OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 28, 2014, 04:50:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanity and Pride  (Read 406 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: July 26, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »

With regards to physical appearance, at what point do the lines of vanity and pride get crossed? How do you know when you are crossing these lines? How does this all relate to something that is normal and natural: the attraction between people? Is it vain or prideful if you focus on appearance for the benefit (or desire) or another? Does your relationship with that other person matter (e.g. is it ok if it's a spouse, but maybe not in other cases)?

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider." - Francis Bacon
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 01:40:57 AM »

When you start wondering when you cross the line in regard to vanity or pride. //:=)

I hear what you are saying.

All I can say is that the less the better from a sheer psychological standpoint.

Then again not everyone has an Olympian Build and more locks than a Manhattan bagel shop.

EDIT: That last comment, by the way, was about me, in case you missed it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:41:57 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: