were one of the punk clubs that Bazan's band, Pedro the Lion, usually finds itself in, the bearded 28-year-old singer would have to do a lot more than cuss to raise even a single pierced eyebrow. But as a performer at the Cornerstone Festival, an annual Christian-rock expo in western Illinois that took place over the weekend, Bazan is expected to follow the same rules as the attendees -- no drugs or alcohol, and while profanity isn't specifically banned, it's certainly not encouraged.

Bazan has already blown through a gallon jug of water mixed with vodka, so what's one more shattered taboo?

"You were too busy steering the conversation toward the Lord," he sings, "to hear the voice of the Spirit begging you to shut the [expletive] up."

A slight squeal goes up, and then some objects fly at the stage.

They're a few pairs of ladies' underwear.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32667-2004Jul6.html

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

"You were too busy steering the conversation toward the Lord," he sings, "to hear the voice of the Spirit begging you to shut the [expletive] up."

While his choice of words are out of place, the sentiment, I think, is right on.  Smiley

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 10:17:30 AM »

I agree with Schultz.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 07:10:54 PM »

I was referring more to the "ladies underwear" comment.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: