Author Topic: Looking for a book about Apocalypse  (Read 615 times)

Offline ativan

• Elder
  • Fr. Gabrieli Of Mtskheta
Looking for a book about Apocalypse
« on: July 27, 2011, 12:31:09 AM »
My apologies if this topic isn't in the right discussion. Please move it where you feel it belongs to.

I'm looking for a very rare book and need some information about it. Any input will be appreciated. The book is written by a Greek Monk whose name was Cyril Lavriotis (spelling might be somewhat different). I can't find on the internet anything about this monk or his book. He lived around 18th century as far as I know. Apparently this is many-paged book which is one of the largest exegesis on the book of Revelation. Anybody knows links in the internet that might be helpful? Or is there any English translation of this book? If you could PM me that'll be alright too. Greek members of the forum might know something. Thanks in advance.

Glory to the Lord

Offline Nigula Qian Zishi

• Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
  • OC.net guru
  • 我美丽的妻子和我。
    • Orthodox Ecclesiology and The World
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
在基督
尼古拉
前执事
的博客

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
Re: Looking for a book about Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:45 AM »
Kinderspiel. No one beats my google-fu.

The name you are looking for is: Kyrillos Lavriotis.

Apparently it is unpublished according to the following source. But you can find it at the School of Theology in Athens.

Look at footnote 9 on pg. 90.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ImsWVbWVrgIC&pg=PA90&lpg=PA90&dq=Lavriotis+orthodox+monnk&source=bl&ots=35Mf1kgFRS&sig=yrDbwUNk-V8SWHD81ESSL-1JQec&hl=en&ei=eJ0vTqXiHNHMsQLN_Z0-&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CD0Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline ativan

• Elder
  • Fr. Gabrieli Of Mtskheta
Re: Looking for a book about Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:11:33 AM »
Kinderspiel. No one beats my google-fu.

The name you are looking for is: Kyrillos Lavriotis.

Apparently it is unpublished according to the following source. But you can find it at the School of Theology in Athens.

Look at footnote 9 on pg. 90.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ImsWVbWVrgIC&pg=PA90&lpg=PA90&dq=Lavriotis+orthodox+monnk&source=bl&ots=35Mf1kgFRS&sig=yrDbwUNk-V8SWHD81ESSL-1JQec&hl=en&ei=eJ0vTqXiHNHMsQLN_Z0-&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CD0Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=false
Thanks. You are very helpful. Though it's bad one can't find it anywhere other than the School of Theology in Athens.