OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 11:28:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a book about Apocalypse  (Read 528 times) Average Rating: 0
ativan
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Georgian Orthodox Church

Fr. Gabrieli Of Mtskheta

« on: July 27, 2011, 12:31:09 AM »

My apologies if this topic isn't in the right discussion. Please move it where you feel it belongs to.

I'm looking for a very rare book and need some information about it. Any input will be appreciated. The book is written by a Greek Monk whose name was Cyril Lavriotis (spelling might be somewhat different). I can't find on the internet anything about this monk or his book. He lived around 18th century as far as I know. Apparently this is many-paged book which is one of the largest exegesis on the book of Revelation. Anybody knows links in the internet that might be helpful? Or is there any English translation of this book? If you could PM me that'll be alright too. Greek members of the forum might know something. Thanks in advance.

Glory to the Lord
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 12:37:42 AM »

Perhaps this? The Apocalypse: In the Teachings of Ancient Christianity

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:46:05 AM »

Nope.

Large Marge sent me...
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:45 AM »

Kinderspiel. No one beats my google-fu.

The name you are looking for is: Kyrillos Lavriotis.

Apparently it is unpublished according to the following source. But you can find it at the School of Theology in Athens.

Look at footnote 9 on pg. 90.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ImsWVbWVrgIC&pg=PA90&lpg=PA90&dq=Lavriotis+orthodox+monnk&source=bl&ots=35Mf1kgFRS&sig=yrDbwUNk-V8SWHD81ESSL-1JQec&hl=en&ei=eJ0vTqXiHNHMsQLN_Z0-&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CD0Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
ativan
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Georgian Orthodox Church

Fr. Gabrieli Of Mtskheta

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:11:33 AM »

Kinderspiel. No one beats my google-fu.

The name you are looking for is: Kyrillos Lavriotis.

Apparently it is unpublished according to the following source. But you can find it at the School of Theology in Athens.

Look at footnote 9 on pg. 90.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ImsWVbWVrgIC&pg=PA90&lpg=PA90&dq=Lavriotis+orthodox+monnk&source=bl&ots=35Mf1kgFRS&sig=yrDbwUNk-V8SWHD81ESSL-1JQec&hl=en&ei=eJ0vTqXiHNHMsQLN_Z0-&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CD0Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=false
Thanks. You are very helpful. Though it's bad one can't find it anywhere other than the School of Theology in Athens.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: