OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 09:58:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Circumcision  (Read 1893 times) Average Rating: 0
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:58 PM »

So speak with an Eastern orthodox priest so he can do something for you. Like if you were confirmed the monks on Athos will baptize again not reciognizing just christmation or there should be something for this case.

So the idea is to avoid circumcision after baptism so people do not reenter under curses of the Law,

Why do you spend so much time trying to scare people and then give unstable persons spiritual advice without having responsibility for their spiritual care and then send them off to "Mt. Athos" as if any elder was just as good as any other there? This is irresponsible and dangerous, especially for anyone who listens to you.

And who the heck is being circumcised after baptism? Probably only those who convert to Judaism, which is already apostasy. It just seems like you are making an issue out of a situation that does not exist.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 03:35:04 PM »

Did you tell your priest about circumcision after baptism?

He would know what to do in this case .

Unlikely. This assumes all priests give the same answer to every case.

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 03:36:33 PM »

Btw, besides the Greeks, Georgians, Armenians and, outside of Orthodoxy, the Nestorians and Maronites, all the Christians in the Middle East circumcize.  The Protestants, as usual, do whatever.

Possibly for medical, not religious reasons. Most American boys for the same reason were circumcised until recently.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 03:38:48 PM »

Thanks pasadi, I forgot about that.

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »

Claiming to see the Trinity implies that the monk in question could very well be lying. No one has seen the Father but He who is from the Father. The Father can not be seen by us because the Father doesn't have a physical body

Although I wont say he is lying, a certain amount of embellishment is possible   Wink

He is not lying. Father can assume physical body as it was assumed when Holy Trinity visited Abraham
From what I remember, Abraham looked at God after he passed, not Him in the face.

PP

That was Moses.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: