OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 04:42:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope Shenouda on TBN!!!  (Read 1670 times) Average Rating: 0
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« on: July 02, 2004, 02:53:05 PM »

Late late last night, like around 1 am, I was flipping through the channels and came across Pope Shenouda on TBN!  Quite odd.  I was falling asleep and don't remember much of what I saw, but the interviewer was talking to Pope Shenouda about St. Mark and his martyrdom.

For those that don't know, TBN stands for Trinity Broadcasting Network, an Evangelical Protestant channel.  

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Daniel AJ

Holy Prophet Daniel, pray unto God for us!

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 05:14:08 PM »

About 3 weeks ago TBN had an old one of Archbishop Fulton Sheen's "Life is worth living" series on, don't know why they are on that station, I thought it odd and got a little chuckle seeing the late Archbishop in full regalia on an evangelical station.
Dan
Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 06:54:55 PM »

Daniel,

Now you mention it, maybe about a week ago I was also flipping through the channels I though I saw a priest, so I changed back and sure enough it was TBN and they were showing an episode of "Life is Worth Living".

I also thought it was a little weird for them to be showing it and I thought it may have been a one-time thing, but after reading your post it makes me wonder if it may be something that is regularly scheduled.

Anybody know?

In Christ,
Aaron
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 10:22:05 PM »

I also saw that episode of "Life is Worth Living" on TBN. I think it was on July 3rd or 4th. Archbishop Sheen's message in that episode had nothing to do with Catholicism, it was all about American, our indpendence, and our rights, and that is why TBN aired it. What Archbishop Sheen had to say on American is indentical to almost everything the Evangelical preachers have to say about our country on TBN, so it didn't realy surprise me to see the Archbishop on TBN. But what was weirder, was then abou a month ago I flipped on "Word" it is a Evangelical Channel, but with alot of Black Baptist Church stuff, and a lot of Black Gospel singing and so on, anyway they had an hour special on H.H. Pope John Paul II, it was really strange. I had no idea why they'd air a speacial on the Pope!

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Daniel AJ

Holy Prophet Daniel, pray unto God for us!

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 01:54:20 PM »

This episode of Archbishop Sheen was on the week of June 20-26, I remember because I saw it down my mom's house as I was "puppy-sitting" while my mom went on vacation--perhaps TBN is becoming more "ecumenical" or seeing the value in some traditional catholic/orthodox programs.
Daniel
Tags: Pope Shenouda 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: