OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 07:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hvor mange norske, svenske, og danske høyttalerne er her?  (Read 4513 times) Average Rating: 0
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« on: July 31, 2011, 05:09:23 PM »

Jeg er nysgjerrig.  Smiley

Forgive my sins.
Jonathan Gress
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »

Jeg kender dansk.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »

en øl tak

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »

en øl tak

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »

Jeg kender dansk.

Er du fra Danmark?  Smiley

Forgive my sins.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 04:47:58 PM »

Ahh Skandinaviens nationaldrik(lige efter snaps måske Cheesy)

Her er min ynglings norske sang  Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf6jra1Ah2A

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »

Jag är inte en svenskspråkig person men jag har lärat lite svenska på skolan. Finland är ett tvåspråkig land så det är obligatorisk också för alla finskspråkiga att lära lite svensk.

I'm sorry for my bad Swedish. I can understand much of what I hear or read but writing or speaking is a whole another thing. Swedish-speaking Finns are so small minority in Finland that I've never needed it in my day-to-day life.

I wonder how similar Norwegian, Icelandic and Danish languages are to Swedish language? Do people from different countries understand each other without translations? Also, I've heard that Swedes doesn't understand Finland's Swedish dialect anymore since it's prononcuation has become so different from Sweden's Swedish. Is that true?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:15:37 PM by Alpo » Logged

Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 05:31:55 PM »

In most situations danes, swedes and norwegians would probably be able to understand each other if you listen closely but I thinks that is becoming more normal to use english these days. Personally I am capable of reading norwegian(bokmål) and understand it to a sertan degree since I have family in Norway. I don't think most danes can understand icelandic since it quite different from the other nordic languages.

However I love Finland it is so beautiful and I would love to visit the country some day Smiley

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »

Nordmann her!

By the way, google translate seems to have let you down, 'høyttaler' means a loudspeaker (as in audio equipment) Wink
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:39:10 PM by Orthodox11 » Logged
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 05:44:52 PM »

However I love Finland it is so beautiful and I would love to visit the country some day Smiley

And I'd like to visit in Denmark and other Scandinavian countries some day. It could be interesting to see how other Scandinavian countries are different from Finland.

Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 05:51:37 PM »

I wonder how similar Norwegian, Icelandic and Danish languages are to Swedish language? Do people from different countries understand each other without translations? Also, I've heard that Swedes doesn't understand Finland's Swedish dialect anymore since it's prononcuation has become so different from Sweden's Swedish. Is that true?

I can understand Swedish (inc. Finnish pronunciation) and Danish without any problems, although I occasionally have to ask the Danes to repeat themselves (despite Danish and Norwegian bokmål being almost identical on paper, danish pronunciation is pretty slurred and can be a bit tricky to decipher). Norwegian nynorsk, based on the western dialects, would probably be quite difficult for Danes and Swedes to understand. It's a much less Danified form of Norwegian, and is much closer to Icelandic (the closest language to ancient Norse) or Faroeese than any of the other Scandinavian languages are.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 06:07:17 PM »

Selvfølgelig, ønsker jeg noen nå!  Grin Men jeg er i USA, jeg er ikke av alder.  Lips Sealed

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »

Nordmann her!

By the way, google translate seems to have let you down, 'høyttaler' means a loudspeaker (as in audio equipment) Wink

Forgive me, I'm rusty.  Smiley

Forgive my sins.
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »

It's interesting to hear that there are two kinds of standards for Norwegian language. Finland has been intentionally built as a rather homogenous country so it's always interesting to hear different kind of societies exists even as our neighnours. Finnish written language was originally built on basis of Western dialects but it subsequently adopted also more Eastern influences but it's not so far-fetched to think that there could be two standards also to Finnish language since there are some variety between different dialects.

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 06:44:42 PM »

Selvfølgelig, ønsker jeg noen nå!  Grin Men jeg er i USA, jeg er ikke av alder.  Lips Sealed
Du skulle besøge Danmark. Her begynder vi at drikke når vi er 13  Cheesy

-St Silouan the athonite
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 06:53:38 PM »

And I'd like to visit in Denmark and other Scandinavian countries some day. It could be interesting to see how other Scandinavian countries are different from Finland.

Finland has always seemed like a country stuck somewhere between Nordic and Russian culture, I've never visited it, but that's just the feeling I get.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

Egentlig? 18 i Norge tror jeg. Jeg drakk på mitt siste besøk.  Wink

Hvilken del av Danmark er du fra?  Smiley

Forgive my sins.
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 07:14:49 PM »

Finland has always seemed like a country stuck somewhere between Nordic and Russian culture, I've never visited it, but that's just the feeling I get.

That's what I was thinking too. I guess were rather Eastern originally but then Sweden's conquest and 19th century's Nationalism which tried to get rid of everything that hints to Russia made us part of Scandinavia. I believe Finnishness was formed on basis of Western Finland but then the Eastern parts were socialized into that Western construction even though they retain their Eastern culture and dialect. It's a rather interesting combination.

And when you add Lapland into this equation it gets even more interesting. I recall being in some lecture where lecturer pointed out amusingly that it's a little funny that Finland is advertised for tourists as a land of Lapland since Lapland has been considered a sort of backwoods of Finland by Finns themselves.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:23:33 PM by Alpo » Logged

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 07:34:34 PM »

Egentlig? 18 i Norge tror jeg. Jeg drakk på mitt siste besøk.  Wink

Hvilken del av Danmark er du fra?  Smiley

Jeg er fra det Vestjylland Smiley

Det sjove er at Danmark kun har en lov om hvornår man må købe alkohol men ikke hvornår man må drikke Cheesy

-St Silouan the athonite
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »

Jeg er fra det Vestjylland Smiley

Det sjove er at Danmark kun har en lov om hvornår man må købe alkohol men ikke hvornår man må drikke Cheesy
[/quote]

Oh, lurte jeg på fordi jeg har besøkt Odense.  Smiley

Jeg tror USA følger samme regel, men om røyking. Noen lover er dumme. lol.

Jeg er så glad jeg er å praktisere min norsk. Jeg sjelden har sjansen.  Grin

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »

That's what I was thinking too. I guess were rather Eastern originally but then Sweden's conquest and 19th century's Nationalism which tried to get rid of everything that hints to Russia made us part of Scandinavia. I believe Finnishness was formed on basis of Western Finland but then the Eastern parts were socialized into that Western construction even though they retain their Eastern culture and dialect. It's a rather interesting combination.

And when you add Lapland into this equation it gets even more interesting. I recall being in some lecture where lecturer pointed out amusingly that it's a little funny that Finland is advertised for tourists as a land of Lapland since Lapland has been considered a sort of backwoods of Finland by Finns themselves.

To be honest, Finland should be increadibly proud of their culture and how they are different from just about everyother country.

Is that because Lapland is nothing but mountains and snow? Do any Sami live in Lapland?

On a sidenote, how Orthodox is Finland? I'm curious.

Forgive my sins.
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 04:45:11 AM »

Is that because Lapland is nothing but mountains and snow? Do any Sami live in Lapland?

Yes for both. Actually it could be possible that Lapland was considered backwoods just because of Samis. Majorities tend to discriminate minorities.

Not much. Back in the days it was basically ethnic religion of Karelians and Russians. When one converted to Lutheranism from Orhodoxy that basically meant also a change of national identity i.e. a Russian became a Finn. An idea that one can be a Finn and an Orthodox was born when Finland was annexed to Russia in the beginning of 19th since the emperor's religion became a tolerated religion. Still, it remained basically as an ethic religion. When Finland became independent Orthodoxy got her status as another state religion probably because politicians wanted socialize Karelians as a part of mainstream Finnish society. Still, Finland remained and still is a mostly Lutheran country. The president participates in a some prayer service during the independence day and we have church tax etc. but that's just about it.

Orthodoxy's ethnic trait has started to fade only in recent decades. When Soviet Union conquered much of Eastern Finland the inhabitants were evaquated everywhere in Finland. Amusingly Orthodoxy has become even a little trendy probably because influx of converts and because people deem her a little exotic and different from the regular Finnishness but still more stable and safe. Still, only 1,1% of Finns are Orhodox Christians.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:46:17 AM by Alpo » Logged

Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 05:37:48 AM »

It's interesting to hear that there are two kinds of standards for Norwegian language. Finland has been intentionally built as a rather homogenous country so it's always interesting to hear different kind of societies exists even as our neighnours. Finnish written language was originally built on basis of Western dialects but it subsequently adopted also more Eastern influences but it's not so far-fetched to think that there could be two standards also to Finnish language since there are some variety between different dialects.

Bokmål (book-language) is essentially a Norwegianised form of Danish, which was the standard written language in Norway until very recently due to the longstanding union between the two countries. Nynorsk (new Norwegian) was developed in the 19th century as an alternative and more authentically Norwegian orthography. While Bokmål continues to be the more commonly used written form, Nynorsk being more or less confined to the western regions, the majority of people speak a wide variety of local dialects which often differ considerably from either written form.

Nynorsk too underwent some minor adjustment in the mid-20th century to even out some of the differences between the two orthographies, although it still remains very distinct. Ivar Aasen's original form is now commonly referred to as Høgnorsk (high-Norwegian).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:56:14 AM by Orthodox11 » Logged
Jonathan Gress
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 07:46:59 AM »

Ja det er jeg. Smiley

Er du norsk?
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »

Yes for both. Actually it could be possible that Lapland was considered backwoods just because of Samis. Majorities tend to discriminate minorities.

That would make sense.

Orthodoxy's ethnic trait has started to fade only in recent decades. When Soviet Union conquered much of Eastern Finland the inhabitants were evaquated everywhere in Finland. Amusingly Orthodoxy has become even a little trendy probably because influx of converts and because people deem her a little exotic and different from the regular Finnishness but still more stable and safe. Still, only 1,1% of Finns are Orhodox Christians.

That's amazing, I don't know why, but I thought Finland was higher Orthodox. I guess because they have an autonomous church.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »

Ja det er jeg. Smiley

Er du norsk?

Ja, ble født der. Jeg flyttet til USA da jeg var 13 skjønt.  Smiley

Forgive my sins.
Tommelomsky
Elder

Faith: Russian-Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »

Halloen. Nordmann her. Forstår svensk og dansk utmerket, men kan ikke snakke det særlig bra.
Finsk forstår jeg ikke, men Finland er et flott land og presten i menigheten min er derfra.

Smiley

The meaning of life is to acquire the grace of the Holy Spirit.
Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)

+ Glory be to God for all things! +
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 08:41:35 PM »

To be honest, Finland should be increadibly proud of their culture and how they are different from just about everyother country.

My husband is part Saami, but he looks like a blonde Greek. However, his sister and brother have very strong Saami features. His parents came from Norway (mom) and N.E. Sweden (dad). N.E. Sweden apparently had quite a few Saami people living there.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Frederic

Faith: Roman Catholicism > Eastern Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Antioch

St Frederick of Utrecht

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 12:19:20 AM »

Jeg er en franskmann som lærer seg norsk, men jeg snakker norsk ikke bra.

«One cannot understand the least thing about modern civilization if one does not first realize that it is a universal conspiracy to destroy the inner life.» (George Bernanos)
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 06:44:01 AM »

Jeg er en franskmann som lærer seg norsk, men jeg snakker norsk ikke bra.

Det er veldig bra  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:45:29 AM by Ansgar » Logged

-St Silouan the athonite
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 02:37:40 PM »

Denne nordmannen har tenkt å begynne å lære russisk i 2013.
Så man faktisk kan kommunisere skikkelig med de siste 2/3 av meningheten man tilhører.

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »

Så man faktisk kan kommunisere skikkelig med de siste 2/3 av meningheten man tilhører.

Praktisk  Smiley

-St Silouan the athonite
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 03:33:12 PM »

How sad it is that I understand most of what you Danes, Swedes and Norwegians are writing here but I couldn't cope with spoken discussion. Sad

Hopefully I can brush up my Swedish once I move to the South.

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 04:11:29 PM »

How sad it is that I understand most of what you Danes, Swedes and Norwegians are writing here but I couldn't cope with spoken discussion. Sad

I would love to learn finnish one day.

-St Silouan the athonite
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »

Well, i feel much the same way about the fact that i do not speak finnish. What I wrote is that next year, the plan is to take russian lessons so it is possible to interact with 2/3s of my parish. Smiley

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Aedificare

Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Russian Orthodox Churches in Western Europe

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 06:44:31 AM »

Jeg er Norsk. Vingler litt når det gjelder Kirker, det å bli Ortodoks ser rett og slett litt for vanskelig ut.
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 06:48:31 AM »

Jeg er Norsk. Vingler litt når det gjelder Kirker, det å bli Ortodoks ser rett og slett litt for vanskelig ut.

Velkommen  Smiley

Vi bliver bare flere og flere.

-St Silouan the athonite
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 09:03:10 AM »

"For mitt åk er godt, og min byrde lett."  Smiley
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 07:44:04 PM »

Kan jeg spørre om hva det er du finner vanskelig? Send meg gjerne en post om du ønsker.

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

MarianCatholic
Catholic Christian

Faith: Catholic to the End of Times!
Jurisdiction: Rome sweet Home < 3

Holy Theotokos, Through your interseccion Save Us!

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »

Tommelomsky: Er du norsk konvertitt eller er du innvandrer som alltid har vært Orthodox?
Hvis du er etnisk Norsk så er jeg UTROLIG spent på konversjonshistorien din ettersom det er svært få eller ingen nordmenn som konverterer til den Russisk Orthodokse Kirke årlig.

Selv konverterte jeg til den Katolske Kirke under påske Vigilien i år (2014) og har endelig funnet fred.

Så please del historien din om hvordan du endte opp i den russisk orthodox kirke.

Din venn
MarianCatholic

Christ is Risen, Alleluia!
Aedificare

Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Russian Orthodox Churches in Western Europe

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2014, 03:32:25 PM »

Kan jeg spørre om hva det er du finner vanskelig? Send meg gjerne en post om du ønsker.

2 år gamalt svar men...  Grin

Eg var ikkje heilt trygg på om eg ville vera Katolikk eller Ortodoks. Det vanskelege hadde mykje med kor tilgjengeleg det var. Ortodokse kyrkjelyder var langt vekk ifrå meg, fyrste gongen eg gjekk dro eg til Hl.Olga Russiske Kyrkje som er i Oslo.. men no er det liturgi i byen min so alt er greitt og ikkje so einsamt!
Clemente
Elder

Jurisdiction: Europe

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2014, 05:09:03 PM »

Jeg er norsk amerikansk og bodde før i Oslo men nu i Spania. Så fint at det finnes så påss mange norsktallende ortodokse folk her!

Om jeg bodde fortsatt i Oslo, ville jeg sikkert høre till den russiske kirken.
MarianCatholic
Catholic Christian

Faith: Catholic to the End of Times!
Jurisdiction: Rome sweet Home < 3

Holy Theotokos, Through your interseccion Save Us!

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2014, 05:27:42 PM »

Jeg er norsk amerikansk og bodde før i Oslo men nu i Spania. Så fint at det finnes så påss mange norsktallende ortodokse folk her!

Om jeg bodde fortsatt i Oslo, ville jeg sikkert høre till den russiske kirken.

Det er vell fint med norsktalende Katolikker på dette forumet også??
 Roll Eyes

Christ is Risen, Alleluia!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: